JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/22/2019 11:21:04 AM

Eververse Cosmetic prices are ridiculous! Give me a reason to give you money!

Let's talk about price for a moment. I hate to help a company sell microtransactions better, but hear me out: If your prices are high enough that it's not even reasonable to consider them -at all- then I will never buy a cosmetic. $7 for a skin for a single armor or weapon? That is a whole, high quality indie game! $21 for a pack of 3 finishers? That's half an expansion pack or a AAA game from a year or two ago on sale! Once you've cracked my wallet open I'm likely to spend more, but if your prices are so ridiculous that I'm not going to consider it then you don't get a dime. Wouldn't 300 people out of 1,000 players buying a few items at $3 a piece be better than 50 whales out of 1,000 players buying everything? Especially when the whales buy everything either way? I just can't believe anyone looks at an animation or skin and says, "Yeah, people will be happy to pay $7-$8 for just that!". There's some cool stuff here, but as someone who works for a living I can't justify using the store for anything but bright dust. Not when I could cook a meal for the cost of a single cosmetic. On a more positive note, season pass is pretty good, feels like a decently rewarding content track for the money, even if the mossy season armor is of...questionable aesthetic taste.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • For me the game was free to download and its free to play. If they compensate being able to do that by selling stuff in game then that's great (: Same with Halo 5. They were able to add and add and add to that game without having to charge a single player for any of it by making money from in game cosmetics from loot boxes. I have absolutly no problem with any dev doing that as long as it doesnt turn into pay to win....because of course that sucks.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

15 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon