JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Форумы

5/22/2019 10:33:15 PM
How do you buff exotic armor to match Dire Ahamkara without breaking the game and reducing challenge even more? Starfire Protocol gives you 2 grenade charges and recharges grenades on kills? Vesper of Radius insta-kills everything around you? Geomag Stabilizers extend your chaos reach for as long as you're doing damage? I'm all for buffing some underused exotics, but at their current state, they'd have to make you damned-near invincible to compete.
English

Публикуется на языке:

Отмена Изменить Играйте достойно. Потратьте минутку на ознакомление с нашими правилами, прежде чем отправлять вашу запись. Создать боевую группу Опубликовать

• I don't want challenge, I want to slaughter thousands in minutes.

Публикуется на языке:

Отмена Изменить Играйте достойно. Потратьте минутку на ознакомление с нашими правилами, прежде чем отправлять вашу запись. Создать боевую группу Опубликовать

• [quote]How do you buff exotic armor to match Dire Ahamkara without breaking the game and reducing challenge even more? Starfire Protocol gives you 2 grenade charges and recharges grenades on kills? Vesper of Radius insta-kills everything around you? Geomag Stabilizers extend your chaos reach for as long as you're doing damage? I'm all for buffing some underused exotics, but at their current state, they'd have to make you damned-near invincible to compete.[/quote] By not making the buffs ridiculous? The current popular exotics aren't even game breaking, they just make challenges easier then Bungie intended. My whole point with this post is that a lot of exotics are lackluster, and they need some tuning to at least be competitive with the more popular gear. Furthermore, and I've repeated this many times in posts, if gear like Dire Ahamkara, which has been in the game forever, is breaking encounters that Bungie designed, then they need to design encounters with mechanics that can't be cheesed by their own gear (for example, not using hordes of enemies to increase difficulty).

Публикуется на языке:

• Being able to pop one super immediately after another seems pretty broken to me. And alternatively, you could say that these exotics were designed poorly and without enough foresight rather than Bungie designed all encounters poorly. Both can be true, but if they have to shift their level and boss designs to compensate for a handful of exotics, then I'd argue the exotics were designed poorly rather than the encounters

Публикуется на языке:

• [quote]Being able to pop one super immediately after another seems pretty broken to me. And alternatively, you could say that these exotics were designed poorly and without enough foresight rather than Bungie designed all encounters poorly. Both can be true, but if they have to shift their level and boss designs to compensate for a handful of exotics, then I'd argue the exotics were designed poorly rather than the encounters[/quote] Supers have been a part of the game since day 1. If having your super can break an end game encounter, whether or not you get it back right after you use it, then that means the encounters were not designed well for this game. I would even argue that some encounters, such as reckoning, seem to be designed with the mindset of always having your super available. It's strange to me that most of this gear has been this way since launch and Bungie is just now addressing it's power, it makes it seem like the new encounters they created were not created with the exotics in mind and they are now back peddling by simply nerfing the exotics.

Публикуется на языке:

• Изменено (Quetzocoetl): 5/23/2019 12:11:01 AM
    ....designing encounters under the assumption that players can't spam something that usually has a cooldown isn't bad design. That's like saying they should design around always having infinite ammo, infinite grenades or having an infinite Well of Radiance buff. And you just said it yourself, Reckoning is designed around the idea that you'll need to spam your super....which is exactly the sort of design philosophy I want them to avoid. It's arguable that Reckoning as a whole has been designed around these sorts of items, and that it would've been different if they didn't have to. If nerfing a couple of items so they're less necessary to complete endgame content leads to encounters that are equally as challenging with or without them, then I'm all for it. And yeah, a lot of earlier stuff wasn't designed with them in mind, and it shows in how potent they are, but starting with the Forges and now leading into Reckoning, it's clear that they've been trying to add challenge knowing that these items will be used. I wonder how many timers would've been nixxed if they didn't have to work around these things

Публикуется на языке:

• [quote]....designing encounters under the assumption that players can't spam something that usually has a cooldown isn't bad design. That's like saying they should design around always having infinite ammo, infinite grenades or having an infinite Well of Radiance buff. And you just said it yourself, Reckoning is designed around the idea that you'll need to spam your super....which is exactly the sort of design philosophy I want them to avoid. It's arguable that Reckoning as a whole has been designed around these sorts of items, and that it would've been different if they didn't have to. If nerfing a couple of items so they're less necessary to complete endgame content leads to encounters that are equally as challenging with or without them, then I'm all for it.[/quote] There's always going to be a piece of gear that outperforms another in an encounter. And I love build diversity as much as the next guy, so I totally get what you're saying regarding having gear be less necessary, but it's up to the game designers to create encounters that require different load outs, and to make those load outs more useful. If they really think something like Orpheus Rig is too powerful, maybe they should figure out why that's breaking their boss encounters and design encounters that exotics like that can't break, especially since their players are having so much fun with it. On top of that, and I should've said this earlier, the nerfs aren't necessarily even what concerns me the most. My concern is that this gear will become less useful, and we'll have nothing else that can replace it because of the aforementioned lackluster exotics, meaning players will still be stuck with what is now a lesser version of an old favorite (no matter the encounter), with nothing new to try out because the other exotics still don't measure up. Ya feel me?

Публикуется на языке:

• I feel ya. I'm by no means against buffing some (actually, a lot) of the exotics, especially to increase build diversity. I am, however, still of the opinion that if you have to change your game design to compensate for the power of a couple of items, then it's the items that need retuning, not the rest of the game. Building the game around the assumption players are using these exotics kills build diversity and alienates anyone without them; and buffing other items to match the most OP ones leads to power creep. In both cases, you have to reevaluate the design of the whole game to maintain any sort of challenge...when all you needed to do was nerf the items.

Публикуется на языке:

У вас нет прав для просмотра этих материалов.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon