JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
1/7/2021 9:37:23 PM

Sunsetting and State of the Game.

Bungo has sunsetted weapons taking most of the grind for loot in this game. They've sunsetted The gear earned on the "Moon, Dreaming City, Old gambit, Old crucible, Old Vanguard, and 2/3 existing Dungeons." Taken away most quests or weapons that served some purpose and nothing broken. Edit:The latest one that still upsets me is ColdFront, but alot of people share the same pain so I won't get into that. This Wild Hunt season along with beyond light isn't enough to save Destiny 2 when it comes to 'PVE' as many players know Destiny 2 is a 'PVE' game. -Vanguard Nightfalls used to have a better reason to exist. Chance to award you a new exotic you haven't earned before. I'm sure at this point 70% of playerbase excluding New lights have almost every exotic including world drops up to date before Beyond Light. Every time a hard nightfall strike was completed. You'd have a crown of flames to prove you'd have it done for that week. Now you just don't. Pinnacles aren't enough to draw you in to do the strikes considering there's only 11 strikes that everyone has played through before on all locations up to date with this DLC and if you become pinnacle capped. Half of the strikes or more have been removed. Edit: correction 11 strikes after DLC release. 9 strikes before DLC -Raid The Eyes of Tomorrow Exotic is not a 5% drop rate. So many players get it on their first try and alot of people just won't get it. Even with the double challenge #4. It's either you get it on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd or you just don't get it at all. Raid armor feels stagnant. You don't feel rewarded when you do the Raid anymore. The difference between D1 and D2 was the impact that raid gear or exotics would give you. You had as many chances to earn gear back in D1 as much as you could. In D2 you have to wait each week for another 3 chances at Eyes of Tommorow Or earn pinnacles for regular armor in this Raid. You do the Raid a few times and this Raid will feel boring to you. -Dawning Event Game turns into Cooking Mama with Guns in trying to get the very best role on certain weapons that drops from the event. Community quest gave the bad rewards despite the whole community working towards it. Useful but is it worth it and the time? No. The ColdFront topic is not going to be mentioned. There's nothing to do in Main aspect of the game for you at that point, so you play crucible or gambit. -Crucible Extremely Unbalanced. Stasis as a whole. When back in Destiny 1. They gave us the 3rd subclasses for when Taken King came out. We learned and adapted to Tethers, Stormcallers, and Sunbreakers. However with Stasis. There's no adapting to it. How can you adapt to being frozen and eliminated? Tether back then would just shut down a super and that was it. Stasis can shut down a super and eliminate. How is that fair? You need Stasis against stasis which makes crucible less fun considering all the exotics that exist in the game built for other classes to change playstyle. Edit:Iron Banner Iron Banner doesn't bring anything new to the Table and Stasis doesn't make it interesting. The only new weapon worth grinding for are the 2 hand cannons. Crimil's Dagger and Steady Hand. Rarely the Scout Rifle. Iron banner made us all do a quest to get an emblem and not a pinnacle weapon that felt special. As for the Armor. Most of it is old recycled armor. Edit: Trials Bungie wants Trials to be at it's best before release, but everyone knows right now with Stasis. It's at it's worst. There's no point in going in Trials unless you have stasis or Fel-winter's Lie, and that's a shotgun you can't earn anymore despite it being an Iron Banner weapon huh? -Gambit Gambito is okay, but it can get bland at times the more you play it. The only purpose that Gambit has right now is bounties, Exotic Quest for a very unused hand cannon, and the Dredgen Title. Nothing has it going. I'm nowhere near a hardcore player. Nor am I 'A' Casual player. Hardcore player or casual or not. The game had it's content removal and there's just not enough to do even for a casual player. While we feel ignored as a community by Bungie. Is this the time where Bungie start Sunsetting the playerbase? I'm a Destiny 1 and 2 player that has seen the progress of this game franchise so far. We've come a long way as a community for this game. I hope we can continue to strive harder and survive since we indeed survived 2020 and Covid-19. We're still surviving.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Bungie, I can be a realist and understand that you want people to play the game and sunsetting keeps weapon choices changing but there is also so much that a player can take. Playing since D1. I Feel taking weapons away and bringing them back again just to regrind is aweful even if you do add new weapon perks to the mix. If its not a worth while perk then people wont bother trying to grind anymore and may just play casually until they get bored and stop all together. Here is my idea. Just make an infusion item part of the pass that allows you to increase a weapon/armor level cap to the current season like there was in D1. I think at least having the option to choose 1-2 favorite weapons/armor thats not an exotic will at least please some people. Or maybe make the item that is required to do it requires the weapon to be fully masterworked and you need to use 5 ascendant shards to increase the level cap to the current season? At least there is a motive to grind to keep those high stat armor peices that almost never drop.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]Bungo has sunsetted weapons taking most of the grind for loot in this game. They've sunsetted The gear earned on the "Moon, Dreaming City, Old gambit, Old crucible, Old Vanguard, and 2/3 existing Dungeons." Taken away most quests or weapons that served some purpose and nothing broken. Edit:The latest one that still upsets me is ColdFront, but alot of people share the same pain so I won't get into that. This Wild Hunt season along with beyond light isn't enough to save Destiny 2 when it comes to 'PVE' as many players know Destiny 2 is a 'PVE' game. -Vanguard Nightfalls used to have a better reason to exist. Chance to award you a new exotic you haven't earned before. I'm sure at this point 70% of playerbase excluding New lights have almost every exotic including world drops up to date before Beyond Light. Every time a hard nightfall strike was completed. You'd have a crown of flames to prove you'd have it done for that week. Now you just don't. Pinnacles aren't enough to draw you in to do the strikes considering there's only 11 strikes that everyone has played through before on all locations up to date with this DLC and if you become pinnacle capped. Half of the strikes or more have been removed. Edit: correction 11 strikes after DLC release. 9 strikes before DLC -Raid The Eyes of Tomorrow Exotic is not a 5% drop rate. So many players get it on their first try and alot of people just won't get it. Even with the double challenge #4. It's either you get it on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd or you just don't get it at all. Raid armor feels stagnant. You don't feel rewarded when you do the Raid anymore. The difference between D1 and D2 was the impact that raid gear or exotics would give you. You had as many chances to earn gear back in D1 as much as you could. In D2 you have to wait each week for another 3 chances at Eyes of Tommorow Or earn pinnacles for regular armor in this Raid. You do the Raid a few times and this Raid will feel boring to you. -Dawning Event Game turns into Cooking Mama with Guns in trying to get the very best role on certain weapons that drops from the event. Community quest gave the bad rewards despite the whole community working towards it. Useful but is it worth it and the time? No. The ColdFront topic is not going to be mentioned. There's nothing to do in Main aspect of the game for you at that point, so you play crucible or gambit. -Crucible Extremely Unbalanced. Stasis as a whole. When back in Destiny 1. They gave us the 3rd subclasses for when Taken King came out. We learned and adapted to Tethers, Stormcallers, and Sunbreakers. However with Stasis. There's no adapting to it. How can you adapt to being frozen and eliminated? Tether back then would just shut down a super and that was it. Stasis can shut down a super and eliminate. How is that fair? You need Stasis against stasis which makes crucible less fun considering all the exotics that exist in the game built for other classes to change playstyle. Edit:Iron Banner Iron Banner doesn't bring anything new to the Table and Stasis doesn't make it interesting. The only new weapon worth grinding for are the 2 hand cannons. Crimil's Dagger and Steady Hand. Rarely the Scout Rifle. Iron banner made us all do a quest to get an emblem and not a pinnacle weapon that felt special. As for the Armor. Most of it is old recycled armor. Edit: Trials Bungie wants Trials to be at it's best before release, but everyone knows right now with Stasis. It's at it's worst. There's no point in going in Trials unless you have stasis or Fel-winter's Lie, and that's a shotgun you can't earn anymore despite it being an Iron Banner weapon huh? -Gambit Gambito is okay, but it can get bland at times the more you play it. The only purpose that Gambit has right now is bounties, Exotic Quest for a very unused hand cannon, and the Dredgen Title. Nothing has it going. I'm nowhere near a hardcore player. Nor am I 'A' Casual player. Hardcore player or casual or not. The game had it's content removal and there's just not enough to do even for a casual player. While we feel ignored as a community by Bungie. Is this the time where Bungie start Sunsetting the playerbase? I'm a Destiny 1 and 2 player that has seen the progress of this game franchise so far. We've come a long way as a community for this game. I hope we can continue to strive harder and survive since we indeed survived 2020 and Covid-19. We're still surviving.[/quote] so i need gauntlets, got 3max helm,3chests,3boots,4marks, this is not random it's dicky set to not drop, way worse than any random drops. please at least make this shit random

Posting in language:

• [quote]Bungo has sunsetted weapons taking most of the grind for loot in this game. They've sunsetted The gear earned on the "Moon, Dreaming City, Old gambit, Old crucible, Old Vanguard, and 2/3 existing Dungeons." Taken away most quests or weapons that served some purpose and nothing broken. Edit:The latest one that still upsets me is ColdFront, but alot of people share the same pain so I won't get into that. This Wild Hunt season along with beyond light isn't enough to save Destiny 2 when it comes to 'PVE' as many players know Destiny 2 is a 'PVE' game. -Vanguard Nightfalls used to have a better reason to exist. Chance to award you a new exotic you haven't earned before. I'm sure at this point 70% of playerbase excluding New lights have almost every exotic including world drops up to date before Beyond Light. Every time a hard nightfall strike was completed. You'd have a crown of flames to prove you'd have it done for that week. Now you just don't. Pinnacles aren't enough to draw you in to do the strikes considering there's only 11 strikes that everyone has played through before on all locations up to date with this DLC and if you become pinnacle capped. Half of the strikes or more have been removed. Edit: correction 11 strikes after DLC release. 9 strikes before DLC -Raid The Eyes of Tomorrow Exotic is not a 5% drop rate. So many players get it on their first try and alot of people just won't get it. Even with the double challenge #4. It's either you get it on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd or you just don't get it at all. Raid armor feels stagnant. You don't feel rewarded when you do the Raid anymore. The difference between D1 and D2 was the impact that raid gear or exotics would give you. You had as many chances to earn gear back in D1 as much as you could. In D2 you have to wait each week for another 3 chances at Eyes of Tommorow Or earn pinnacles for regular armor in this Raid. You do the Raid a few times and this Raid will feel boring to you. -Dawning Event Game turns into Cooking Mama with Guns in trying to get the very best role on certain weapons that drops from the event. Community quest gave the bad rewards despite the whole community working towards it. Useful but is it worth it and the time? No. The ColdFront topic is not going to be mentioned. There's nothing to do in Main aspect of the game for you at that point, so you play crucible or gambit. -Crucible Extremely Unbalanced. Stasis as a whole. When back in Destiny 1. They gave us the 3rd subclasses for when Taken King came out. We learned and adapted to Tethers, Stormcallers, and Sunbreakers. However with Stasis. There's no adapting to it. How can you adapt to being frozen and eliminated? Tether back then would just shut down a super and that was it. Stasis can shut down a super and eliminate. How is that fair? You need Stasis against stasis which makes crucible less fun considering all the exotics that exist in the game built for other classes to change playstyle. Edit:Iron Banner Iron Banner doesn't bring anything new to the Table and Stasis doesn't make it interesting. The only new weapon worth grinding for are the 2 hand cannons. Crimil's Dagger and Steady Hand. Rarely the Scout Rifle. Iron banner made us all do a quest to get an emblem and not a pinnacle weapon that felt special. As for the Armor. Most of it is old recycled armor. Edit: Trials Bungie wants Trials to be at it's best before release, but everyone knows right now with Stasis. It's at it's worst. There's no point in going in Trials unless you have stasis or Fel-winter's Lie, and that's a shotgun you can't earn anymore despite it being an Iron Banner weapon huh? -Gambit Gambito is okay, but it can get bland at times the more you play it. The only purpose that Gambit has right now is bounties, Exotic Quest for a very unused hand cannon, and the Dredgen Title. Nothing has it going. I'm nowhere near a hardcore player. Nor am I 'A' Casual player. Hardcore player or casual or not. The game had it's content removal and there's just not enough to do even for a casual player. While we feel ignored as a community by Bungie. Is this the time where Bungie start Sunsetting the playerbase? I'm a Destiny 1 and 2 player that has seen the progress of this game franchise so far. We've come a long way as a community for this game. I hope we can continue to strive harder and survive since we indeed survived 2020 and Covid-19. We're still surviving.[/quote] its in a lousy fake leveling state, I've been doing pinnacles for weeks now only needing 1 piece 1 point higher on each character. over and over and over it will not give me the simple pieces to be leveled and start getting my guns up, is ridiculous and carrotsruins my gaming experience, so i beat last of us 2 and rise of tomb raider and still can't get these stupid 3 pieces of gear. I'll continue to enjoy other games to you guys get rid of this completely bull S.hit hsrd cap. hard caps should at least drop what we need not 25 items we don't

Posting in language:

• That crown of flames was more than just a visual effect, it gave you double xp for the entire week.

Posting in language:

• Sunsetting has killed my desire to play this game. I have guns that I masterworked and loved to play that got sunset. All that effort and enjoyment gone. I have other guns that I like that are about to be sunset. Im like why bother putting effort into mw them. Then it hit me. This is what it will be like from now on. This killed me. I no longer want to go for the next cool gun or godroll. Why bother. Bungie is just gonna take it away from me. The guns they introduced this expansion and season are frankly lackluster. None of them compare to what we lost. I mean the whole thing, whether we admit it or not, is to find that one gun we love and mw it and get our kill tallies. MW is just not worth it anymore. This saddens me greatly. I have been playing since Destiny 1. Hell I got my ps4 because of it. Of all the ups and downs this one is the one that hurts the most. This was a horrible decision on Bungies part. If not reversed I can only see this hitting veteran players the hardest as they also come to this realization. It made me happy to see Bungie split from Activision. I think the game has been better since then. Until now. Sincerely A Severely Saddened Guardian

Posting in language:

• [quote]Bungo has sunsetted weapons taking most of the grind for loot in this game. They've sunsetted The gear earned on the "Moon, Dreaming City, Old gambit, Old crucible, Old Vanguard, and 2/3 existing Dungeons." Taken away most quests or weapons that served some purpose and nothing broken. Edit:The latest one that still upsets me is ColdFront, but alot of people share the same pain so I won't get into that. This Wild Hunt season along with beyond light isn't enough to save Destiny 2 when it comes to 'PVE' as many players know Destiny 2 is a 'PVE' game. -Vanguard Nightfalls used to have a better reason to exist. Chance to award you a new exotic you haven't earned before. I'm sure at this point 70% of playerbase excluding New lights have almost every exotic including world drops up to date before Beyond Light. Every time a hard nightfall strike was completed. You'd have a crown of flames to prove you'd have it done for that week. Now you just don't. Pinnacles aren't enough to draw you in to do the strikes considering there's only 11 strikes that everyone has played through before on all locations up to date with this DLC and if you become pinnacle capped. Half of the strikes or more have been removed. Edit: correction 11 strikes after DLC release. 9 strikes before DLC -Raid The Eyes of Tomorrow Exotic is not a 5% drop rate. So many players get it on their first try and alot of people just won't get it. Even with the double challenge #4. It's either you get it on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd or you just don't get it at all. Raid armor feels stagnant. You don't feel rewarded when you do the Raid anymore. The difference between D1 and D2 was the impact that raid gear or exotics would give you. You had as many chances to earn gear back in D1 as much as you could. In D2 you have to wait each week for another 3 chances at Eyes of Tommorow Or earn pinnacles for regular armor in this Raid. You do the Raid a few times and this Raid will feel boring to you. -Dawning Event Game turns into Cooking Mama with Guns in trying to get the very best role on certain weapons that drops from the event. Community quest gave the bad rewards despite the whole community working towards it. Useful but is it worth it and the time? No. The ColdFront topic is not going to be mentioned. There's nothing to do in Main aspect of the game for you at that point, so you play crucible or gambit. -Crucible Extremely Unbalanced. Stasis as a whole. When back in Destiny 1. They gave us the 3rd subclasses for when Taken King came out. We learned and adapted to Tethers, Stormcallers, and Sunbreakers. However with Stasis. There's no adapting to it. How can you adapt to being frozen and eliminated? Tether back then would just shut down a super and that was it. Stasis can shut down a super and eliminate. How is that fair? You need Stasis against stasis which makes crucible less fun considering all the exotics that exist in the game built for other classes to change playstyle. Edit:Iron Banner Iron Banner doesn't bring anything new to the Table and Stasis doesn't make it interesting. The only new weapon worth grinding for are the 2 hand cannons. Crimil's Dagger and Steady Hand. Rarely the Scout Rifle. Iron banner made us all do a quest to get an emblem and not a pinnacle weapon that felt special. As for the Armor. Most of it is old recycled armor. Edit: Trials Bungie wants Trials to be at it's best before release, but everyone knows right now with Stasis. It's at it's worst. There's no point in going in Trials unless you have stasis or Fel-winter's Lie, and that's a shotgun you can't earn anymore despite it being an Iron Banner weapon huh? -Gambit Gambito is okay, but it can get bland at times the more you play it. The only purpose that Gambit has right now is bounties, Exotic Quest for a very unused hand cannon, and the Dredgen Title. Nothing has it going. I'm nowhere near a hardcore player. Nor am I 'A' Casual player. Hardcore player or casual or not. The game had it's content removal and there's just not enough to do even for a casual player. While we feel ignored as a community by Bungie. Is this the time where Bungie start Sunsetting the playerbase? I'm a Destiny 1 and 2 player that has seen the progress of this game franchise so far. We've come a long way as a community for this game. I ferraris hope we can continue to strive harder and survive since we indeed survived 2020 and Covid-19. We're still surviving.[/quote] state of the game? lol after 5 years even crucible is worse, i just got clobbered by a team in iron banner and it broke up the teams, it took the best from my team and out then with the top3 from the team that just beat us making it even worse

Posting in language:

• Can I get a tldr

Posting in language:

10 Replies
    • Really sucks

Posting in language:

• SUNSETTING IS KILLING THE GAME!!! I LOVED THIS GAME UNTIL SUNSETTING!!!

Posting in language:

• Try going outside.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
      • You certainly have a lot of time

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by BRAZACK: 1/8/2021 3:02:25 PM
          Its luke smith man, he's the twit that keeps coming up with these brainfarts for ideas. Ok so they sunsetted mountain top, recluse , luna and NF because they were too good. Let that be the end of sunsetting. Only sunset stuff people dont use. There alot of random legendaries that never get used. The second thing that would help with gear overflow would be to make every piece of armor earned in the game an ornament. Armors from every season turns into ornaments at the end of the season. Ornaments that we can pull out of the vault like shaders. That way we dont feel like our hard earner armors with the stats we want was a waste of time. We just keep infusing one god damn armor set through every season if we see fit. There will still be others that choose to grind for new armor pieces. Let us play the game the way we want to!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • [quote]Is this the time where Bungie start Sunsetting the playerbase? [/quote] ☝Yep, maybe that's part of their "Vision." Because it seems to be working. Gamers are starting to leave. Bungo Logic!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • Just gimme my rocket so I can not play for a year

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • True Bump

Posting in language:

• While I agree with most you said... There was no adapting to sunbreakers... You just ran. A Nerf was needed. Roaming supers are trouble... I've never liked storm breaker twinkle toes palpatine. Running around the map sparking peeps. And tether, that crap never worked right from the drop.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon