JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by GeneralC22: 5/20/2019 9:06:23 PM

Upvote if you think Bungie should fix all the useless exotics instead of nerfing the fun ones

Seriously, look in your vault right now and tell me how many exotics you haven't used since vanilla d2, or since forsaken launched. Cerberus +1 Lucky Pants Oath Keeper ACD/0 Feedback Eye of Another World I could literally spend hours just listing exotics nobody uses, and instead of fixing all these exotics that don't measure up, Bungie is taking the easy route and nerfing the ones that people use the most. I suppose it's easier to make every exotic lackluster then it is to make every exotic fun after the fact.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Honestly I rather use a Nerfed Skull of Ahamkara b4 using Eon Safe or whatever that thing is called

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • You know there’s a problem when you can take half (or even more) of some of the rarest items in the game that are supposed to be powerful, completely remove them from the game, and you would hardly notice anything different.

Posting in language:

• The fact that Dawnblade has 0 good exotics except for the one for Graceblade is just ugh. I don't play Titan or Hunter enough to have an opinion on them but they seem to have at least something more than "gain an addition fusion grenade."

Posting in language:

• Edited by theJdawg91: 5/27/2019 4:23:33 PM
      I totally agree with your premise; although I would disagree with some of your examples. Lucky Pants can be used quite effectively by talented PvP players. Oath Keepers are fantastic when paired with Le Monarque However, I could definitely offer up examples which I think further your argument: WHO uses Worldline Zero (or any swords for that matter) except for movement "cheese" such as speed-runners, third-person peeking, or jump-distance extension? Stomp NEEDS to be nerfed or we can't use this weapon type. Come on Bungie!? Why did you even put swords in the game? The Huckleberry was great once. Before the Breakneck was introduced into the game. Now it would just feel like a waste of an exotic slot. Needs to be buffed or re-tooled for the current state of the game. Two-Tailed Fox need to have D1 Truth level of tracking. Why would I chose this over a curated Bad Omens? Riskrunner could stand a buff. Perhaps give it reload on kill and I'll start using it. Stronghold. Again with swords. Trinity Ghoul. Maybe this one's a me problem, but this weapon seems to be designed for mob clear, but there are so many better legendary options. And I have Anarchy. Heart of the Inmost Light. I used this one a lot while playing Forsaken as it was my highest armor for a while. Didn't feel all that great; haven't worn it since. Contraverse Hold. Same as Inmost Light. Sealed Ahamkara Grasps. "Hitting an enemy with a melee instantly reloads your weapon." NOT an exotic perk. Honestly, should be a legendary perk, perhaps on Drifter's gear. Needs to be re-tooled. Ashen Wake. Does anybody use these? Maybe it's just me... ALL Aeon Swift armor. Do I need to explain? Helm of Saint-14 doesn't need a buff, but Titan bubbles do. Please make it like D1 again. You and your allies should keep their over-shield for a short time after exiting the bubble. Peacekeepers. Does anyone use these? Maybe it's just me... I also feel like Sunshot needs a buff, but I haven't used it in a long time.... I could be wrong about some of these, but I don't think it would hurt the game to buff most of them. Make the game FUN, it is a GAME.

Posting in language:

• Edited by frompa: 5/21/2019 8:19:37 PM
      Oath keeper is amazing as is. Le Monarque is a 100% auto proc and hold. Can't ask to be any better. Lucky Pants is also amazing. basically adds quickdraw, opening shot, and lite version of auto loading holster. I run this with Last word and Not forgotten for ultra salt effect. The Aeon exotics need the most improvement over what you listed. The only time i've ever seen one equipped was on a blueberry because it was his highest piece.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Of course they should, it's what they promised before that they would stop nerfing things and start bringing things up to power.... yet they lied to our faces multiple times and you people keep gobbling up their crocodile tears. They always choose the easy road, the road that spells LAZY development, and lacks creativity and innovation. I recommend uninstalling the game and moving onto something that is more complete. Stop being loyal to developer studios that could give two shits if you even exist. They demonstrate poor business practice and are ruled by greed. There are more complete and better established games out there that are backed by studios that genuinely care about their consumer. Stop being a victim to this endless cycle that Bungie display's, have value for yourselves and speak with you time and wallets.

Posting in language:

• Aren't exotics supposed to be powerful? I don't get bungie. Kind of the whole point.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • You're literally asking this company to use logic. Are you sure you know what company this is?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • ____🐸🐸🐸🐸____🐸🐸🐸 ___🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸__🐸🐸🐸🐸 __🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️🐸🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️ 🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ 🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️ 🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚪️🐸🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚪️ 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🔴🔴🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🔴🔴🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 🐸🐸🐸🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Posting in language:

• ____🐸🐸🐸🐸____🐸🐸🐸 ___🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸__🐸🐸🐸🐸 __🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️🐸🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️ 🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️🐸⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ 🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚫️⚪️ 🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚪️🐸🐸🐸⚪️⚫️⚪️⚪️ 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🔴🔴🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🔴🔴🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 🐸🐸🐸🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • How do you buff exotic armor to match Dire Ahamkara without breaking the game and reducing challenge even more? Starfire Protocol gives you 2 grenade charges and recharges grenades on kills? Vesper of Radius insta-kills everything around you? Geomag Stabilizers extend your chaos reach for as long as you're doing damage? I'm all for buffing some underused exotics, but at their current state, they'd have to make you damned-near invincible to compete.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • [quote]Seriously, look in your vault right now and tell me how many exotics you haven't used since vanilla d2, or since forsaken launched. Cerberus +1 Lucky Pants Oath Keeper ACD/0 Feedback Eye of Another World I could literally spend hours just listing exotics nobody uses, and instead of fixing all these exotics that don't measure up, Bungie is taking the easy route and nerfing the ones that people use the most. I suppose it's easier to make every exotic lackluster then it is to make every exotic fun after the fact.[/quote] I agree, they should definitely fix one eyed mask too lol

Posting in language:

• Most people I feel aren't really looking at the big picture here. It's not about making good exotics equal to bad exotics, v/s making bad exotics equal to good exotics. Destiny has an issue where using certian exotics are making end game content meant to be a challenge not a challenge. Often making encounters that are meant to go through multiple phases end before the first phase has even ended. Status quo means that our load out is set in stone, and LFG groups demand that only these loadouts will be allowed. In order to make the encounters challenging, Bungie has to make the encounters challenging with those loadouts in mind. Making other exotics considered bad even worse. Those without the gear will now be in a worse shape getting a lfg even harder. They could buff up other exotics to also be powerful, but this doesn't help make end game activities challenging. Bungie will only have to make the new activities that much more harder. Bullet sponge enemies, or convaluted mechanics that make DPS time very limited. What they are doing is bringing these few weapons, and armor down a peg to make them not be able to break the encounter. This is the easiest way sure, but also perhaps the right move. There is a downside of this of course. Players do love the power fantasy. You rank up, you gear up, and feel powerful, enemies that was once tough are a pushover. Enemies that were once almost invincable, or taken down, ect. This feeling needs to be kept, but at the same time, end game activities need to be able to be challenging, not just at first, but throughout the life span of that activity. Experience should make the activity easier, not the gear making the activity easier. This is why bring the few things down is likely the better option that bringing the other weapons, and armor up. Because if they then have to buff the encounter to match the gear buffs, you are left feeling no effect of the gear buffs anyway.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • I’m fine with exotics being buffed to make them more desirable but you can’t just repeatedly buff everything up to the level of the top tier exotics because it causes power creep. Items will have to become more and more powerful to be desirable and the game becomes gradually more and more easy thus making new raid/endgame content harder for Bungie to create while maintaining the difficulty.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Make Thorn Great Again

Posting in language:

• You're limited to one per type, their drop rate is atrocious, and there is no duplicate protection. They ought to be worth it. Some are, but most aren't. The game feels like it doesn't reward putting time into it. Grinding gets you nothing but bright engrams. Wowee.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Bungie need to fix bungie before bothering with old exotics. Seems someone at bungie nerfed the work rate and effort stats and forget they did it.

Posting in language:

• I bet 100$/euros Warlock class got most exotic armors that are useless

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Edited by Grazile: 5/21/2019 4:39:07 AM
                        Cerberus is great in pvp for shutting down shotgunners. Oathkeeprs are awesome with monarch. Acd/o ar not to be slept on. Lucky pants are insane with the last word.

Posting in language:

• You kidding? Try cerberus +1 in gambit, its practically god mode with how much it flinchs enemies.

Posting in language:

• Omg Cerberus is one of my favorite guns if it got buffed I would cream. Sadly they’re gonna nerf another fun exotic instead

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • i remember when they started coming out with Exotic Armor Catalysts, guess it was pretty good while it lasted

Posting in language:

• Honesty the one exotic feature is antiquated nonsense. Root cause of Bungie's boring game is the futility of so many great exotics that just collect dust. They need to unlock exotics... enough is enough

Posting in language:

• Nah, it's a waste of time. These guys just don't get it and they never will. They should just abandon the loot based concept completely for D3.

Posting in language:

• Upvote if you hope all the cry babiez quit destiny so the game will be fun again.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Downvoted because you asked for an upvote. Mummy didn't give you enough attention?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon