JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Would you forgive Variks or Uldren?
10/22/2020 5:57:00 PM
First off, there's nothing to forgive with Uldren. I put a bullet in him in the end of Forsaken and killed him for Cayde, so that's done and done. Whoever he is now is [i]not[/i] Uldren, there is nothing to forgive. Variks caused the riots, yesss, but he didn't kill Cayde. Let's be honest, I liked Cayde, but his rashness got him [i]into[/i] that spot, not Variks and Variks didn't invite the Scorn in or give them the "magic Ghost killing ammo" either.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• there is lore stating that variks is responsible for the fanatics powers

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• That was Uldren actually. https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/fanatic-part-ii

Posting in language:

• Thank you for that the correction i needed that

Posting in language:

• [quote]there is lore stating that variks is responsible for the fanatics powers[/quote] As I said, did he give them "the magic Ghost killing bullet"? No. And is like to read that lore btw.

Posting in language:

• You dont need magic ghost killing bullets to destroy a ghost. The Iron Lords would shotgun the ghosts of warlords to put them down.

Posting in language:

• [quote]You dont need magic ghost killing bullets to destroy a ghost. The Iron Lords would shotgun the ghosts of warlords to put them down.[/quote] Talk to Bungie then, because they made it [i]very[/i] clear in Forsaken you need special ammunition to kill Ghosts. There was an entire thing about that too.

Posting in language:

• Actually, fun fact: It’s just [i]easier[/i] to kill a Ghost with devourer rounds. Simply stabbing one or crushing one in an oversized hand is enough to kill them. There aren’t any solid answers on the [i]exact[/i] amount of force needed to kill the spark of light inside its shell, but Ghosts are actually really fragile. Cabal killed Ghosts by simply crushing them in their fists, yet a lightning strike from a Titan only knocked one out. Like I said, the details are a bit hazy here and there, but the point is that there [i]are[/i] ways to kill a Ghost without Devourer Rounds, it’s just that they are the most effective and easiest way to do it.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Actually, fun fact: It’s just [i]easier[/i] to kill a Ghost with devourer rounds. Simply stabbing one or crushing one in an oversized hand is enough to kill them. There aren’t any solid answers on the [i]exact[/i] amount of force needed to kill the spark of light inside its shell, but Ghosts are actually really fragile. Cabal killed Ghosts by simply crushing them in their fists, yet a lightning strike from a Titan only knocked one out. Like I said, the details are a bit hazy here and there, but the point is that there [i]are[/i] ways to kill a Ghost without Devourer Rounds, it’s just that they are the most effective and easiest way to do it.[/quote] :sigh: You seem to be trying to convince me about how Ghosts can be killed here and overlooking my [i]repeated[/i] sarcasm about Bungie's new "Ghost killing bullets". I never argued Ghosts were hard to kill. I know about how Ghosts can be killed from back in D1. That [b]idiocy[/b] about devourer bullets just needs to go though as it makes no sense.

Posting in language:

• I’ve never seen you talking ‘bout Ghosts before, so I wasn’t able to pick up on your sarcasm. Sorry buddy, my bad.

Posting in language:

• No prob. If I overreacted too, sorry.

Posting in language:

• No problem, buddy.

Posting in language:

• Ummm, it's not about whether or not he killed Cayde. He didn't. That was him being absolutely stupid for the sake of the plot. Variks still had a hand in the riot, though. That is a massive crime and logical writing says that he's gonna have to answer for it. And yet I find myself wanting to laugh profusely at the scenario where all the characters just collectively forgive him on the spot in a single voice line! That'd be hilarious!

Posting in language:

• Honestly if the rifleman died before any of this happened cayde would have been still alive but then again the fanatic could have brought him back.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon