Regarding D1 Accomplishments and Honors/Rewards in D2 - Bungie This is What I Would Like to See!
I would feel honored for my accomplishments
I wouldn't like this system
I have a better idea - see my comment below!
We know that
"Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward." - The Road Ahead news article on bungie released March 3rd.
I think "possessions" is the important word here. Many took this to mean everything including armor, weapons, shaders, emblems, ships, etc. While it is possible they were only talking non-cosmetic items, lets assume they did in fact mean everything...
From the same article they said:
"We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments."
"We’re looking forward to sharing more details with you later this year for how we will honor your legacy in the future."
This is what I want to talk about. It makes sense that the honors/rewards in D2 will be cosmetic items.
At first I wanted all of my emblems and shaders to carry forward into D2 but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I only use 1-5% of them. The ones I do like to equip make it hard to decide which ones to use because there are many different emblems for the accomplishments I feel most proud of - mainly Flawless Trials runs and Heroic Challenge Raid completions.
A good solution in my mind would be to have 3 emblems and 3 shaders for Raids and 3 emblems and 3 shaders for Trials of Osiris as rewards in D2 for accomplishments in D1. For example this could work as follows:
[u][b]Raid Emblems and Shaders...[/b][/u]
1. Rare - One D2 Raid emblem and one D2 Raid shader unlocks if you have completed a D1 Heroic Raid at least once.
2. Legendary - One D2 Raid emblem and one D2 Raid shader unlocks if you have completed a D1 Heroic Raid challenge.
3. Exotic - One D2 Raid emblem and one D2 Raid shader unlocks if you have completed all 9 D1 Heroic Raid challenges from all the raids.
[u][b]Trials Emblems and Shaders...[/b][/u]
1. Rare - One D2 Trials emblem and one D2 Trials shader unlocks if you have ever won a game in D1 Trials of Osiris.
2. Legendary - One D2 Trials emblem and one D2 Trials shader unlocks if you have ever gone flawless in D1 Trials of Osiris.
3. Exotic - One D2 Trials emblem and one D2 Trials shader unlocks if you have gotten all 6 of the D1 Trials of Osiris flawless emblems (including Scarab Heart and Vigilant Disciple).
This way you wouldn't have too many cool emblems or shaders from D1 to make it hard to decide what to wear. Also, there would be a clear distinction of rarity so you would want to use the honors/rewards that were the hardest for you to unlock to show off your accomplishments. This would work best if the rarest emblems and shaders looked cooler than their less rare counterparts.
To clarify - I think these emblems and shaders shouldn't just be the same available in D1 but new designs to honor what we have accomplished in D1.
This format could be applied to every activity in the game to give every D1 player from all skill levels honors/rewards in D1.
Let's start a discussion. What do you guys think? Would a system of rewards like this satisfy your hunger for honoring D1 accomplishments in D2?
tl;dr - I think a system that awards us with D2 cosmetic items (at least emblems and shaders) for accomplishments in D1 that has a clear rarity hierarchy would be a very good solution to honoring our D1 accomplishments. Imagine a Rare emblem and shader for doing something easy, a Legendary emblem and shader for doing something hard, and an Exoitc emblem and shader for doing all of the extremely hard activities in a category (see examples above).
This could be applied to every type of activity in Destiny.
1. Rare rewards for reaching LL 300, Legendary rewards for reaching LL 380, and exotic rewards for reaching LL 400.
2. Rare rewards for finishing the Black Heart mission on Mars, Legendary rewards for completing a Heroic mission, Exotic rewards for completing all missions in the game on Heroic.
3. Rare rewards for reaching a grimoire score of 1000, Legendary rewards for reaching a grimoire score of 5000, and exotic rewards for reaching max grimoire score (5570 on Xbox and 5615 on Playstation).
4. Rare rewards for acquiring an exotic weapon, Legendary rewards for acquiring 90% of all the exotic weapons, Exotic rewards for acquiring all of the exotic weapons.
The possibilities here are endless...