Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/20/2019 3:13:24 PM

BRING BACK TRIALS OF OSIRIS OR THE NINE

Bring It Back Next Season

Leave It

I Dont Care TBH

destiny is getting boring now so bring it back chief

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• As long as there is no exotic or pinnacle/ritual weapon or anything other than cosmetic and emblems. I don't care. People paying to receive pinnacle weapons are garbage, it better not come back like D2 year 2 Comp.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • The sooner you stop thinking about it, the faster it will come. Stop rushing it.

Posting in language:

• Why are people even talking trials of the nine since they already said it will never see the light of day again period. But trials of osiris will definitely be coming back since they wont give an answer on it and they are vague on the subject plus elimination is already being tested by us in the crucible

Posting in language:

• they are, pretty much already confirmed. My fingers are crossed for next season, but we may have to wait until spring idk

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Yea I really hope they do ToO was the shit back in d1.

Posting in language:

• Everything that was once good in this franchise is gone

Posting in language:

• Why would anyone not want trials back. I mean, i get the people who would just not play because they don't like pvp. It's not like trials weapons were any meta. The best ones had better versions/replacements. Also, the way the catered for the casuals, made so that pretty much everybody could get all the weapons and armor (maybe not the flawless armor, but if you're not a good pvp player, why even care about that?) They are not going to be bringing OP pinacle weapons again, as noted by the updated framework they are using for pinacles. It's just a fun weekend high level pvp activity, with some ok to good rewards, but mostly show off things like the ghost and the flawless armor. People need to chill out and let others have their fun.

Posting in language:

• no, it was garbage to being with. and TOTN just made it even worse

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • It's already been hinted dude chill.

Posting in language:

• [the return of elimination gives promise to this possibility in the near future.]

Posting in language:

• I would rather see SRL come back than I would trials. Trials was terrible when it came to paid carries, and network manipulation and I personally don't want to see either of those make a return.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
          • They pretty much did. It’s survival and I hate it.

Posting in language:

• My two cents, and rant away if you must, but if they can bring it back and it doesn’t affect overall gameplay balance, then bring it back, sure. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s possible, and you are going to either take the fun out of PVE weapons on one hand. or end up with a horrible meta in PVP on the other. Gameplay balance is hard with the randomness of weapons mixed between PVE and PVP, so I say, if you guys truly want to compete on even ground with everyone else, bring back trials with a specific sandbox of weapons, just for trials only, like 99% of all other competitive games, and compete away.

Posting in language:

• [quote]destiny is getting boring now so bring it back chief[/quote] What do,you mean getting boring, how about is

Posting in language:

• It is coming back. What do you think the 3v3 elimination is? That's the testing ground for tweaking trials.

Posting in language:

• Think about it like this. Once an item or token you get from a past activity ends and will not come back,in the item description it says "This item may be safely discarded." The only tokens from past events that I still have and don't say that message are the Trials of the Nine tokens. I still have 7 of them and they dont say anything regarding being discarded, which I can safely say they still have a purpose.

Posting in language:

• IMO it is 100% certain that Trials or a version of Trials will return but maybe not next season, I think the new Elimination mode is a sign of its return though.. Also when Luke S was asked Trials he gave a long answer about focusing a lot more effort on the Crucible and talked about working on Elimination and he didn’t say that Trials would NOT be returning just that it isn’t in schedule. I believe that they have a massive workload and that’s why Luke wasn’t saying anything definite because it might be impossible for next season but I bet my ears that they intend for Trials to return and I will bet my nuts that will be within 3 seasons.

Posting in language:

• Edited by EmeKitty: 10/21/2019 11:27:56 AM
            It should come back with some sort of set rules applied. Why not have a ban system in play where prior to the match everyone votes to ban a piece of exotic or even a whole archetype of weapons for the duration of the match. A lot of games use this sort of thing for ranked plays and depending on the team composition it might add a fun factor to it besides reducing the meta. Dunno but trials also should only be elimination like it was in D1, anything else is less about skill and more about cheese strats.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              Frèák
              Frèák

Suppressors...The True Weapon of Sorrow - old

LoL just play IB... it’s just like TOTN was. Everyone is sitting in the back of the map with scouts. You’re welcome!

Posting in language:

• Conceptually trials is cool but unfortunately with 1 second kill metes it ruins the whole skill aspect of the game If Bungie decided to oh I don't know... Implement a mandatory loadout each weekend maybe we could illuminate stuff like shotgun rushing, heavy rampages etc.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
              • Sure, but don't make the end reward something totally op that makes the grind to get it insufferable. We don't need to be in another "paid recoveries" situation.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Agreed. Trials of Osiris should comeback. Old Trials loot like the messenger should make a return along with new loot.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Trials of Osiris. All day everyday

Posting in language:

• Edited by policzanin539: 10/21/2019 8:55:08 PM
                    Do it so sweats can leave regular PVP for us, regular PVE folks to do what we need to in PVP. Have fun PVP enthusiasts. You deserve it!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Do it so sweats can leave regular PVP for us, regular PVE folks to do what we need to in PVP. Have gun PVP enthusiasts. You deserve it!

Posting in language:

• Edited by bronze189: 10/21/2019 8:46:41 PM
                      I really would like them to come back. In fact if they come back to the game ill start playing the game again. But to be completely honest, after watching their interview with datto and luke smith basically saying that they are still looking at the foundations of trials to find out what needs changing. I don’t think they are gonna come back... like at all.... unless it’s specifically part of a seasonal thing.... in which case we already know what happens to seasonal activities now.... they are disabled after their relevant season is over.... meaning if they do come back as a seasonal thing.... which they have not even announced yet... and this interview was like a couple of months ago.... i doubt if it did come back it would stay long. FYI i feel that bungie are being extremely lazy with this or they basically have a small team working on updates for this game to keep it relevant kinda like Dice with battlefront 2. Like they sometimes come out with pretty big stuff every year or so... but as of right now everything we see for the future of destiny 2 is so small and the updates scheduled are so far apart... like for gods sake it took them 3 years to fix a animation bug with hand cannons... just sad.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon