JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/21/2019 1:31:40 PM

Randy's Multikills and Medals issues?

Hey Forum People, I've been grinding my hands off on this weeks IB and made it my goal to try and get Randy's within the next week. I [b]REALLY [/b] want to get that Undying Title. I noticed after putting close to 20 hours in the past couple days that I have hit a wall with progression on the bottom requirement "get medals and multikills". I'm not sure if perhaps IB medals, [i]which I think are different than regular pvp[/i], don't count. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I think if the progression description were a little bit more descriptive I would have a better idea of what's going on. I'm honestly a bit suprised they only had one quest step for this gun considering how much work each step takes.([i]at least for a scrub like me[/i]) Thanks for your time guys! Potato

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• So I finished the quest for randy last night. I swear it's bugged. Kills were easy. They just came with time, Consistent progress. Glory again the same. Even with losses you still get progress. You don't need to hit rank 2100, just need a total of 2100 gained. Easy enough eventually. Kills with medals. Oh boy. After 3 full days in iron banner with a decent enough win record and kd, I only had 15%. I looked up a bunch of stuff and saw that everyone everywhere had a theory to want works and what doesn't. I did some testing and learned a few things, but others were inconsistent. First, IB medals don't count for anything towards progress. I see what everyone writes, they are wrong. I would get gold medals, check progress, no move. Second, cold fusion, sub machinist, close encounters all give progress. But at different rates sometimes. Cold fusion by itself will sometimes give 1%. Or 0%. Or 3%. It's very frustrating. When I was testing I didn't check between matches. I checked after each medal. Like match starts, I get 2 kills with recluse, check the progress. Gained 1%. Then I die and go again and get 2 more. Gained 0. Then I get 2 fusion kills. Gained 3%. Then 2 more on another life. Gained 0. And so on.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Jason Lu: 10/21/2019 2:48:28 PM
    Just a small PSA, but you don't [i]have to[/i] get the Randy's Throwing Knife, and the Undying Title this season. The only triumphs you absolutely need to get before the end of this season are the Vex Offensive triumphs, as indicated by the red text. So you can just take your time with getting the weapons.

Posting in language:

• I played a butt ton of iron banner this week and got my medals and kills done. I also was at about 1100 glory after running about 12 matches across my 3 characters last week for the core milestone, so I did it again the other day, this time I brought some clanmates with me. We went 11 for 17 and I went up to 3600 glory, one of our guys started at 0 glory and we got him to 2100 for his randys since he had his scout kills done. I need to grind out my scout kills this week.

Posting in language:

• Iron Banner medals do count. I was at 27% before Iron Banner. That's all i've been playing all week and I am now at 83%. I wonder if there is a bug or something, as I have seen a few posts saying that the medals progress is at a standstill for some people and isn't progressing while they are playing Iron Banner.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • I'm pretty sure the medals from IB do count (stupid app doesn't let me see the progress w/o being in-game though) but they just don't give additional progress.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon