JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

5/21/2019 7:43:35 PM
[quote]Since it seems you have so much time on your hands being able to conduct these nerfs..[/quote] ...and that's the source of the outrage in a nutshell. Bungie has time enough to nerf the game's best weapons and knee-cap the game's power-fantasy. But apparently doesn't have the time or resources to deal with dozens of other issues that are decreasing the quality of the PLAYER EXPERIENCE.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Your opposition would happily label you as a "conspiracy theorist", amongst many other names that have entirely lost all meaning at this point in history. Ironic how it is indeed that the only ones willing to defend Bungie's decisions are the same people who have no self worth; they feel they must attach their worthless selves to the company to feel like somebody.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Safety and perceived sense of belonging are that important to some people. Shit. We have people defending the actions of a President who is openly doing things that forced Nixon to have to resign in disgrace to avoid impeachment and removal from office 45 years ago. Same reason.

Posting in language:

• Preach

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]Since it seems you have so much time on your hands being able to conduct these nerfs..[/quotes ] ...and that's the source of the outrage in a nutshell. Bungie has time enough to nerf the game's best weapons and knee-cap the game's power-fantasy. But apparently doesn't have the time or resources to deal with dozens of other issues that are decreasing the quality of the PLAYER EXPERIENCE.[/quote]

Posting in language:

• bungie always has time to nerf stuff that benefits the player. but when it comes to stuff that negatively impacts the player they're suddenly too busy

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 5/22/2019 1:41:58 PM
    [quote]bungie always has time to nerf stuff that benefits the player. but when it comes to stuff that negatively impacts the player they're suddenly too busy[/quote] ...and that is what's fueling all the anger. Because that's what the "optics" of these nerfs clearly communicate. Bungie will fix things that benefit Bungie, and their agenda for the game. But the community can go screw itself.

Posting in language:

• The irony is that if their agenda keeps on looking like this they won’t have to worry about community sentiment because the community will be reduced to virtually nothing.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]Since it seems you have so much time on your hands being able to conduct these nerfs..[/quote] ...and that's the source of the outrage in a nutshell. Bungie has time enough to nerf the game's best weapons and knee-cap the game's power-fantasy. But apparently doesn't have the time or resources to deal with dozens of other issues that are decreasing the quality of the PLAYER EXPERIENCE.[/quote] It took them 7 months to create Zero Hour..... I don't think they are capable of making content fast enough to make a difference now. People will say it's due to focusing on D3 or whatever else they have going on. My argument is that if they fail to support D2, how do they expect people to buy D3? Won't they just do exactly the same thing again and half heartedly support it while concentrating on something else? In normal games this makes sense (Fallout 4 for example got so much dlc and bug support, but now that team has moved on) but Destiny was sold as a continuous experience, that is going to be kept relevant..... so far, not so much

Posting in language:

• I don’t think you want to mention Bethesda Game Studios and bug fixes in the same sentence. Skyrim (and rest of the TES series) and Fallout games have been riddled with bugs. And only dedicated fans and their mods and fixes have given them true staying power.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dredgen Vader: 5/22/2019 11:56:11 PM
    Bethesda Softworks made Skyrim and fallout 4. Skyrim has sold more copies than destiny 1 and 2 combined ☺ and their worlds are a whole lot bigger than Destiny (with a smaller development team btw). Anything that big will have human errors, it's inevitable. I could go on lol and it was only a reference due to the fact that I know more about Bethesda's releases so could use it as an example. My point was, normal boxed releases get support for a while before their developers move on. Destiny can't use that excuse as it's meant to be a "game as service" ongoing hobby. The fact that they are treating this game with such a lack of care, makes buying any further games from them a worry

Posting in language:

• Bethesda Softworks is the publisher. Bethesda Game Studios is the developer. Yeah, I know they have less people on payroll than Bungie (like half), and I know they do vast games. But you have heard of Fallout 76? Their game-as-a-service offering isn’t doing too hot. And now they can’t rely on mods for fixes. (I lucked out and haven’t bought it. But thoroughly enjoyed all TES games, and Fallout games prior to 76.) And have you played Skyrim/FO4 without mods? They are so much better with Unofficial patch mods (they literally fix hundreds of bugs).

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dredgen Vader: 5/23/2019 9:54:24 AM
    ☺I have played both extensively. OK, how good was D1 first the first 7 months? Compare that to Fallout 76. Comparable? Then think of Destiny 2 first 7 months..... comparable to Destiny 1's? You'd think the sequel would be better...... this is Bethesda's first attempt at game-as-service. I trust them to turn it around a whole lot more than I do Bungie (and the less said about Bioware the better lol)

Posting in language:

• Umm.... Fallout 76 was/is objectively worse. Both in the goals it gave and overall performance as a game.

Posting in language:

• Objectively? No. In your opinion? Yes. ☺ My opinion differs, and that's OK ☺

Posting in language:

• Nope. Bethesda Softworks developed games until 2001, then BGS was created/spun off.

Posting in language:

• Hmmmm I stand corrected. Last time I trust a business insider article 😉 my point still stands though, regardless of publishing/developing name ☺

Posting in language:

• The “power fantasy” isn’t going anywhere.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon