JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

5/20/2019 6:12:17 PM
Bungie has had more than 5 years to get it right. The community has been extraordinarily lenient and willing to work with them to provide, mostly ignored, feedback. You can only -blam!- up so many times before people lose their shit. Especially with how close they come to getting it only to turn around and take a massive shit on everyone's expectations.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]The community has been extraordinarily lenient and willing to work with them to provide, mostly ignored, feedback.[/quote]That's a laugh. This community is pathetic, and has been after the first Destiny's release. The vitriol this forum spews is terrible, and has only gotten worse with time.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• you should check other game forums (you will be amazed)

Posting in language:

• I was being ironic @cRaZyT101 :)

Posting in language:

• I have, and the ones I've visited aren't anywhere comparable to this.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Yuno: 5/22/2019 11:37:22 AM
    Maybe if bungie made their game good and wasnt still running a live beta test 5 years after release, people wouldn’t be so bitter about the game. This game had potential to be the looter shooter to end all looter shooters, even better than borderlands, but bungie is incompetent and people being a little upset about such a good concept being wasted on a company that refuses to listen to community feedback and learn from their mistakes is pretty reasonable

Posting in language:

• [quote]Maybe if bungie made their game good and wasnt still running a live beta test 5 years after release,[/quote]For what it's worth, I understand there are legitimate issues in Destiny. However, I am discussing the Bnet Destiny community's attitude that has permeated since sometime after the Vault of Glass was opened to be raided. This is more than just people being a "little upset". This community has been toxic for almost the entirety of its lifespan. I'm sure you're more familiar with the community than I am, why don't you list off all the things that got this forum in a fit? I'll help with the recent ones: Nerfs PvP Titles All within the span of a couple months.

Posting in language:

• In all fairness, go on reddit and check it out. Reddit is bungles safe haven. But now they are flooded with backlash posts due to these nerfs happening. Not everybody here is right but most right now have a decent reason to be upset. Its not just the B.net forums.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Reddit is bungles safe haven[/quote]With good reason, which is my point. I'm not arguing that the reasons why people are complaining are invalid, but the way the community is acting and has acted for a long time. The Bnet Destiny community has the reputation of a true dumpster fire of toxicity. Nicknamed the "salt mines". And that's sad.

Posting in language:

• True. But at the same time their are better ways to manage it. Bungie could have done so a long time ago. Its never a good idea to ignore a spreading fire.

Posting in language:

• The community usually just asks for changes, complains about something, or sometimes complements bungie on what they're doing. My point is that sure some people are terrible on here but not everyone. And usually when majority of the community is upset, there's a reason behind it. Other than these nerfs, bungie hasn't been communicating/listening with the community well and some people just aren't satisfied with what bungie is doing or making content wise. People just have had enough of bungie being bungie.

Posting in language:

• Edited by cRaZyT101: 5/21/2019 3:47:03 AM
    The Destiny forum has not changed one bit since Destiny launched. Nerfs to weapons is the current "thing" this community is griping about- albeit something people here have always griped about. People here don't understand the meaning of how to deliver a message. "I'm quitting because Bungie did X!" is childish. "Nerfing X ruins Y!" without even explaining what the nerf is only spreads ignorance. "Upvote to show Bungie X!" does what again? Show Bungje that at most a thousand people out of tens/hundreds of thousands are a little upset? There are valid complaints, I agree. But to say this community has been [i]extraordinarily lenient[/i] is beyond hilarious.

Posting in language:

• There wouldn't be a community at all if we hadn't been lenient. There is no reason this game shouldn't have remained a wasteland after all of the bullshit with D2y1. Had what was left of the community not said "okay" when Bungie said "we're sorry, we'll fix it" Forsaken wouldn't exist.

Posting in language:

• Edited by cRaZyT101: 5/21/2019 9:47:02 AM
    The community is made up of hate, and united by hate. Majority of the topics are complaints, and have been for a long time. And not good complaints, either. Some do provide actual thought-out reasons which are presented in a mature manner, befitting rational thinking. But most? Like I've said, [i]extraordinarily lenient[/i] is funny. Most people just complain about the nerfs, and when someone explains why nerfs are good they're either ignored or insulted. Few people are willing to actually debate the topic, only attack those that happen to disagree.

Posting in language:

• This 👍🏻

Posting in language:

• Agreed.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon