JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Zoe41: 6/17/2019 3:39:25 PM
Zoe41

Why Do People Not Raid?

Why do many of you guys not raid and avoid it like the plague, I even see some of you saying bungie shouldnt make the content simply because a lot of players dont play it. Why dont you try raiding? This isnt to attack people who dont or to attack casual players, as someone who plays this game for raiding I am just curious as to why some dont like them? Edit: So most of you seem the think raiders are all toxic, its just not the case, some of you see someone post KWTD and think they are toxic when in reality KWTD means watch a video and have an idea of whats going on and we can help you from there. Most raiders will help you if you ask and are willing to learn. If you dont like current LFGs that are up make your own. I cleared CoS by joining a raid team that was just NA CoS Fresh 730+, a handful of people didnt know what to do and the rest of the team taught them and we cleared it. If you want you can also wait and look for Sherpas, they are more rare but they exist to help you, I commonly post Levi sherpas or join people who post that its their first time. When you are upfront about being new and wanting to learn, the non toxic helpful people will come to you. Some of you said its complicated, its not, its a challenge and you have to be willing to lean it but its not at all over complicated. Theres lots of valid reasons posted but just assuming every raider is toxic is not a valid one because its just not true. Edit 2: A good suggestion made by logan678910 65 is to have a casual and hardcore raiding section for LFG, that would honestly be a great thing because then all those who think youll get toxic hardcore players can know that anyone joining your lfg in the casual section is also just wanting to have fun. Edit 3: If you think LFG is so toxic, post your own lfg, its not hard, ask for sherpas, ask for help, make it clear you want to be taught, otherwise you just look like you are trying to get carried. There are plenty of sherpas if you are just patient. Edit 4: If you are on PC and you want to raid and be shown it is in fact not toxic and that there are people who will teach you then add me Zoe41#1700. I will gladly teach anyone who is willing to learn, I wont carry you so dont come expecting me to do that, you are going to have to learn.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Rogue Echo: 6/17/2019 3:29:35 PM
    One badass could carry a Raid team in Destiny. No matter how inexperienced or awful the rest of the team was, one highly skilled individual could complete encounters (or more often, turn a bad run into a clear). I really enjoyed leveling, gearing and practicing to be that badass on the team. It was fun competing for that "badass" spot. 4 players dead? It's okay, my friend and I can finish confluxes. Need more help on one side? No problem, I'll solo a Gatekeeper. Someone always messing up on the third rotation? No big deal, I'll two cycle Crota. Those hero moments were what made those Raids for me. As Guardians dropped, the badasses got to prove themselves... show off a bit. The Raids now are very different. If anyone makes a mistake, it's a wipe. Plus, the mistakes being made in the D2 raids are mechanic errors. The "mistakes" made in D1 raids were getting overrun by enemies.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

26 Replies
    • I believe a lot of not raiding is due to anxiety. I personally have pretty bad anxiety which keeps me from any activity where I have to speak to unknown people. I used to raid a lot in wow but that only required listening and typing the occasional reply. Some people, myself included, don't want to be ridiculed for not knowing these raids and being inexperienced. I'm not going to seek out someone who is willing to teach and waste their time. If there was a mode in Destiny like wow has with Looking For Raid, more people would probably participate. It gives an opportunity to learn the raids in a stress free environment which would help people become a bit more confidant in the actual raid where performance matters.

Posting in language:

• Most pve'rs not saying you are but are usually assholes with dumb prerequisites like 50 clears or a really hard to get weapon.90% of the said asses almost always a snob male/female from the UK its like they are just born assholes.I mostly prefer pvp but I don't have the patience to deal with some of the snobs that are on lfg i feel for the people who really want to raid but i refuse to raid with anyone outside my clan or alliance.

Posting in language:

• Because you no longer need to do the raids to get to max power level therefore there’s no need to do them more than once. Doesn’t help that all the raid gear is lacklustre as well. This game was watered down to appeal to the casual players and it has really suffered because of that, casual players don’t stick with any given game for more than a couple months and that also explains why the player base has dropped off so much since d2 was released

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        I for sure am not against raiders they are awesome ! I do not raid for 2 reasons 1. Is time . In a Environment that with myself being unskilled it could take me 4 hours to do I don’t have the time. 2. Your time. If I start a raid and I cannot finish then I feel like I have wasted your time and I don’t want to leave a game feeling guilty even though it is just a game. Your time and my time are serious business and I put that on a pedestal before raiding. My apologies if I have ever said anything negative toward raiders this is a community game and I would love to have the time to do all of the raids they look amazing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • For a few reasons. 1. I’ve done every raid for D1 and D2 minus the two most recent. And I haven’t enjoyed any of the raids in D2, therefore it’s a waste of time to do something I don’t enjoy. 2. All the guys I used to raid with don’t really play Destiny anymore. And LFG is a cesspool. I’ve even tried joining a few different clans, and all those guys stopped playing Destiny as well. 3. Lastly, the time requirement for raiding doesn’t mesh with my life. During my D1 days, I was single. Now I have a family, a pretty damn good job, and a multitude of other hobbies (fishing, hunting, golf, college football) are much more important to me than spending countless hours on a video game.

Posting in language:

• I don’t use mic, voice chat just makes me uncomfortable even just to listen, so it makes most raids basically impossible. The closest I’ve gotten was a rad group of people who helped me almost through the entirety of EoW without a mic. Sadly I had to stop playing before I could finish the final phase but to that group thank you so much, I hold my masterworked I Am Alive proudly lmao.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Yeah whenever I Sherpa Spire, folks always say it’s so complicated. But really anything you’re new to will seem this way. Once you run the encounter even just a few times we’ll. It’ll click like playing regular patrol

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              I just dont have the time really.

Posting in language:

• I raided a lot with my friends back in d1 but I was the only one who transferred to PC so I had no one to play with for the first year and lfg from d1 didnt give me that much hope so I never tried it out hence why I try to solo everything that's non matchmade

Posting in language:

• There is one reason pekpke don’t raid, and that’s it. they are afraid to talking to strangers, and are anti-social yet they will come here and give you HUGE lists of excuses as to why it’s not their fault that they don’t raid did literally hundreds of LFG raids since 2014, hundreds. That is the only reason pekpke don’t raid

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • It’s simple. They make the raids more complex and frustrating than fun. That’s it

Posting in language:

• Edited by GrifterDeMier01: 6/17/2019 7:00:28 AM
                I'd raid if it had matchmaking. Simple as that. Same with nightfalls and heroic events. Never done a single one but I would if they had matchmaking. Or if this game had some kind of in game global text chat where I could just log in and send a global text message asking "hey, anyone wanna do a raid/nightfall/heroic event?" Then make a fireteam. But nooooooooooooo. Bungo in their infinite wisdom has neither of those features. So therefore I don't raid. Plus I honestly hate raids in general no matter what the game is. But this games raids are just baaaaad. Really really bad. One thing I will not do though, one thing I refuse to do is go to some 3rd party website out side the game, make a profile just so I can use that website, find the proper message board and make a message looking for ppl, wait for responses, add all of them to my friend list, go back into the game and invite them all to my fire team then finally start the mission. -blam!- that whole process on basic principal alone.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • I flat out refuse to watch a youtuber or a streamers play a game just so I can play a game . If you or bungie requires me to become a datto drone to raid then it's not going to happen . As long as a guardian can be booted for being inexperienced you can blaming forget it . When I'm told I have to have a certain weapon or armor and if I don't I can't raid . You want to call out the 95% who don't get the chance to raid but say nothing again nothing about the 5% who do raid and put as many restrictions as they can so no else can join in . This is on bungie for allowing elitist and streamers to run this game .

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                  • No fun.

Posting in language:

• Its not for everyone. Raid encounters often feel pressured (Crown of Sorrow definitely does that with the ever-present buff timer), and not everyone enjoys that or can deal with that. Nothing wrong with that either. My fun isnt necessarily your fun, nor is it more valid.

Posting in language:

• Reality: know what to do means know what to do... Not watch a video.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • I raid and 99% of the time I don't have a problem.

Posting in language:

• I’m raiding tomorrow

Posting in language:

• Because so many people are toxic and hostile if you mess up you I get by doing it by only doing call outs if I can avoid talking I will. I avoid people who say must have blank number of clears because they don’t have that many most of the time and the ones who ask that die to ads most of the time which isn’t good

Posting in language:

• 1. Many of us don't like Destiny 2 raids. Especially with the revive token system. 2. Most of the raids---other than the exotics---don't have any weapons that are worth the hassle of raiding in order to chase. 3. LFG is a time-consuming PITA to use. One that can consume most of the allotted play time of an adult gamer, in the effort of simply trying to get a team together. 4. LFG is much more exclusionary and elitist than it was in D1, because the changes in design and the revive system make it much harder to compensate for a weak player. So now you basically have one player who is weak or struggles not to die...wipe the entire team....and halt the entire teams progress. So people are unwilling to gamble on a new or less experienced player. 5. So unless you are part of a Clan that is willing to invest in you.....its a Catch-22. No one wants to play with an inxperienced or new raider....ESPECIALLY other inexperienced or new raiders.. Yet you can't get experience if no one plays with you. 6. Clans have withered and died as a result of the game's problems and Bungie's rudderless management of the game over the last two years. The clan that I used to raid with the most in D1...is now my clan in The Division 2. My old clan was a zombie for the last two years...and I finally left it for another one. TLDR: The way Bungie handles this situation has made raiding inaccessible. So the barriers to participation (see above) either keep people out....or make trying to raid such a hassle that many people just feel that the rewards aren't worth the headache.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                      • Edited by Spaztic: 6/19/2019 3:42:50 AM
                        I often have to stop playing to deal with my children or i only have a limited time to play each day. So limited in fact i didnt even complete last weeks weekly bounties.....(darn kids and their need for food....)

Posting in language:

• 6 ppl all talking at once I dont find setting up play dates bia an app or third party fun I have limited time a night. Spending 2 hours running one activity isn't my idea of fun No in game tools for proper team building. This still boggles my mind. I hate LFG it's 90% a shit show. Just elitist looking for more elitist ppl. Shattered Throne.. now that was fun! I have run that more than any raid ever, except VoG. I really wish we had more small team activities. 6 ppl raids always feel so cluttered.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Lfg: Kwtd Me: sees kwtd welp im not going to learn in peace so might as well not bother

Posting in language:

• Cos boring

Posting in language:

• Edited by H0WOOD: 6/17/2019 1:26:02 AM
                          First off, Zoe41 has a good post and is well intentioned. If I may, I comment on some of it. [i]Why do many of you guys not raid and avoid it like the plague, I even see some of you saying bungie shouldnt make the content simply because a lot of players dont play it. Why dont you try raiding? This isnt to attack people who dont or to attack casual players, as someone who plays this game for raiding I am just curious as to why some dont like them?[/i] Raiding is top end content. It's meant for top end players to really get their act together, and participate in a challenging, sometimes difficult, mic necessary event, requiring jumping skills, aiming skills, and the ability to remember details in fine.. errr... detail. Question answered. [i]Edit: So most of you seem the think raiders are all toxic, its just not the case, some of you see someone post KWTD and think they are toxic when in reality KWTD means watch a video and have an idea of whats going on and we can help you from there.[/i] Here's the rub. Someone - probably plenty of someones - went into the Raid blind. No idea what was coming, or how to do it. Whilst finding out, enemies shoot at them, blow them up, and generally get in the damn way of exploring the Raid. Fine! But the OP suggests that we - the lesser mortals - aren't given the joy of doing that. We have to watch a video to see how someone else does/did it! I would like to take my time, in an easier mode, explore, and have a good time, without the panic of enemies at full strength thrown in. [i]Most raiders will help you if you ask and are willing to learn. If you dont like current LFGs that are up make your own. I cleared CoS by joining a raid team that was just NA CoS Fresh 730+, a handful of people didnt know what to do and the rest of the team taught them and we cleared it.[/i] OK, but I humbly suggest such occurrences are rare. By rare, there might be 100,000 such times, but in a million or two that's 10%. [i]If you want you can also wait and look for Sherpas, they are more rare but they exist to help you, I commonly post Levi sherpas or join people who post that its their first time. When you are upfront about being new and wanting to learn, the non toxic helpful people will come to you.[/i] Well, all the kudos and respect to Sherpas, but I'd like to play the game myself. I've been with such people, and their idea of Sherpering (?) is to run ahead, and clear everything for you. I might as well just hand him/them my account, and they can do the entire thing for me. Please, this is not a rant against Sherpas, as such. [i]Some of you said its complicated, its not, its a challenge and you have to be willing to lean it but its not at all over complicated.[/i] Complicated is a [u]relative[/u] term. What is uncomplicated to one, is totally off the planet for others. It's a fact that very, very few people identify or understand those with lesser brain power or ability. After all, if everything wasn't that complicated, we could all be brain surgeons! [i]Theres lots of valid reasons posted but just assuming every raider is toxic is not a valid one because its just not true.[/i] Rewrite that to, "There are NO toxic Raiders," and you immediately run into "not true." [i]Edit 2: A good suggestion made by logan678910 65 is to have a casual and hardcore raiding section for LFG, that would honestly be a great thing because then all those who think youll get toxic hardcore players can know that anyone joining your lfg in the casual section is also just wanting to have fun.[/i] Suggestions along the same lines that there be differing levels for Raids has long, long been put up on these forums, for years. Bungie can make Prestige events - harder events - but they can't make easier events. Why is that! The modifier called "Light" is used all over the place to differentiate different levels. This activity or that activity requires a certain Light Level, or you struggle. [i]Some[/i] Struggle! [b]The simple solution is different levels of difficulty for the same Raid, with differing levels of reward.[/b] Look at simple Strikes. I don't know that any new player would immediately start in Nightfalls, without doing the same Strike in normal mode. Why are Raid not the same? Bungie, that's why. Z, thanks for taking the time to bring the subject up. Edit: I recall now one of the biggest problems with running Raids with people I did not know all that well. I'm prepared to do exactly as I am told, no arguing or disagreement. However, the following instructions are meaningless: "Come towards me!" (Who the hell is "Me"?) "Go to the other side!" (Yeah, which side is "other"? My "other" or your "other") "Shoot the fkr!" (Any particular fkr you'd like me to shoot?) "I'm going in!" (OK, who is "I" and where is "in"?) "Go to Loopy!" (Who the hell is Loopy? Could be the guy with the name BadLoop, or is it LoopHole, or is it actually Loopy? Fictional names, but...) "Don't die!!!" (Oh crap! And here I was thinking that all I had to do was die. Now he's telling me not to! No shit, Sherlock!)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon