JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by Spidey: 5/19/2019 9:51:56 AM
Exotic doesn't mean powerful nor was it Bungies intention to make them the answer to the question what you gonna bring to battle. They stated that countless times, even during D1 when they nerfed Icebreaker or Gijallarhorn. Black Spindle, for example, was changed as well and this change should come to no surprise for anyone. Why the gun was introduced the way it was pre-nerf in D1? Who knows. Does it matter in the end? No. Everyone with a brain could see this coming. Same with the super generating exos. They are broken AF and make any other choice obsolete, at least for PvE. They were a mistake in the first place and an auto-win button. Now that is gone we can, maybe, finally have loot worth chasing after because nothing beats infinite ammo or super energy. Excuse the devs for wanting diversity in THEIR game. But obviously everyone here must be a genius at game developing and knows what it takes how to create a fun experience without making them mechanical tedious or bullet spongy to the point of being a braindead run because you must design everything with broken stuff in mind....I'm still waiting.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• You mean unlike the grindathon of the last few seasons?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Exotic has been synonymous with powerful and unique in this series for years, don't try to twist it now

Posting in language:

• Edited by Spidey: 5/21/2019 8:22:42 PM
    Unique doesn't automatically mean extremely powerful. Hardlight never was for instance. While some are, this was never the actual intention. Icebreaker and Ballerhorn got hit very hard because of it. Sometimes tgey simply overthink the power of some items.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Exotic doesn't mean powerful nor was it Bungies intention to make them the answer to the question what you gonna bring to battle. They stated that countless times, even during D1 when they nerfed Icebreaker or Gijallarhorn. Black Spindle, for example, was changed as well and this change should come to no surprise for anyone. Why the gun was introduced the way it was pre-nerf in D1? Who knows. Does it matter in the end? No. Everyone with a brain could see this coming. Same with the super generating exos. They are broken AF and make any other choice obsolete, at least for PvE. They were a mistake in the first place and an auto-win button. Now that is gone we can, maybe, finally have loot worth chasing after because nothing beats infinite ammo or super energy. Excuse the devs for wanting diversity in THEIR game. But obviously everyone here must be a genius at game developing and knows what it takes how to create a fun experience without making them mechanical tedious or bullet spongy to the point of being a braindead run because you must design everything with broken stuff in mind....I'm still waiting.[/quote] [i]WotW was introduced pre nerfed because titans rally barrier and one of warlocks boots give legendary snipers a much more powerful effect making th whisper both useless and not unique, the point of exotics. And the way to add diversity into THEIR game and make it not a tedious bullet sponge shooter is to bring up those lesser wanted and honestly useless exotics. By nerfing like they are all they're achieving is making people use the same gun but with less fun. And thus lowering the playerbase[/i]

Posting in language:

• what ya waitin for princess

Posting in language:

• 🤦🏾‍♂️ Exotics are exactly that. They are suppose to be powerful. Thats why we can only equip 1. And why bring back an exotic like WotW with the exact same problem that lead to its nerf in D1 and not think that people would be pissed if it was nerfed? Before long, Outbreak Perfected, Recluse, Mountaintop along with others will be nerfed and then what? All they are doing is moving the goal post to give an illusion of challenge when actually nothing in this game is challenging. Its always been dunk this ball, stand on this plate, damage phase of boss standing around while we dump bullets into it, rinse and repeat. There is nothing imaginative about that.

Posting in language:

• Edited by ScotchEggsRule: 5/19/2019 5:22:49 PM
    Yaaay! A looter shooter with average loot. You're clearly a genius... Opinions are like assholes and yours stinks.

Posting in language:

• I get what your saying dude but they definitely need to make exotics that aren't super regens more viable .. like ophida spathe it was useless untill blade barrage now it has place .. I like ability exotics .. lucky rasberry .. but the super regens definitely needed to be toned down

Posting in language:

• "Excuse the devs for wanting diversity in THEIR game. But obviously everyone here must be a genius at game developing and knows what it takes how to create a fun experience without making them mechanical tedious or bullet spongy to the point of being a braindead run because you must design everything with broken stuff in mind....I'm still waiting." Exotic does mean powerful though, look at the first games Exotic weapons compared to Destiny 2s. If weapons behaving differently compared to Legendaries was what they are going for why even make the destination between 'Common', 'Rare', 'Legendary' and 'exotic'? Why can every other Looter Shooter that came after Destiny 1 see this Language and use this exact same Logic and implement it in their games? Look at Assassins Creed, The Division, Boarderlands as examples. to say Exotics dont mean powerful is Ignorance. Its bad game design if Bungie are having issues being able to design encounters without factoring the strength of the tools in their Sandbox. Look at how many Boss's Destiny have that stomp to push players away from close counters. A really shallow way of forcing players to play a certain way. The only reason Exotics are powerful is to entice players to use them for a short sense of enjoyment with the weapon, the nerf comes and then we go to the next weapon when it comes out. I think Gjallarhorn was Bungies first realization on this loop they created. maybe the issue is that Bungie might just underestimate how we use the tools they give us. If Diverse weapons and gear is what they was going for why dont they just bring under-used weapons up? We not might be genius at game development but games & the industry have become open and bare-all, we understand games alot more than simply just enjoying them.

Posting in language:

• They released it pre D1 nerf, to suck people back in. Just like the broken Prometheus Lens was releases broken. All done to suck us back in and drive numbers up. Anyone who thinks different is in denial and kidding themselves.

Posting in language:

• Why the gun was introduced the way it was pre-nerf in D1? Who knows. Well I think they should also bring back Ghorn (pre-nerf). They didn't learn anything when they brought back Whisper so why not not give us Ghorn. Let the people that didn't play D1 know it's power, or those that never got it, or got it after it was nerfed. That thing was just awesome as -blam!-. Make it a quest...something simple like 1) log into destiny. 2) play the game for 1 hour. 3) match into 1 game in the crucible, then quit when it starts. 4) play the game again until you get an error code and kicked. 5) get killed by the architects. 6) visit the postmaster to collect your ghorn. (side note) steps 3 thru 5 do not count toward your progress if any of those happen in step 2.

Posting in language:

• The loot worth chasing is all about to get nerfed. There's no point playing a looter shooter if all the loot is meh.

Posting in language:

• Edited by CaptBrainBucket: 5/19/2019 2:18:52 PM
    It is their game. And honestly, the next dlc/annual pass/new game drop they can keep. They are proving to me that whatever they do just isn’t worth my money. Because we have seen it for 7 years now. Awesome weapon/armor is released, work your -blam!- off to get it, just for bungie to nerf it into something slightly better/if not worse than something you already have. Making the time and effort for said weapon/armor not worth it. Thanks but no thanks. The only point you make that I agree with is super generating exotics. I don’t think they should have been in the game to begin with... BUT bungie made their choice, we the players didn’t put them in the game, and this is what they get for that choice. Because ignorance is bliss, if you never have it, you can’t miss it.

Posting in language:

• Is it really THEIR game tho?

Posting in language:

• ip is theres your an idiot.

Posting in language:

• "Ip" It? "your" You're? Calls someone else an idiot...oh the irony.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Website Offline: 5/19/2019 8:05:46 PM
    aw darn someone already said it. BRING IN THE DANCIN' LOBSTERS

Posting in language:

• Ip is intellectual property sorry for not using the correct word. Was being quick not worried about spelling as you understand.

Posting in language:

• Ip is? Ip really really is? Get -blam!-ed

Posting in language:

• It is. But we’re not under any obligation to buy it or play it. Just ask [i]Law Breakers [/i] or [i]Battleborn.[/i]

Posting in language:

• Yeah I get it. It just feels like we put so much in we should have more of a say in how the game progresses. I suppose it simply comes down to Bungie does a horrible job of acting on what the community wants.

Posting in language:

• You suppose correctly, Guardian.

Posting in language:

• i am dumbfounded by this. just amazing wow

Posting in language:

• Edited by Hail2ThaChiefs: 5/19/2019 12:12:30 PM
    Exotic doesnt mean powerful? Do you ride the short bus or what? An exotic is supposed to be my go to because I feel powerful when equipped. Stop trying to make make excuses and back Bungie at their F up. Nothing in this game is an auto-win by the way. But if you complete the harder activities, you should get or have a chance at the best, most destructive weapons. The formula on what worked is already there. If you keep bashin your head into a wall, eventually its gonna give. If you want a challenge, try finding a fireteam in Anthem, sounds like your type of game. You can wait till your hearts content.

Posting in language:

• lol you want an easy game with things handed to you? you want armors that make supers a constant just look at ep 9 guardians back in the day lmao yesterday got to round 6 with 3 guys 2 oph hunters and one dire warlock... we had not stop supers and when more people showed up for round 7 we literally did 3 more rounds of 6 and 7 with non stop supers and the boss being melted in a minute. YES there is a -blam!-ing issues... so for your loss you bunch of -blam!-ing unadaptable whiney babies.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon