JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: I’m something of a Raider myself
8/20/2019 2:47:23 AM
[u]RAID. WEAPON. QUESTS.[/u] We need [u]raid weapon quests[/u]. Not RNG. A quest. I want to complete my run, pickup my quest, go do some other stupid shit, and get my gun. I do not want to wait for the RNG elf to spin his magic wheel and decide if I get to be a part of the 1%. I don’t want to see any more people on the forums saying they’re X runs deep into Y raid and asking “is this gun worth the loss of my sanity?”, [i]We want the gun.[/i] Give a catalyst behind RNG or a flawless clear, but not the gun itself. If it needs to be made hard to compensate for the increased amount of people who will get it, make it hard. Pull an Outbreak Prime, idgaf just give me a goddamn quest. I don’t think I can stress enough that people want something to chase, not to rummage around in the dark hoping they stumble across what they’re looking for. The quest provides an endpoint, you don’t get that with the current raid weapons besides Acrius. [u]Raid. Weapon. Quests.[/u] [spoiler][i]Raid weapon quests[/i].[/spoiler]
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• A quest that requires X amount of a specific raid clear. Like 10. Bam. Problem fkkin solved.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I like the idea that it's a quest, but 10 raid clears sounds monotonous for the average player. Doing stuff inside the raid would probably be a better fit, and having the quests be cumulative instead of step-based would establish a greater sense of progress imo. Ex: 3 Ogres defeated at Kalli as a team, 6 stuns in one run using Taken Essence at Shuro Chi, less than 3 deaths to Umbral Ennervation at Morgeth, 10 Might of Riven kills as a team at Vault, 20 Taken weakpoints destroyed on Riven as a team, and only 1 death outside of Riven's Heart at Queenswalk. It forces people to play the raid again, but instead it encourages teamplay in certain aspects of the raid without forcing players to repeat it beyond what they'd prefer. It'd be fantastic if they could just superimpose this concept onto the encounters of Garden of Salvation with the new trace rifle raid exotic, but obviously it's a little late for that.

Posting in language:

• Nah man, 10 clears are easy and would be like a "magic number" to ensure there is always someone looking to do that raid. Which is important for newer and returning players, rather than a short quest that can be completed in 2 clears which would create periods of lulls causing people to have to wait days to find a group like Spire.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon