JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Ajuda

Ajude-nos a ajudar você.
11/18/2019 5:31:06 AM

College dorm Internet causing me to potentially be banned?

Recently after playing some gambit matches I received this warning message stating that if I continue to have an unstable connection I could potentially be banned from participating in any events against other players. The issue is there is little I can do to improve the connection. Currently I am staying at my college dorms while pursuing my degree and as a result I have to use the internet provided to me by the college. The problem is that the internet is being used by a lot of people resulting in the connection to be unstable at certain times which is completely out of my control. I am also unable to connect to my router via a wired connection due to the very same reason. When I play destiny I lower all other internet usage by my own person as much as I possibly can and try to only play against other players during times that the internet is not acting unstable or isn't being used as much; such as late at night or times when I do not have classes while most do. Despite this many unforeseen events can occur as I am not under control with the state of the internet. I fear that despite doing everything in my power to maintain a stable connection I will be banned from participating in a large portion of the content destiny provides for a situation I have no control over. I have sunk Hundreds of hours into Destiny and over 200 hours into Shadowkeep alone. I truly love and enjoy this game and would hate to be restricted like this because of a living situation I cannot change. Any advice from people who might have experienced or are currently experiencing the same thing would be very much appreciated. As well as any way I could contact Bungie to sort of this situation. Thank you for your time
English
#Help

Postando no idioma:

Comporte-se. Revise o nosso código de conduta antes de enviar a sua postagem. Cancelar Editar Criar esquadrão Publicar

• There is an article buried within the Bungie Help article lists, that is specifically directed at those playing via college dorm internet. I would suggest digging that out, and seeing if there’s anything in it to help you. Otherwise, you may want to refrain from playing any Crucible or Gambit matches, while on that dorm internet. Save the PvP modes for when you’re home, and on a quality stable connection. No point getting your account restricted, if you cannot improve your internet.

Postando no idioma:

Comporte-se. Revise o nosso código de conduta antes de enviar a sua postagem. Cancelar Editar Criar esquadrão Publicar

2 Respostas
    • Network Optimization https://www.bungie.net/en/Support/Troubleshoot?oid=12915 If you can't fix your connection then stay out of PvP modes.

Postando no idioma:

• Honestly it is not recommended you play on College connections especially since most networks setup on College campuses specifically are designed to block or limit P2P access to prevent file sharing and the likes. More than likely what might be happening is after being connected for some time, their firewall is detecting the traffic and throttling you (i've setup a few connections just like this for companies). There is not much you can do about it unfortunately. You can optimize your connection as much as possible, get off WiFi but even that can be problematic. Dorm internet networks are NOT made to be used for moving as much traffic as Destiny 2 uses. Especially in PvP.

Postando no idioma:

• Editado por Kez: 11/18/2019 6:59:36 AM
      Clan member of Viggma's here just thought id weigh in on this. His connection problems are an abnormality which dont happen much and when they do tend to happen mid game, is the supposed solution to this that he leaves mid game putting his teammates on an uneven playing field also "affecting other players" I can attest from playing competitive with him that ive never saw him continue to play pvp in destiny while his connection was bad, would just finish the current game then stop playing. Now on to the idea of not playing pvp game modes at all, i honestly dont think thats a solution at all given how useful those weapons are. You are basically telling him and people in a similar situation (which i am willing to bet there are many) to be inadequate pve players and not have access to weapons like recluse, exit strategy, 21% delirium, breakneck and mountaintop given how useful and used these weapons are in pve do you not think restricting someone for something completely out of their control which happens so infrequently is justified?

Postando no idioma:

Você não tem autorização para ver esse conteúdo.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon