JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny 2 again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/19/2021 9:09:21 PM

Adept Armor or Gear Sets Could Be The Next Step After Transmog

Now with the introduction of transmog next season, we need new ways to care about getting armor outside of their basic stat rolls. I recommend the introduction of a system that implements either mods or stackable bonus perks that increase in effectiveness the more armor you equip. This will give a whole new element to endgame as trials armor in the flawless chest will no longer be a reason to not play while pve activities could see end game armor sets that give powerful benefits to assist in raid and gm content. Here are some suggestions I have about ways to approach: - A new mod slot on each piece of armor that costs 1 or 2 energy depending on the set. These mods will be obtained from endgame content like grandmasters, trials, raids and possibly iron banner. Once obtained the mod can apply a bonus perk that enhances gameplay somehow, while the more mods you equip the more bonuses you get. For example: the grandmaster set could decrease damage taken from champions on 1 stack and possibly give a damage buff or give a finisher bonus at 5 stacks. - Another way could be similar to the gambit prime set where there is no mod slot. This is the closest we’ve gotten to a gear set system and it was applied very nicely. Some changes would need to be made as the potency of some of these sets were too strong. This could be resolved by balancing the sets to their respective gamemode where you won’t get massive advantages compared to those who don’t have the sets. These are obviously spitballed ideas and are up for criticism but I feel like the debate of where we can take are armor next will be important when transmog comes out as most armor that we get won’t be used unless it has the rolls we want.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon