JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/19/2019 2:11:01 PM

Lord of Wolves is a problem only on YouTube

I have been playing the crucible everyday and I have yet to have a lobby dominated by a lord of wolves player. YouTubers are just blowing smoke up your arse for clicks. And their parrots are repeating everything they say. I too was worried until I realized it was just bs. If you used lord of wolves and I viciously bagged you I’m sorry. You were mislead too. If your on pc then I have no idea, on console it’s not a thing.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I don't play comp, but my experience in QP and IB had been to run into one every now and then. I just bag them every time I outgun them. You can clearly see when they're holding it by the flaming barrel. Not super difficult to avoid if you pay attention. There are so many reasons to run different weapons right now, I just don't see this as an issue. And I don't want to see it nerfed back to the vault. It is an Exotic, afterall.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
      Do you play the same game as everyone else?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Idk about everyone else, but I haven't run into ANY stacked teams using LoW. And even if there's just one. A well placed mountaintop shot turns them into a distant memory

Posting in language:

• I see at least 4 people in every match using it and all the tracking tools put lord of wolves as the second highest used gun for the last two weeks... I'm sure thats just a coincidence right........ It needs a nerf/re-work just accept that sometimes things get broken.

Posting in language:

• Recoil on console keeps it in check. The range is there, but keeping that reticle stable enough to land all the shots at range is damn near impossible. PC, it’s terrible because recoil is like a tenth there. The damage is too much, though. No one weapon should be able to shut down Supers like LoW does, even on console.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by puppyk1sses: 6/20/2019 2:02:08 PM
          Yeah I agree. A 0.22 second TTK from upwards of 20 meters (Chaperone range and beyond) definitely sucks. Needs a buff imo. Bring the range out to 30 meters. Yesterday I got killed by a Bygones when using LoW and that wasn’t fair. And the whole oneshotting supers business? Overrated. It should kill supers in zero shots instead. Getting enough ammo for 3 kills per special brick with the scav perk is garbage too. Make it 5 and maybe this gun will be decent. Free Kill Clip that doesn’t require a kill and is always activated? Garbage.

Posting in language:

• I played a bunch of Iron Banner earlier, didnt see a single Lord of Wolves. It really does look nasty on PC, but it seems Console doesnt have that problem though. I will say however - Lord of Wolves has always been slept on in PvP IMO. Its a good gun.

Posting in language:

• Sweats don’t like playing people of there own skill so when something levels the playing field they really really don’t like it and start moaning until bungie nerds it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • On consoles, it's not much of a problem. I actually get giddy when I see a guys wielding the thing. It's so fun to take that guy out or barely spin out of his attack and kill him with the Recluse. But what sucks is that distance lol

Posting in language:

• First of all you can only speak for your personal experience. You can say you didn’t encounter any lobby’s dominated by it but like I said that only speaks for only your experience on a single platform. There are probably people who run into the weapon nonstop. Second whether it dominates lobby’s or not is irrelevant, the problem is that the weapon is too strong.

Posting in language:

• A very good player with LoW on pc can certainly dominate but I’m going to be honest here...I haven’t seen a lobby or team dominated by them yet, just the odd good and bad player. There was this one dude that gave me nightmares, one eyed mask Titan with LoW and he wrecked my whole team several times until we wised up. I’ve played a fair bit of pvp since IB and a couple days before... I don’t see it as a huge problem. Maybe it’s a problem in comp? Idk I don’t play it.

Posting in language:

• It's largely a PC problem. We'll all get the same nerf though, because that makes sense.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • It's a fusion with no charge. Just sayin

Posting in language:

• The irony is the "LoW OP plz nerf" is prepetuated by youtubers who don't even play this game. They stream like once or twice a week, and they only play destiny when they stream. Don't believe? watch their streams, they running around collecting bounties, if they were streaming quality content they would do the bounties offstream, but the only time they play d2 is when they stream. and that gun aint that great on console, the muzzle flash/screen shake is like hardlight , the recoil is not manageable, and that is why this isnt a console problem. They nerfed ace that wasn't a console problem either and pc has the smallest playerbase when compared to ps4 and xbone. Why cater to them ? fix our loadtimes, sbmm, new crucible maps, new strikes. Don't waste your time catering to a select few.

Posting in language:

• It's an issue on pc because recoil isn't really a thing. Also aim assist falls off on console at about 15 metres. Without it hitting shots at range is pointless.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • It's definitely a thing on console. Specifically in comp. LoW can literally one shot you out of your roaming super. And it has utterly ridiculous range and rate of fire.

Posting in language:

• have you tried comp lately? It's used by 4 stacks all the time.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • It's pretty safe to say that the majority of forums defending this LoW insanity is console players at this point

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Pc it is unfortunately a thing. Honestly if just shouldn’t have infinite up time and maybe the damage boosting bit of release the is just procd on kill.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • [quote]I have been playing the crucible everyday and I have yet to have a lobby dominated by a lord of wolves player. YouTubers are just blowing smoke up your arse for clicks. And their parrots are repeating everything they say. I too was worried until I realized it was just bs. If you used lord of wolves and I viciously bagged you I’m sorry. You were mislead too. If your on pc then I have no idea, on console it’s not a thing.[/quote] It’s def a thing on pc. Console ain’t pulling off that crazy rages without some serious recoil control.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • I'm inclined to agree

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon