JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by Zer0: 5/20/2019 1:59:49 PM
Bungie's perspective is that we've hit the ceiling of power and they need to nerf the top gear in the game. I'd accept that only if there aren't any other options to create challenging content (I don't). I can accept tuning items, even a nerf here and there, but the sleeper and whisper nerfs leave the weapons with no identity. It would be easier to accept save for the lack of other interesting exotics. I have no attachments to most of the exotics in the game. I am guessing many players might also be in that position, but I can only speak for myself. I want challenging content too. Nerfs are not how I want the challenge delivered or maintained. I do applaud your attempt to put yourself in their shoes.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Dredgen Truth: 5/20/2019 6:54:20 AM
    I mean... the sleeper nerf only applies to the ricochet shots, which were only useful in a niche two activities anyways, and they said that the weapon would be more forgiving on bodyshots, so if anything it sounds like sleeper is getting more of a buff than a nerf.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Zer0: 5/20/2019 3:35:50 PM
    Bounce shots happened to be sleeper's identity, as in the main perk. If it the change winds up being a buff, it wasn't needed. To me its a loss of identity. Whisper supposedly contained the remnants of a god. Now it contains a marginally better version of triple tap. Complete loss of identity. Shards retained its identity so to speak, right? According to Bungie, it has to get another nerf because of either power creep, or to make other exo's compete. An even weaker version of it still doesn't make oath keeper, aeon swift gauntlets, or mechaneers tricksleeves - I can't even continue - these exo's aren't remotely interesting, still wouldn't use them. The other reason is that Shards make supers too frequent, reducing the intended difficulty of content. But chaining supers from your fireteam is still a thing. 5 super mods in armor is still a thing. Master worked weapons are still a thing. Quick supers are still a thing. Not to mention, the whisper mission was my all time favorite content of D2. I did that at LL 380 (385 with the old mod system), and it was challenging. We failed a bunch of times. I loved it. I don't need to face roll in this game to have fun. I am for challenging content. Everything they went after had a significant fun factor over most exotics in this game. The net outcome here is a less interesting vault, and maybe edge cases that are more challenging.

Posting in language:

• I only mentioned sleeper, no need to go off on a tangent, and as much as I can see what you are saying I think the identity of sleeper is much more about being a very slow firing high damage linear fusion. It was one of the first of it's kind and remains one of the best, and that is all the identity it needs. It has been around since destiny one, and since then nobody has really cared about the ricochet, that never needed to be what it was, it just needed to be a dps monster, which it is.

Posting in language:

• I apologize, I assumed the context of the OP without considering your specific criticism of the claim that sleeper has no identity. You are right, I over-stated w.r.t sleeper. About the only time I used sleeper was on Hydra bosses, because of ricochet. Sleeper is really strong, and can do work almost anywhere. But it was king against Hydras, it wasn't king of much else. I guess over time, that became it's identity to me, but that is subjective. - Z

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon