JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Форумы

впервые опубликовано в: Buff the under used exotic weapons.
7/14/2019 10:37:22 AM
There is this little game breaking thing called power creep... and your buffs are so big its just destroyed what little balance the sandbox has... Bungie would need to make NPC's more bullet spongy or deal more DMG to balance things out which is a big undertaking and will result in the exotics being in the same place as they are now. Flat dmg increases for weapons is a bad idea look at how grenade launcher are right now due to flat increase they got they are DPS kings and will need a rebalance as nothing else comes close to them. Now I do agree that exotics just dont feel exotic but thats due to their perks being boring and generally a buff of some kind like all your suggestions they need to fun and interesting perks. If you want flat out DPS buffs which lets face it thats all your changes do then they need to be between 3-10% not massive increases like 20-50% you suggest.
English

Публикуется на языке:

Отмена Изменить Играйте достойно. Потратьте минутку на ознакомление с нашими правилами, прежде чем отправлять вашу запись. Создать боевую группу Опубликовать

• Изменено (TotalDramaGamer): 7/15/2019 6:38:41 AM
    [quote]There is this little game breaking thing called power creep... and your buffs are so big its just destroyed what little balance the sandbox has... Bungie would need to make NPC's more bullet spongy or deal more DMG to balance things out which is a big undertaking and will result in the exotics being in the same place as they are now.[/quote] I mean, this would have more merit if we already didn't have power creep to a near extreme... We already have weapons that are simply 'do more damage in a different way' than our other guns. The pinnacle Gambit Gun replaces Sweet Business every time, in nearly every situation. Hand cannons... lol, the power creep on hand cannons has always been drastic. Scouts have been usurped by bows since they released. -- With power creep in a game, it is sometimes necessary to bring up the weapons that have already been creeped up on. The danger is not buffing those weapons so much that those under used weapons suddenly swap to being over used, rather than in a healthy medium. [quote]Bungie would need to make NPC's more bullet spongy or deal more DMG to balance things out which is a big undertaking and will result in the exotics being in the same place as they are now.[/quote] I don't think buffing the LL by 20 points on all enemies in high end activites would be considered 'a big undertaking'. We are all at the mercy of LL, no matter how powerful a weapon is, all Bungie has to do is change LL by 10 points and suddenly everything takes way longer to die. [quote] If you want flat out DPS buffs which lets face it thats all your changes do then they need to be between 3-10% not massive increases like 20-50% you suggest.[/quote] If they were permanent buffs then yes, I'd agree. However, most of the damage buffs act like a rampage like perk, as in, you have to work for that damage buff and then you have to maintain it. These aren't straight up 'damage buffs'. They are conditional damage buffs that have to be properly followed to work, and won't work in every situation. For instance, Sweet Business's damage buff. 35% after 10 seconds and kills reload the magazine. However, this won't work great against bosses because, while you'll get the buff, you'll run out of ammo very quickly (without a tailored exotic armor to compensate). Whereas against adds this will work wonderfully, but again, you have to keep the trigger held. If you stop firing to save ammo, you lose the buff. [spoiler]I mean, of course the damage still helps out against bosses. However, my point is that the buff isn't something you can ride on forever, unlike a traditional, straight up damage buff.[/spoiler] So it's all conditional. (And, to be frank, plenty of guns already do just as much damage for way less involvement. AKA, Ace of Spades, Outbreak, Montique, and some good legendries with meta perks)

Публикуется на языке:

Отмена Изменить Играйте достойно. Потратьте минутку на ознакомление с нашими правилами, прежде чем отправлять вашу запись. Создать боевую группу Опубликовать

• Though I agree with you... his damage increase proposals are high... but most are on primary weapons, or at least heavies which are currently out of the dps equation. Not to mention most legendary primaries and specials have a way to receive a damage buff on their own already. However I don’t love the way the game is going, because in order to use a gun... or primary at least... it [i]must[/i] have to have a perk that is a flat increase of damage... For example.. nanites give outbreak a flat buff (I love it don’t change lol), but now they have to give juju damage stacks or else it would be useless. Every legendary primary used in pve has rampage, multi-kill clip lol.

Публикуется на языке:

• Even the changes he suggests that are just ammo based are DPS buffs as more ammo translates to higher DPS the whisper change is the only one that is not a DPS buff its just the old perk with a new name and function that end result is the same as the old perk.

Публикуется на языке:

• More ammo does not translate to higher dps.

Публикуется на языке:

• Изменено (Kelador): 7/14/2019 9:10:03 PM
    Yep I meant damage output more shots means higher total damage output if for example a weapon with 10 shots has an output of 100k 20 shots would double that so an ammo increase still causes power creep just like a flat dmg increase does.

Публикуется на языке:

У вас нет прав для просмотра этих материалов.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon