JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Pedro Sacca: 7/16/2019 6:30:29 PM

Best PVE weapons behind glory ranks

Just wanna update this. I'm giving up. No gun it's worth the sacrifice of going through the comp playlist while not enjoying playing pvp in the first place. Bungie probably wont even see this, but I'll just let my opinion that the revoker quest it's a big improvement over what we had in previous seasons with recluse and lunas Edit: Nice to see people engaging in the conversation, agreeing or not. Last night I went on lfg forums trying to find a team and I saw paid carries being offered for the first time. That is a joke, I mean, I'm not trying to say what people can or cannot charge for (and believe me it's not cheap) but if all comp weapons were based in total glory points and not actual ranks that wouldn't even be a thing.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Ahh boo hoo, can u not get to 2100? anyone with a brain and a shotty can get to 2100

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Ahh boo hoo, can u not get to 2100? anyone with a brain and a shotty can get to 2100

Posting in language:

• Ahh boo hoo, can u not get to 2100, anyone with a brain and a shotty can get to 2100

Posting in language:

Yuno
    Yuno

Azusa#11405 on bnet ^_^ - 8/24/2019 5:01:35 PM

Well, the best PvP weapons are locked behind countless hours of grinding PvE. It goes both ways.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • make sure to get the weekly bonus points for playing three matches. My advice is just play the 3 matches in a week and set your controller down, unless you are on a win streak, then keep playing until you lose. This might help you crawl up better. That said, as fun and amazing as recluse is, there are still great alternatives that do not require pvp grind.

Posting in language:

• 1000 Voices tho.

Posting in language:

• Your be fine without them

Posting in language:

• Edited by Yuno: 7/16/2019 1:34:24 PM
      Yuno
      Yuno

Azusa#11405 on bnet ^_^ - 8/24/2019 5:01:35 PM

Just use a one two punch shotgun, combination blow, and liar’s handshake. Better dps than mountaintop and more fun to use. edit: didnt see that I already replied but my point stands

Posting in language:

• So many good alternatives that are arguably better. You think theyre the best because youtube has told you they are. If youre on console, Recluse really isn't worth it. Calus with a good roll is better, Huck is better (on console due to a bit better recoil control).

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • get a decent militia's birthright with spike. mountaintop isn't even all that good.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
        • Meh, I have both and don’t really use ether. I’ll throw on Mountain Top during extreme dps cases though.

Posting in language:

• dont give up you can do it

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • I agree, hope they carry on with the Revoker style of quest progression.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I mean, at the very least Recluse isn't terrible to get. Win some matches and get Fabled, easy done. I knocked it out this season myself. Now something like Lunas or even the Mountaintop are annoying, though definitely doable.

Posting in language:

25 Replies
              • Honestly, if you’re finding it that difficult then it isn’t worth it. I see both Mountaintop and Recluse getting a PvE nerf - spike grenades in general will receive a nerf most likely. On top of that, there are lots of load outs that are extremely strong and just because Mountaintop/Recluse are optimal doesn’t mean others aren’t close. Loaded Question/Wendigo are great weapons that have a clear path to obtain them and there are plenty of exotic kinetics you can pair with them like Outbreak, Bad Juju, Lumina and Huckleberry. I’d just focus on getting those (except Huckleberry they are all quests) and you’ll be set for every activity.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • Yep, the best PvE weapons are the PvP pinnacle weapons, the PvE pinnacle weapons don't even compare, which is really stupid if you think about it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Bungie needs to accept that d2 can't be competitive nor balanced due to the milllions of rpg factors. Crucible needs to keep itself a side bubbled in community so that both sides wont kill each other for nerfs or buffs

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • My question is why don’t we get Glory points from Quickplay wins? I mean valour is valour and it’ll still reward you regardless of win or loss. But Glory should be counted everywhere in the Crucible. Well actually both should be. Idk but I know a lot of people that are competitive and play comp to get their weapons then they jump to quick play and never look back. I know that the clan I’m in prefers to go quickplay as we’re a pretty sizeable clan. But honestly though I’ve got more wins with them in quickplay then I’m comp with randoms. Maybe if it was Quickplay ranked and Quickplay... but even still why does it matter? I mean just the fact that we’re playing other players should count. Some people never touch Crucible. And shouldn’t the weapons be something to encourage people to play in an area that they otherwise would never touch? I see a lot of gripe over this from PvE players and casual PvP players. I feel em, and I hope that Bungie does toy around with Crucible a little more and hopefully tweak the weapons quests. Maybe by doing three valour resets to replace the demands of glory? Idk. It’s in Bungie hands and hopefully they are monitoring the situation.

Posting in language:

23 Replies
                      • Ive been using the trackless waste and holding my own in pve. Granted recluse is insanely strong but there are other viable options especially one that synergize with a build.

Posting in language:

• Yup, kinda drove me away from bungie... My plan is buy used or wait for it to be free the next year from now on, if I even bother when it comes around. No more of my money for bungie.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon