JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

《天命2》

討論《天命2》的所有事情。
9/19/2019 6:08:09 AM

Intimidated by raiding ? I know I am

Through D1 and D2 I can, quite literally, count my raid completions on the fingers of one hand. The more mechanic heavy they’ve become then the less I feel able to complete them and enjoy the experience. I’m Autistic and have ADHD. Several people telling me what do, in my ear ?- not helpful. Attention span of a Gnat ?- not helpful. Worrying I’ll screw up and spoil your experience ?- 100% of the time. My clan raid several times a week. I’ve been told they’ll get me through; that their patience is boundless. But, is mine ?. Try as I might, I don’t want to screw up. I find that the more I try then the worse I get and nothing makes me feel worse than dragging others down when everyone else has a zillion completions and finds the part I’m stuck on, really simple. I’ve watched guides- didn’t help. I’ve read guides- didn’t help. I just find them really intimidating. Just me ?
English
#destiny2

文章張貼語言:

以禮待人。發佈文章前請花點時間查看我們的行為準則 取消 編輯 創立火力戰隊 文章

• Please don't use Autism or ADHD as an excuse to not clear raids, or to not have the patience for them. Many people including myself have overcome this challenge just fine.

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
      They can definitely be intimidating. Anything that is challenging can be. It's easy to feel like you let the team down when you mess up. But there are a ton of players in the community that are willing to help you overcome the challenge. And if it's not something you enjoy doing, we have plenty of other challenging activities that don't require as much team coordination like Shattered throne or Zero Hour. Best of luck!

文章張貼語言:

81 回覆
      • As a solo player ive completed every raid in destiny.

文章張貼語言:

5 回覆
        • 由Master Baiter編輯: 9/21/2019 5:59:23 AM
          Master Baiter
          Master Baiter

Ape Strong Together -

I just don’t like the gatekeeping. I get turned off from a lot of LFGs because I mostly see a “Know what to do” tag in there. I don’t want to have someone guide me because I don’t want to be a burden to their time. And I don’t want some nerd telling me my load out is bad/suboptimal because I don’t have Mountaintop. I like Menagerie, it lets people like me get a pseudo raid, with none of what I listed above, and I wanna see more like it.

文章張貼語言:

14 回覆
          • I do not have your situation. But I can not stand all the people barking orders. And then the ones that start to yell. So I don't raid. It's just not even fun.

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
            • I just hate being in large chat groups having to follow instructions, listen for call outs, yell out symbol names etc. it’s just not fun. Too many mechanics. I’ve done Leviathan and EoW and up to the boss on SoS. First encounter done on Last Wish. I just don’t find raids fun with the mechanics and wipe tokens.

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
              • Sadly it's only going to get harder. Each new iteration is going to be balanced towards the 1% who play for a living and find ways to trivialise every encounter. It leads to a road where the majority of people don't need to bother playing as the people they want to enjoy playing an activity with, may not have the skill to clear it.

文章張貼語言:

5 回覆
                • Agree. I plaid Raids all the time in D1. With some intimidation but nothing compared to D2. I have played very little in D2. Way too much mechanics, looks like pure hell with little fun. The Raids don’t have interesting bosses to face like Oryx or Wrath of the Machine Aksis. So sick of Emperor Calus and his ship of BS. The armor and weapons are not worth investing the sweat and stress in. Moving forward, things better revert back to D1 or this game is only made for YouTuber Elites with their boy band squads.

文章張貼語言:

• Now I would feel that sentiment IF the group I was dealing with was...short tempered (felt it, seen it) but if they are your clan and willing to help, then you shouldn’t feel that way. On the opposite end, I’ve seen clan structure based on helping others (for admin position) and are real jerks. Usually when I help, it’s in the moment on lfg, where I have no idea of their skills. Lately, I’m helping a bit more as the season is calm. There are certain types who aren’t willing to take time or learn, practice hurts no one. Also, I wouldn’t be where I’m at if I didn’t learn some tricks through raiding with randoms

文章張貼語言:

3 回覆
                  • If you want to raid, I’d start with Eaters or Scourge. They still have some mechanics involved, but they aren’t as dependent on everyone knowing what to do. A decent team can carry pretty easy on those two. Spire and Last Wish are probably next in terms of individual mechanics involved, but both have parts with a significant amount of communication required (from the people doing the carrying). But as long as you can kill ads, you can clear these two as well. Leviathan and Crown have parts that require everyone to know the encounters and do their part. Probably the toughest raids to carry someone on, though once you know the raid the communication required is less than Spire or Last Wish. If you clan is really willing to help, you should take them up on the offer. It can be a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Scourge is probably the easiest of all the raids, but Eaters is my personal favorite.

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
                    • 由Demon XXVII編輯: 9/21/2019 2:04:14 AM
                      Mute everyone in the party chat, apart from the one person who knows that raid inside out! & A: Not to shout, nor confuse you B: Really knows what to do, so they can help/guide/buddy up with you C: Have the Raid team go into the Raid on Tuesday reset, and give you ALL week to complete it ...stage by stage & D: a Group that makes it fun! - It’s not about the end, it’s about the journey! I don’t usually ever Raid, due to my own (real life injury - VBIED) nerve signal/dexterity issues, and not wanting to screw up/waste time/time-out/end up in agony for the next day etc (and that D2 Raids are simply no fun with their totalitarian wipe mechanics), but if I have to, I can and sometimes do go in, with the right type of fireteam EoW would be the best starter (like a 6 man Nightfall), some simple jumping areas, and a simple mechanic on the boss! 👍

文章張貼語言:

7 回覆
                      • i say they are too heavy on mechanics.

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
                        • I have ptsd and 6.people yelling directions n on a mic causes me severe anxiety attacks... I have managed to get one clear of every raid so far this Except last wish riven part and the last phase of spire of stars.. Love to raid... Did quite a few in d1 expect wotm

文章張貼語言:

• Until you get things straight, its probably never going to happen. It sounds like your clan is willing to bring you along, but you seem to not get past your issues. Had a guy in our clan with the same issues. Got him through bathers and tried to get him through gauntlet and he had a panic attack and bailed right in the middle of the encounter. A few days later he starts crying on our clan page that no one wants to help him get the raid completion and plays the whoa is me card and that people in this clan are clique cliche. I called him out told him to knock it off and reminded him that we tried to help but you bailed on us in the middle of the encounter and haven't tried it since. He immediately left the clan.

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                          • 由US Reaper x編輯: 9/20/2019 12:14:09 AM
                            I wish we weren’t on different platforms, I’m on Xbox but would love to help you through a raid one day. If I can give you any advice, it would be to not underestimate the generosity of others. I completely understand that you don’t want to slow your clan mates down or hold them up judging by how efficient and confident they are when they raid. But it’s that efficiency and confidence that allows them to help you through it. They do raids often, and they can do them with a stacked team any time. But you [i]are not[/i] a burden. As confusing or frustrating as you May find it, I have confidence they will bring you through it, 1 inexperienced player is not the end of a raid. And, once you complete it you will feel a great sense of accomplishment. And your clan mates will be very proud and happy for you. Trust me, I have never regretted teaching a new face through a raid. Good luck guardian!

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
                            • 由TiiDDii編輯: 9/20/2019 6:41:03 PM
                              No interests in the D2 raids. Loved most of the raids in D1! D2 raids are too mechanical and dull...one person dies everyone has to wipe. I remember killing the Templar my first time with only me and another guardian left alive. The rest of the fire team cheered us on and was SO satisfying getting that last shot, felt EPIC. Nothing in D2 has brought that feeling up to par

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                              • Don’t be afraid to give them a try! Checkpoints are a huge help if you think you won’t have the patience for it. Do a checkpoint or 2 a night over the course of a week. Call for a stop if you’re feeling frustrated. The learning curve for your first couple clears is very high but super rewarding and fun once you get the mechanics.

文章張貼語言:

• I totally understand how you feel, if I may...remember to always run any objective with your best but MOST COMFORTABLE loadouts. Your team will already be aware that it is your first run and should encourage your comfort. It may take a little longer and may seem like people have to carry your extra weight but.....that's why they are HELPING you. I say this to you as a solo (2 man Fireteam) player who suffers from bad social anxiety.

文章張貼語言:

4 回覆
                                • Raids are easy. Ur just bad. Don't think the world will change for u.

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                                  • I have autism, asperger's to be exact and yet I knock those raids out of the park,what it comes down to is just relax,dont stress,think only about that sweet loot and most of all,dont care about what others say,most of them are trash anyways

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
                                    • Intimidated No but I can see where you’re coming from. I had ADHD as a child. I grew out of it for the most part. Anyway back to the topic at hand. I have over 450 D1 Raid completions and a few hundred in D2. I practically quit raiding via LFG after SoS. It has become just as toxic as Trials was in D1. Ive seen FT leaders kick players for dying one time while they can’t do their own job. I’ve seen players kicked before opening final chests and so on. It’s a cesspool of overly confident bot shooters. The “must have 10 completions day 1” no lifers have absolutely ruined the experience. My suggestion.... Raid with your clan. Tell them your fears. They should have your back. Don’t worry If you mess up. Everyone does. Just try and analyze what you did wrong and learn from your mistakes. The mechanics become easy once you learn them. You can start off on add control for a few runs. Listen and pay attention to what’s going on around you then ask to play a bigger role. That’s how you learn slowly. Everyone has different speeds. Just be yourself and go at your own pace. If someone asks you to do a job and you’re not comfortable with it politely decline and explain you’re not ready yet. Whenever your anxiety starts to boil over just tell yourself it’s just a video game. Repeatedly if necessary. It isn’t life and death. No one is going to crucify you if you mess up. It’s just a game. Good Luck!

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
                                      • Last raid i completed was in D1 the siva one I completely forgot the name and too lazy to look it up i tried to do leviathan when it first came out but it my raid team gave up so i havent done a raid since.

文章張貼語言:

• Yup. And Bungie's asinine introduction of revive tokens and not having a regular and hard mode just made it that much harder to get into raiding. Just one more poor design idea they won't back down from.

文章張貼語言:

• 由Corrick II編輯: 9/20/2019 3:01:07 PM
                                        I can sympathize, it’s incredibly stressful if you’re hyper-aware of how other players (and you) will perceive your performance. A lot of players’ first impulse reading this will be to try to convince you to raid. First you have to ask yourself “do you really want to raid”? If not, if it seems too stressful and you’d rather skip it, [i]that’s totally ok.[/i] You don’t [i]have[/i] to raid. Even I’ll admit raiding lately isn’t as fun as it used to be. The mechanics are more unforgiving to mistakes which makes the experience more stressful and puts raid teams a little more on edge. That being said, if you [i]do[/i] want to raid, it’s not [i]that[/i] bad. While the mechanics are more coordination-focused, you can still find a role and have a lot of fun. Most importantly remember [i]it’s only a game[/i]. Screwing up in a game isn’t the end of the world. There are literally thousands of people out there trying to make a raid team. As long as you try your best and communicate, most of the people you’ll meet are forgiving and pretty chill. Honestly I can count on one hand the number of truly awful experiences I’ve had raiding, out of dozens of successful and enjoyable raid completions. If you actually [i]want[/i] to raid, don’t psych yourself up too much, just jump in and go with it. I think you’ll be surprised by how fun it can be. If not... totally fine too. Just enjoy the game the way you want.

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                                        • Agreed. I LOVED raiding in D1, did for a stint it was 'the' Thursday night thing to do, VoG and Crotaon all 3 chars, then Kings fall on Sat or Sun. In D2 I can count the number of D2 Raids on the number of thumbs on one hand.

文章張貼語言:

• I have aspurgers. Failure is part of the learning process. Don't worry about wasting others time, especially when they're offering to help you. If you get kicked then dust yourself off and find a new group. Keep trying and eventually everything will click and you'll be raking in the loot. Many raid encounters you're able be pulled through if you just help with add clear.

文章張貼語言:

你無權檢閱此內容
                                        ;
                                        preload icon
                                        preload icon
                                        preload icon