JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

5/20/2019 1:31:03 AM
To be 100% real here. You all know you've been having fun these last 3-5 years, otherwise none of you would still be here.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Actually season of the drifter I have barely played because it's no fun and the stuff that is fun gets nerfed RIP outbreak perfected Ps I'm a day 1 d1 vet and where d2 is right now is complete and utter horse shit

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Plenty of fun stuff hasn't been nerfed Don't get caught up in this forum

Posting in language:

• The stuff that's trash or minor uses next on the nerf list is skullfort synthoceps for armor as a Titan then outbreak I'm not caught up because this has happened since destiny one and as of now when we finally got a power fantasy they are taking it away when it finally felt like classes were different with being supportive and offensive or all around they are forcing them to all play the same again or well not as affective with the support. It's bs and borderlands will not be that way originally I wasn't hyped for it but after this nerf festival I'm excited to play a game that wants us to make their bosses into jokes

Posting in language:

• They are nerfing 3 guns and what 4 armor pieces? Out of a total of 120+ exotics Not that many. Plus we don't know about any buffs that may be coming. I'm asking for a realistic look on this and not a reactionary one.

Posting in language:

• How many exotics are actually powerful? How many are actually fun to use? They are making the nerfed exotics legendaries something similar happened with a gun call black hammer in d1 and guess what it was the exact nerf that whisper is getting you know how obsolete the gun became? Except one shot body shot in pvp do to titan buffs? They only know how to nerf and they want all their bosses to remain a "challenge" they want powerful things but are afraid and dislike bosses turning into weakling yet that's what made d1 so much better is even with a majority of the needs they did guns still powerhouse bosses and they didn't nerf gun because pve became to easy or because bosses became jokes except on two occasions and that was the hammer and horn but still both were functional in respective scenarios like pvp or group of ads what they are doing isn't that it is nerfing the power because bosses were "to weak" here's the thing if a new bosses is a -blam!- right off the back whatever or make him stronger. If old bosses become jokes? Well that's the -blam!-ing point of becoming stronger over -blam!-ing time it's bull shot that nerfing is all they truly can do "correct" and I bet you the exotics you use are only because of power it's because they are the only real good perks

Posting in language:

• [quote]How many exotics are actually powerful? How many are actually fun to use? [/quote] To me? There's plenty Running tractor Canon for any activity is one of my favorite things in destiny. Face tanking the entire enemy team with black talon and stronghold during a gambut match then wiping all of them is incredibly fun Blasting off chaos reaches every 60 seconds, being a super spy with oath keepers and wishender, reflecting golden gun shots with antaeus wards. There's a ton of options out there. Is every gun as strong as pre nerf whisper? Absolutely not and they won't be, and it's impossible for that to happen. But what happens is, and it's something that has annoyed me since D1, is that people here have 0 creativity. It's at a point where if a gun or gear set isn't maximum dps focused it gets completely ignored And to your point of turning them into legendaries Please show me any legendary that will somehow magically out dps whisper or Sleeper or lord of wolves Please find me a legendary that will have your super regenerate at an expedited rate.

Posting in language:

• Time sunk fallacy, too much time and money invested into destiny to leave with out a fight.

Posting in language:

• Addiction my friend, how many times have you said to yourself "why am I playing this shit " while flying into a mercy rule? Then proceed to yell "-blam!- this game is trash " but continue to play 2 more hours?

Posting in language:

• Not once actually I can put the game down And play something else or go outside or something.

Posting in language:

• In the words of devrim "you're in rarefied air my friend ".

Posting in language:

• Yeah I had fun back in D1. It wasn’t the best game but it was pretty fun and I stand by that. D2 though? Ha, no. It was more like me trying to find the fun. I was like “this isn’t fun but I’m going to do it anyways so I can do the raid because maybe that’s fun.” Raid turned out to be no fun, game wasn’t very fun, so I just kept wishing that each DLC was going to be fun. I gave up eventually but I have some friends who are still playing trying to find that fun.

Posting in language:

• Judging by your game history and what you say right here. Why still come to the forums of a game you clearly dislike, from a developer that ruined a fun game for you? Serious question

Posting in language:

• Because he, like many of us, hope that one day things might change. That one day Bungie may make some crazy bold change to their game that ends up being a success. He hopes for a game where he can have fun when he plays, rather than the game feeling like more of a chore to get through. He hopes for the grind being worth every second, as opposed to receiving some exotic gear that ends up being nerfed into the ground on the next update. He, like many of us, just want to see Destiny succeed. Perhaps we just constantly hold on to some mere false hope. Also you would be that a-hole who goes out of their way to dig through someone’s profile just to prove a point.

Posting in language:

• Then Maybe it's time we start being realistic then And to be honest, how does he know that it's not that? Such a thing like fun is subjective. If your only experience is what you're being told you will remain ignorant. I'll be an ass hole, doesn't matter much to me

Posting in language:

• Yes, but the amount of fun is diminishing upon every new DLC

Posting in language:

• Like the super regen from Orpheus Rigs

Posting in language:

• That's what happens when you've put thousands of hours into the same game

Posting in language:

• Actually this is false. Not everyone is having fun, some are playing out of habit and are hanging on to that hope of hoping things will get better. The reason for that? Destiny is the only game they have played in the last 4 years.

Posting in language:

• That just said if destiny is only game they play. I personally can't stick to one game. I guess in the end it's a choice even if it's right or wrong.

Posting in language:

• If you made a poll asking how many gamers only play Destiny, I don't think you would be shocked but a lot would say they have only been playing Destiny since D1 released. Some just don't know how to have an open mind and experience new things, they think Destiny is the only game out there.

Posting in language:

• Well, I do for that group. As an older father with limited time, I found a game I enjoyed (D1). Have stuck with D2 for a few reasons. It is actually fun to me. I enjoy shootin’ shit in the face. It has several options for playstyles, PvE or PvP... The music and graphics are great, the flow and movement is smooth (most of the time). Over all for some of us it really does satisfy our needs. This doesn’t mean it’s the best game ever or flawless. Just simply it is enjoyable. It has enough to do to keep occupied with 4 characters and 2 Clans, so long as you aren’t the type of player that feels the need to finish things as soon as it drops.

Posting in language:

• Oh, I agree that it is fun for some, I was just saying that a lot of gamers play certain games out of habit and are uncomfortable trying new games out if it isn't like the game they have played the most. I do have to disagree with one thing though. When playing D1 vs D2. D1 was smother :)

Posting in language:

• Or I agree with you on the D1 smoothness. Something I think Bungie failed at with D2 is this; when playing Destiny (I came in late and missed the highs and lows) I saw this game that welcomed hardcore players that met up weekly to kick ass in whatever it was they were after. I also saw this game that allowed for people like myself to move at my own pace, while having fun and noticing my progress. As I like to say, Destiny was a casual game not necessarily a game for casuals. With D2 we got a boring, slow and stale start but it was so attractive we stuck with it. We then got some good shit happening, and honestly now that I’m at 700 on all my toons I can again play as I want to without the feeling of chores. Something is missing though.....POWER. I play an Orpheusstalker and I am not Powerful. I rely on (as a solo player) an exotic that boost my ability because otherwise it kinda sucks but it’s how I enjoy playing. The nerfs won’t break it anymore than it is, it will just be a new “challenge” for certain players. Good or bad, we will see soon enough. I encourage us all to give it a shot, it may suck but it may not be so bad. I also encourage others to seek out other games if you are interested. I don’t consider myself a “gamer” and hopefully D2 will stay playable for those like myself.

Posting in language:

• Yep, thats me in a nutshell. I see the potential the game has, but it has never been more obvious than this moment that Bungie still doesnt know what the hell they are doing. D2 was supposed to be bigger, better, more in-depth. Its what they showed in all those pre-launch videos, but definetly not what we got. There is no reason to believe that the history [u]wont[/u] repeat itself with D3. The one thing that Bungie can do right is make an awesome trailer; some real Joseph -blam!- shit. Right now, I am having quite a lot of fun with AC odyssey. It is not the best AC, but it is an amazing RPG with a combat system that (partly) I have always wanted to see for the Destiny franchise.

Posting in language:

• I look at it as Bungie cutting way too many corners because of the lack of manpower working on D2. It actually bothers me that D2 player base paid for this company to work on this game yet Bungie leaves a skeleton crew working on it while they have a good portion of the manpower working on their pathetic Micro IP. There should be a law about crap like this, pushing out a broken product at the released date, making false claims on how they were going to have regular updates fixing things among other things they claimed and they have not been keeping up on their end of the bargain.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon