JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by WildSyde: 10/22/2019 3:24:34 PM

Stop putting all this time into creating eververse cosmetics and fix the damn game

D2 has been unstable as all hell since day 1 of release. There have been massive problems with people having the game crash, constantly being DCed from the servers, etc. These problems have persisted for 2 years now with seemingly no attempt from the devs to address or fix them. It gets rather old after the 5th time you've been put on cooldown for Gambit this week because your horrible P2P pvp combined with the still unaddressed instability drop you from about 1 out of every 3 matches. Learn from Ubisoft, instead of putting out more content that will inevitably cause even more problems, take a season to do your own version of R6: Siege's Operation Health and just spend time fixing the issues with the game instead of just piling more and more problems on top of existing problems. EDIT: To address all the fanboys saying “it’s not D2, it’s your crap internet”, no, no it’s not. If it was a problem with my internet, these problems would occur on other games... except they don’t. This is a problem EXCLUSIVE to D2 which means it’s not my internet, it’s the trash netcode and instability of the game. Same thing with the frequent CTDs, it’s a problem exclusive to D2. Massive amounts of other players have reported these issues so it’s hard to believe that all these people have bad internet.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by ShadowWing48: 10/22/2019 10:12:28 PM
    Because of the copy and paste response that just avoids the topic and continues to blame the players for their connection and networking issues Im making this response. Yea some stuff is player side but its pretty easy to tell whats player side and whats not. For example not all that long ago, like 2 months ago I decided to run a quick test of my internet when playing other games in comparison to D2. Here's some basic results: Rainbow Six Siege: 9ms spikes between 20 and 40 but stable. Halo 3: 17ms spikes between 28 and 51 but stable. Halo 4: 13ms spikes between 19 and 34 but stable. Halo 5: 9ms spikes between 11 and 47 but stable CoD Modern Warfare (2019): 11ms (in beta too) with spikes across the board but its a beta, it happens CoD MW2: 14ms spikes between 26 and 62, slightly unstable. CoD MW3: 12ms spikes between 21 and 34, but stable StarCraft 2: 16ms spikes between 35 and 52 but stable Destiny 2: 39ms spikes between 63 and 84 and unstable This is unacceptable. Halo 3 is a decade old and yet its far more stable. Hell even MW2 is more stable and thats saying something. BO1, BO2, and MW2 are the three most unstable CoDs out there. I continued my test and found that on a dedicated server in Seattle (Im in Los Angeles for reference) my average ping with the amount of data in D2 going at once (forgot how much it was) would be around 15-21 and it would be relatively stable. And this was all with a slightly better than average wifi with someone else on it at the same time. We're not idiots Bungie. Edit Just did a full speed and stress test (not gaming) but still I know its not my wifi. I have Netflix and YouTube running on ALL devices in our house at once on the wifi and everything came back good. 20ms with spikes between 52 and 61 and stable. Download is 40.21mb/s and upload is 41.83mb/s with that much stress occurring on an above average router and plan. I still have 28.73mb/s to spare at that. There's 0 excuse for this nonsense Bungie.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

23 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon