JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by LANCERZzZz: 8/16/2019 3:54:37 PM

Bungie, I need help understanding something

How is it that out of everything that has changed about this game since day 1, from the PvE to the PvP to the weapons to the menus to mods, etc etc, how is it that the one thing that has not changed since day one is the [u][i] [b]god awful matchmaking[/b][/i][/u]? Why is it that I am constantly getting matched against 4 stacks as a solo-queuer? Why am I constantly joining into games where I'm starting off with one or more players missing on my team? And most of all, [u]WHY do you people at bungie think that your PvP is stable enough to be such a heavy requirement for so much gear?[/u] I took a break from this game for months because of how infuriating the PVP is. Came back and had some fun catching up on season of drifter and opulence, but then the minute I start up crucible to go for thorn or recluse or one of these other guns, i'm instantly reminded of why I stopped playing and extremely tempted to uninstall all over again.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by AbsolutZeroGI: 8/19/2019 11:59:31 PM
    Because if those psychopath 4 stacks don't get their daily feeding of solo queues and plebs, they come in here and complain that crucible is too hard. It's easier to throw us under the bus because apparently their money is better than ours.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]Why is it that I am constantly getting matched against 4 stacks as a solo-queuer? Why am I constantly joining into games where I'm starting off with one or more players missing on my team? And most of all,[/quote] Even when you get matched with solo-quers, then I am in the team with people having 1.2x kds at best while 3 of our opponents having 6.0 and up kds and the 4th having at least 2.8 [b]WHY ISN'T AT LEAST ONE OF THEM IN MY TEAM BUNGO!?!?!?[/b]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Because Bungie doesn’t care. Period. We’ve been fussing about this stuff since D2 launched and they obviously do NOT GIVE A CRAP about solo players. Total joke game play no way to beat 4 stacks solo on console. But agin proof is in the pudding the could care less. Don’t believe me just listen to Luke we he talks about crucible. Total POS in my book. Almost ready to say good bye to this pod game

Posting in language:

• Bungee doesn't give a shit about the community. They have to appease the streamers, and they will never allow skills based or rank based to rule comp. they'd have to face off against one another.

Posting in language:

• If you’re struggling and you’re going for recluse, the answer is simple my friend 🤷🏻‍♂️, you suck

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • ya'll seriously have no imagination. it's not between this current mess and absolutely no PvP. there are plenty of other ways they could implement PvP in a less frustrating way, first by taking away any sort of glory ranking requirement in a game which will regularly match you into a 2v4 with no possibility of anyone joining on your team.

Posting in language:

• There matchmaking systems does based off of the fire-team leader so if the fire team leader is at 600 glory and his friends are 5500 its still gonna pair up with 600 players on the other team. Its the weirdest thing. Bungie cant exclude crucible from things such as solstice armor because some players may only do pvp which makes there decision making hard bungie will always be hated by the community because both the pvp and pve community wants the game to be built around how they play the game and enjoy it and make no compromises thats why bugie do it for you which thens punishes both communities. Just my thoughts

Posting in language:

• Edited by patros36: 8/17/2019 8:53:42 PM
        I personally love the idea of crucible, but when every second game we are 3v4 SINCE THE START, how can i enjoy such a shitshow? And its even worse, when we lose like 86 against 100, so we would absolutely win, but no here have a team of 3 down the drain you go....wtf bungie.

Posting in language:

• [quote]WHY do you people at bungie think that your PvP is stable enough to be such a heavy requirement for so much gear?[/quote] This. Crucible is a dumpster fire. Stop trying to force me to play it. I'm never touching it. I don't give a shit about pinnacle weapons, but why does every other Exotic in the game require me to muck about in Crucible for either the Exotic Catalyst, or for the Exotic Quest itself? -blam!- that shit.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Because they don't give a shit about the community. Never have and apparently never will. They listen to the ass kissers who promote this mess. If you're just a player then basically it's F you deal with it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Me and you had the exact opposite effect. I came back and caught up with the annual pass and fell in love with pvp again for the first time since destiny 1

Posting in language:

• Every game has this problem. I agree it could be better, but there is trade-offs with how matchmaking is done. The more filters you add the longer matchmaking will take. Do you want faster matchmaking games or do you want to sit waiting for 5+ minutes to be matched. Maybe it is the time you play, I do not have as bad as a problem as you do. I might suggest finding a game that only has PvP and does not have variable gear. That is why I used to like old school Quake back in the day, only PvP and everyone had the same weapons. It was all skilled based.

Posting in language:

• My glory “was” 1906. Got matched with some guys at 2456 and 2300. Both their KD was 3.02 or better. Mine isn’t that high at all so bump to your post. This is why the dlc and future games I am not buying. B3 will be it for me. They promise xyz and still to this day cater to PvP when they need to make it a true mmorpg and eliminate all PvP until they fix to dedicated servers, lag ban these scrubs, and fix matchmaking. D1 was way better by far, but they still owe us a raid from d1 when they dropped prison of elders. A lot of promises but no delivery on their word. Imo they have no value and people need to boycott them until they deliver all as said.

Posting in language:

• It's fine, it's just the odd game here and there 👍

Posting in language:

• people enjoy pub stomping, but have some self respect. 6 Stacking in quickplay doesn't show you are skilled, just insecure.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Glad I stopped playing this shit...

Posting in language:

• Bungie matchmaker especially in Rumble is perfect. They get the player that got 20 kills, whilst you got 5 kills and were the botton player in that match. Yep in the next match it is that player again. Sometimes the rest may change, but the biggest killer in the last match is on again. My understanding is the same outcome, only sometimes better not for you but the player that kicked your ass in the last match. Bungie have to know what they are doing, because there is no way they can defend a better match when you came last as being the same player that won last time. Gross utter nonsense. Bungie admit you have no idea or you are purposely allowing it meaning it is a set up.

Posting in language:

• Luke addressed Crucible and Matchmaking in Part 3 of his director's cut. Bungie is changing pretty much everything about it.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Can’t argue with this. Crucible has some fun moments but when the first place player gets 45 kills and the last place player gets <10, one would think Bungie would say “Gee, maybe this isn’t fun for everyone.” Someone (streamers) are enjoying the ability to dominate. If they had better skill-based matchmaking, the top players would play against others at their level and not be able to ‘shine’ so much for their viewers. Bungie is allowing a lot of cottage businesses to profit from their game, which is cool, but it’s at the expense of regular players with non-video-game-playing jobs. There are streamers and also carriers making money off Destiny.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon