JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

3/28/2014 7:54:17 PM
It seems like VR won't die after all. :3 [url]http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/introducing-michael-abrash-oculus-chief-scientist/[/url]
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Oculus Rift isn't VR, because strapping a screen to your face isn't VR.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Okay, but it's the best thing we got. I mean, you can look around with that thing and it looks just like moving your head around in the real world. It's the start of VR. Soon we will have HOLODECKS, MUHAHAHA! >:D

Posting in language:

• It's more of an inconvenience and a fast way to neck strain and eye strain than anything.

Posting in language:

• Have you tried it yourself? All reviews I have read are positive.

Posting in language:

• I don't buy into gimmicks.

Posting in language:

• Then don't complain about it.

Posting in language:

• I'm sorry mum. I can complain about it as much as I please.

Posting in language:

• There's no real point in doing so if you're not going to get it, or dislike it.

Posting in language:

• So I can't say my opinion of it? K

Posting in language:

• That's not what I said. I said complaining about something you haven't used yourself is pretty pointless. You said it causes neck pain and eye strains. But you haven't used it yourself so how can you know that? Every review I read so far were only positive about it.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I said complaining about something you haven't used yourself is pretty pointless.[/quote]I wasn't even complaining. I was voicing my opinion. [quote]You said it causes neck pain and eye strains. But you haven't used it yourself so how can you know that? Every review I read so far were only positive about it.[/quote]I said it will, not does. Reading comprehension is the key here. Having that strapped to your face and constantly turning your head left to right and up and down will cause neck strain. And having screens that close to your eyes will only cause problems.

Posting in language:

• We'll see. I mean, in the real world you look around a lot aswell, and it won't cause pain to your neck unless you shake your head around like crazy. And you can tak breaks and let your eyes and everything rest ya know?

Posting in language:

• Edited by BannedLemön: 3/28/2014 11:20:44 PM
    In real life, do you always look around with a screen strapped to your face? No, unless you're mentally unstable. Why would I want to take a break from playing a game with the Oculus when I could just as easily play on a TV or monitor for longer periods without causing eye strain?

Posting in language:

• What? That's not what I meant at all.. In real life you move your head a lot aswell. If you don't then it's a miracle you are still alive because you need to look everywhere to stay safe. And whilst you look around you don't get neck pain or anything. Unless you move your head around like crazy, which you almost never do. And who says that gaming with the Oculus Rift makes play times shorter than playing on a screen/monitor? You don't know that. Please just stop. You're making no sense at all.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon