JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.
Edited by Verbatim: 2/14/2014 7:31:36 PM

How was homosexuality introduced to you?

And how did you react? I don't remember my age (around five or six, most likely), but when I was very young, I was flipping through channels on the television, and I came across some comedy, and I started watching it. One scene contained a marriage between two characters, but the bride removed her veil and it was revealed that she was actually a guy. I was like, "Oh. Huh. I guess men can marry each other, too. Never thought of that before". I then proceeded to ask my mother to verify whether they could or not, and she told me, "Yes". I then grew up to discover that, no, it's actually an [i]issue[/i] here in America. There's people out there who [i]really[/i] don't want gay couples to get married, for some weird reason, and in the vast majority of states, it [i]is[/i] indeed illegal. Hopefully we'll get some interesting anecdotes.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by Player3Th0mas: 2/15/2014 12:45:37 AM
    Well. My parents never really told me about is as it being something special. Once on a camping there were two guys on vacation, I was like 4 then. Me and my sister wanted to play a game with them, but they were afraid that my parents wouldn't allow it because they were gay, so they didn't dare to at first. They asked my parents if they had any problems with them being gay and playing with their children. I was standing next to them and I asked my parents if that was possible, two men having a relationship, and their answer was just "Of course! When two people love each other, they love each other. Why would there be any difference with two men or women?". For me, homosexuality has never been weird or bad. My parents taught me that it's a natural thing.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon