JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Форумы

5/22/2019 11:55:32 AM
Most people I feel aren't really looking at the big picture here. It's not about making good exotics equal to bad exotics, v/s making bad exotics equal to good exotics. Destiny has an issue where using certian exotics are making end game content meant to be a challenge not a challenge. Often making encounters that are meant to go through multiple phases end before the first phase has even ended. Status quo means that our load out is set in stone, and LFG groups demand that only these loadouts will be allowed. In order to make the encounters challenging, Bungie has to make the encounters challenging with those loadouts in mind. Making other exotics considered bad even worse. Those without the gear will now be in a worse shape getting a lfg even harder. They could buff up other exotics to also be powerful, but this doesn't help make end game activities challenging. Bungie will only have to make the new activities that much more harder. Bullet sponge enemies, or convaluted mechanics that make DPS time very limited. What they are doing is bringing these few weapons, and armor down a peg to make them not be able to break the encounter. This is the easiest way sure, but also perhaps the right move. There is a downside of this of course. Players do love the power fantasy. You rank up, you gear up, and feel powerful, enemies that was once tough are a pushover. Enemies that were once almost invincable, or taken down, ect. This feeling needs to be kept, but at the same time, end game activities need to be able to be challenging, not just at first, but throughout the life span of that activity. Experience should make the activity easier, not the gear making the activity easier. This is why bring the few things down is likely the better option that bringing the other weapons, and armor up. Because if they then have to buff the encounter to match the gear buffs, you are left feeling no effect of the gear buffs anyway.
English

Публикуется на языке:

Отмена Изменить Играйте достойно. Потратьте минутку на ознакомление с нашими правилами, прежде чем отправлять вашу запись. Создать боевую группу Опубликовать

• Or they could, oh I don't know, [i]not[/i] design every boss encounter the exact same! This is Bungie's laziness and incompetence, nothing more.

Публикуется на языке:

Отмена Изменить Играйте достойно. Потратьте минутку на ознакомление с нашими правилами, прежде чем отправлять вашу запись. Создать боевую группу Опубликовать

• [quote]Destiny has an issue where using certian exotics are making end game content meant to be a challenge not a challenge. [/quote] Beacues they refuse to change their design philosophy so that these exotics aren't always the best answer. [b]Think about a Destiny raid boss encounter:[/b] 1. Every boss---but one---has as a OHK/stomp mechanic so its suicide to try to fight from short range. 2. Every boss has a mechanics phase...and then a DPS phase where you need to try to cram in as much damage as you can during that period when the Boss is vulnerable. So.... 3. Naturally people are going to choose the weapon that is most efficient at delivering a large amount of damage in a short period of time.....from a safe range. BUNGIE HAS SET UP THE GAME SO THAT THESE ARE THE EXOTIC HEAVY WEAPONS. EVERY other weapon in the game is underpowered in comparison to them. Then Bungie has the nerve to complain about the lack of build diversity . Especially when they are deliberately trying to FRUSTRATE our ability to level up more SITUATIONAL weapons. The only boss fight that didn't follow this same FORMULA was Aksis, Stage 2 in Wrath of the Machine. Since Aksis didn't have any stomp attack. Just that MINOR change from the formula gave people room to get really creative about builds. You saw all kinds of weapons being used for the DPS phase. [b]As for the super-regenerating exotics.....?[/b] That is also a design problem. SKULL OF DIRE AHAMKARA IS BASICALLY OBSIDIAN MIND/BAD JUJU. Not only was that build not game-breaking in D1....it wasn't even all that popular. Why? 1. We got our supers back MUCH faster in D1 than we did in D2. Since we were more POWERFUL in D1 than we are in D2....the exotic build was less of a contrast. 2. THE ENEMY DENSITY IN DESTINY 1 WAS LESS. So it was rare to have enough enemies standing in one place such that you could kill enough of them at once such that you'd get your super back immediately. Bungie has become OVERLY DEPENDANT on just throwing hordes of trash mobs at us as a means of creating difficulty. LIke the issue with boss fights....when you do that....people are going to figure out the optimum strategy. If you want people to use other gear...then you need to design DIFFERENT content. 3. Nova Bomb was a simple AoE attack. Where as Cataclysm produces seekers that aggressively chase down enemies to compensate for its slow speed. so the initial attack may only kill 3 or 4 NPCs....but then the seekers may chase down several more. Or if you fire it at boss, you'lle get a Gjallarhorn effect....where the cataclysm does damage, and then the seekers act like Wolfpack rounds and do another round of damage on the boss. So Nova Bomb is significantly more powerful than it was in D1. But the issue here isn't game tuning in general. If you believe that Bungie is doing this because its causing them generalized problems with content creation, you're being naive. This was about the Crown of Sorrows Raid. They play tested that raid, and it couldnt' stand up to these extotics. Especially with the way they are releasing it (to cover up for the problems in the progression and infusion) systems. So they are just going to confiscate as MANY sources of player power as they can, to prop up that raid and preserve its marketing value. Classic case of Bungie being unable or unwilling to deal with the root of a problem....and instead breaking a host of other things in an effort "work around " it.

Публикуется на языке:

• I can't believe I'm going to say this, I agree with you

Публикуется на языке:

• I can't argue with you, I agree with many of your points. The boss fights, the phases ect. I can definatly agree with the progression with the current system not allowing us to move different builds, and set ups to try out new and different approaches to an encounter. In destiny 1, I loved changing up my armor, and weapons multiple times, just to do differnt things. I really don't have that option in destiny 2 anymore. I would love to see these things changed. Some could change tommorrow, things like the ifusion system. Get rid of cores. Some of the things they would have to fix for the future. The boss fights ect. I would imagine that the changes are due to the next raid. I have no doubt about that. Also why I said what I did, about making it challenging with the changes they are making. It's simply too late to make the encounter different.

Публикуется на языке:

• Well said.

Публикуется на языке:

• This goes beyond just end game encounters though. So many exotics are lackluster, grinding for them isn't worth it, getting them feels disappointing, and I'd say probably 75% of them go unused on a regular basis. If nerfing the more powerful and common exotics is really what it takes to make the endgame more challenging, then I suppose we have to live with that (much as it sucks, and I would argue that endgame encounters should be designed with these exotics in mind from the start), but I still think they could do more with the bulk of the under-used exotics so that they are more fun to play with generally.

Публикуется на языке:

У вас нет прав для просмотра этих материалов.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon