JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/16/2019 2:23:23 PM

Something sinister is happening..

.. Just a hunch but these things have been bothering me. - From the start we no longer up our light level but our Power level - We have no speaker to obtain wonderfully decorative fashion pieces. - Since the start of season of opulence, our orbs of light have gone slightly darker. - Our ghost is needing to convince himself we're going to the Menagerie to ''Investigate'' it. - Finally, moons haunted. In any case what has me most worried are our orbs of light going slightly darker. Prehaps it means nothing but I can't help think this is a subtle move. Something within our guardian heart, making us think or change our perspective on things. >_> <_< Eyes up guardian.
English
#lore #destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• To add on, this is all of the stuff we've done that isn't necessarily great. We became calus's champion. Some of us have joined drifter, and have become close. In lore tabs, it says in the new warlock tab for gambit, the warlock states that we are ignoring problems by playing in gambit and that somethings might rise up from the grave. In fact it even mentions the moon and a growing sinister entity.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]- From the start we no longer up our light level but our Power level[/quote] Light is a measure of augmentation. It is not power so to speak. The power must reside in our guns which in turn get a boost from us. Think of "Power" as the difference between a perfect version when maxed out. You start with standard and after numerous trials and tribulations (powerful reward activities) you get better and better at reworking our guns. For the record, I agree with the concept we should get the guns from the activities and utilize materials to simply upgrade with the gunsmith at the Tower. This will add ownership and realism to the Destiny universe. [quote]- We have no speaker to obtain wonderfully decorative fashion pieces.[/quote] No Speaker means no leader for the consensus. It's a highly valuable position, but with no Speaker? We are just as powerful as guardians. We do need a liaison with the people beneath our Towers. [quote]- Since the start of season of opulence, our orbs of light have gone slightly darker.[/quote] While you utilize this to signify we have changed and it is possible... the universe is one giant chemical base interacting and mixing on every level with life all around and death in between the cracks. To say our light has changed and is slightly darker is merely a reflection of changing times. Not necessarily ourselves, but in the various places we inhabit as the Darkness has had its zones all around us since the very beginning for some in Old Russia and the Last City for newer ones. [quote]- Our ghost is needing to convince himself we're going to the Menagerie to ''Investigate'' it.[/quote] I like to think our Ghost understands we do a lot of dangerous and crazy things naturally. Fortunately, though, it sticks around through and through. [quote]- Finally, moons haunted.[/quote] All that means to me is we need to understand what happened from when we left to now. The simple reality is? For those who are older- We killed the moon inhabitants on the surface. This Tower was clearly built to challenge our accomplishments and to revive the horrors from before, but here is the kicker on that: We did it once. And if the gauntlet is the only thing they threw down this time? Then guardians are still on the lunar surface even before we arrived there. That tower is the only grounds we need to assault at that point as other guardians have the enemies taken care of (they won't. But I want to know what happened to them).

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Can't tell me "eyes up" if I have no eyes, Jon. :]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Edited by Dredgen Sol: 6/17/2019 12:02:29 PM
        1. Power level, Light level, same thing. 2. I mean...do we really need a Speaker? What did he actually do for the City? 3. You are very right. I never even noticed that. Hm.. 4. Yeah..okay? Our Ghost will always try to make himself seem like the good guy. That’s his prerogative 5. Yep. Exactly.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
        • This whole civil war and light vs dark thing is cool and if we ever get a way to chose sides/allies I know where I'm going [spoiler]I gonna be a edgy Titan[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Did you notice the crystals all over the place on the Anna Bray strikes?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • And which d1 character made a suspicious return this year? That’s right, Eva Levante... Or should I say... EVIL EVANTE

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • I think the orbs were based on complaints about not being able to see them in the reckoning

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • What I’m most interested in is the new Opulent armor. Supposedly the Scribes have created stories of how we kill pretty much everyone we know, and that the Emperor is “pleased” in our actions. I’m guessing these are just stories for what they think is to come, but you never know... The Orbs changing color slightly was noticeable, yeah. Not sure why, but I guess we will find out.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                  • Sinister? Like you couldn't see orbs in Reckoning... kinda sinister? Your Guardian may be taking a walk on the wild side but not me.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I'm so glad you said this. I thought I was losing my damn mind... I knew those orbs looked different

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • 1well a moment on the weight of what you’ve done. Contemplate the story you just ended. Will you ever do anything that screams down the millennia? Will you ever hammer your will on the universe until it rings and rings and rings? Oryx was an awesome power. Show reverence. All right. Enough. Enough. A vacancy has opened, hasn’t it? How interesting. How very interesting. Do you ever pause, dear listener, to consider who benefits from all this heroism you commit? Do you ever look around you and feel the faintest chill? As if you are the tiny little ball bearing placed beneath a great mass, so that it might, if pushed, begin to roll? You’re a god yourself, now. You’ve consecrated yourself. Emulate me. Use your power to learn. There are worse things to practice being. 2 savathun stole our throne time to take it back

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • EEEVVVILLL!!!

Posting in language:

• Edited by Tanerask: 6/17/2019 9:18:51 AM
                          [quote] - Our ghost is needing to convince himself we're going to the Menagerie to ''Investigate'' it. [/quote] Is that a lore tab or dialogue? I’ve never heard nor seen that :/

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                          • I'm flattered the likes out way the dislikes. Press F to pay respects to the Haters. F

Posting in language:

• ThE DaRkneSS iS cLoSeR... then We THINK!!!! after the drifter and nine stuff. and after the other stuff. even in the vidoc? maybe soon we will join the drifter and fight with darkness light powers.....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • I think the orb thing is because they were invisible in the reckoning. BUT I LIKE YOUR THEORY MORE!!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Dont do drugs kids.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • Edited by LilyChris1212: 6/17/2019 6:53:32 AM
                                  It may be nothing but maybe Calus is trying to do something with the guardians within the Menagerie. He wants us to become one of his shadows, wants us to grow fat from strength, wants us to possibly become what he is or was (almost) Ya it could have been a patch to orbs so we can see them better but really come on guys, Bungie is all about the lore about the secrets ever since halo 3 and such.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • The orbs got a visual difference effect with season of opulence. Masterwork orbs are the dark ones while super orbs are the white ones.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                    • Whatever is going on with Orbs, I'm just happy that I can see them better.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • Edited by Sahvoz-88: 6/17/2019 12:57:51 AM
                                        “[i]Something within our Guardian heart[/i]”? Well, I’m an Exo, so I guess in my case it’s my core? (Funny story with that, it’s how I got the 88 in my name) And anyway, I kinda have a teensy bit of Taken energy in me now (long story), so I don’t mind the orbs changing that much.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                        • [quote].. Just a hunch but these things have been bothering me. - From the start we no longer up our light level but our Power level - We have no speaker to obtain wonderfully decorative fashion pieces. - Since the start of season of opulence, our orbs of light have gone slightly darker. - Our ghost is needing to convince himself we're going to the Menagerie to ''Investigate'' it. - Finally, moons haunted. In any case what has me most worried are our orbs of light going slightly darker. Prehaps it means nothing but I can't help think this is a subtle move. Something within our guardian heart, making us think or change our perspective on things. >_> <_< Eyes up guardian.[/quote] 1. Power/Light level isn't a canonical concept in the Destiny universe 2. Yeah... Not really a sign we're turning evil 3. Cool, I guess we are becoming masters of the grey like Shin said 4. We are learning quite a lot, while also discovering more classified information on Calus that I'm sure his loyalists would rather stay secret. We do tell the vanguard about this, unless Truth to power was the only thing we decided to let them know about 5. That witch -blam!-!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                          • The orbs got darker because of Reckoning. They were difficult to see in the white sand.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                            • Roger that, I think you might be on to something.. I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                              • the orbs changed after the patch that fixed orbs generating errors on activities... maybe was to much transparency and reflections and bugged the engine when ppl generated thousand off them during rhe revelery

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                                ;
                                                preload icon
                                                preload icon
                                                preload icon