JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

7/16/2019 3:51:26 PM
After people realized that they can’t get the roll they wanted after running 40+ times it would’ve died pretty quickly like Anthem lol. That’s a lot of time spent for one chest even though you can arrange for what drops from it. The issue is that even with the exploit it was very unlikely that you got the roll you wanted. Now, had there always been 3 chests waiting for us at the end only accessed by chalice runes I don’t think there wouldn’t have been many complaints. I love the idea of queuing into an event with 5 other randos and completing it. I think that’s an idea Bungie needs to build on more. The time vs rewards needs a lot of tweaking though.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think a lot of us were being really picky with the rolls we got. We're able to control the weapon and masterwork, but in hunting for the God roll, we were looking for not only good traits, but also barrel and magazine perks. You know how many Vanguard packages I opened before I got a God roll long shadow? And on top of that, how many packages even gave a long shadow instead of some other gun/armor from Zavala that I didn't care about? Now we can go and get a beloved in ~20 minutes, [i]guaranteed[/i] with the masterwork we want. Great look, great feel, probably the best Adaptive sniper in the game and we can get it at any time by doing a 20 min activity. I have one that I consider the best roll: Fluted barrel, Flared mag, snapshot, moving target, handling MW The one I had previously was snapshot/quickdraw, but had bad barrel perks that decreases handling and a reload MW. (It was the first gun I rolled on my first run of Menagerie) Not saying it's not good, I have almost 200 pvp kills with that, but I wanted the best one. In conclusion, the community got so used to farming 6-7 pieces per run that we were being super picky about the rolls we got, instead of being happy just getting the right traits. I mean, Mtashed farmed like 180+ waking vigils. I'm pretty sure you'd at least get the right trait combo and good barrel/mag perks within 100 rolls, but he had to go for the PERFECT perks. Nothing wrong with that, but the guns were too easy to obtain. Remember getting legendaries in D1? A God roll eyasluna dropping was so rare, getting the gun you wanted from an engram or rank-up package felt so good, but it was all rng. Rng on top of rng. But now we have a lot of control over our loot, so it's rng on top of control. It's nice, and I'm all for keeping 1 chest at the end of Menagerie

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon