JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: CONGRATS!! You just won...
5/19/2019 8:38:59 AM
The level of whining is astounding. There is no excuse to be throwing this much of a tantrum. They're just nerfs, i guess we know who the real crybabies are, and it definitely ain't the pvp community. [spoiler]plus cars depreciate in value like crazy, and your analogy is half assed.[/spoiler]
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• So we're not allowed to complain but you are? Double standards are strong in you.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• This is probably the dumbest argument, so if i point out how sensitive the community is being right now does that make me sensitive too? The whole "no you" thing is played out, and you'd think one of ya'll would actually come up with something different instead of, "you're complaining that I'm complaining !!!" Doesn't that mean that you're whining that I'm whining because the community is whining? See how dumb it is now?

Posting in language:

• It’s called a straw man. The vestige of every non-argument. I should have known better than to waste my time.

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/22/2019 1:59:32 PM
    To be honest, I was just being a dick to him. It's kinda like a way to let him know that his argument is stupid. Anyways, what is you're argument?

Posting in language:

• Simple. People are disillusioned with Destiny (rightly or not) and have decided to rally against it. That’s fine. But what I disagree with is that they can now do no right in many people’s eyes and anything that gives the tiniest window for criticism is bombarded with hyperbolic vitriol. It’s completely unhelpful and serves no purpose. Here’s why: If you are done with the game, that’s your choice, leave and be done with it. Don’t linger on the forums and try to tell everyone else the game is terrible and Bungie is the devil. If you love the game but don’t agree with certain decisions, voice them in a way that isn’t so inflammatory and try to understand that the creator still retains the rights to any decision in game and try to reasonably differentiate between something that is unfair/game breaking/immoral and something that is a part of a rebalance with the intention of making the game a better experience. Essentially what it comes down to is an imbalance of action to reaction. All the best.

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/22/2019 5:24:51 PM
    The creator has to know what he/she is doing for them to make a game how they want and still have a large amount of people playing. Bungie seems somewhat conflicted in what this game is supposed to be. To a player, that can be infuriating because stuff like this should've been resolved in development, not in the middle of the game's life cycle. And that's just putting it lightly. There are a LOT of issue that have yet to be resolved, that should've been addressed with this TWAB. Instead we got a list of nerfs that appeared out of nowhere. This should NOT have been on the twab. It was just going to piss of the community, which it did. Hell, some people may not have had the chance to obtain some of these exotics. And look. They're nerfed.

Posting in language:

• I 100% agree that the game has an identity crisis. You’re absolutely spot on with that assessment but the [i]reason[/i] for that is because of complaints like these. The reason it has an identity crisis is because the player base doesn’t agree on what the game should be so every time they listen to one subset of people the upset another. Hence, no one is happy. This is why the developer should be respected to make their own decisions at least that way the game can be pulled in a cohesive direction.

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/22/2019 7:24:37 PM
    That's why it's so important to form the game's identity beforehand. Otherwise the game's going to struggle like itis now. Community up in arms against each other over conflicting visions, toxic posts flaming a certain groups like casuals and hardcore gamers. All of this could've been prevented, if Destiny stayed the SAME Destiny as it was before. But NOPE. Gotta reboot the franchise. Lean to far towards one group of gamers instead of consistently reaching for the middle ground. Edit: When has it ever been a middle ground in Destiny? They were close near the end of Y3 but it completely went downhill from there.

Posting in language:

• I think most of us can agree that D1 Y3 was a good spot for the franchise. I do think launching D2 as a casual game was a mistake but I think there has always been a disagreement between PvE and PvP players. The simple fact is that Bungie are now damned if they do and damned if they don’t and in my personal opinion, the best course of action now is to focus on making a game based on their vision and not on whoever shouts the loudest.

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/22/2019 9:02:12 PM
    It was never about shouting the loudest. We're just trying to get the message across. We want to see this game thrive, not burn. But I do agree that some people may take things a little too far.

Posting in language:

• Well if that’s the case I feel there are more constructive ways to do so. The recent knee jerk reactions to nerfs, just with anything else, are totally blown out of proportion and only contribute a negative atmosphere that is likely to either be ignored or worse, obfuscate the voices expressing good ideas. Things like enhancement cores; the issue isn’t “being addressed” because Bungie don’t want to change it right now. That gets translated into “Bungie are lazy/incompetent/intentionally sabotaging their own game”. Now, whether we agree on the current EH economy aside, do you think that’s an appropriate response if you want the game to thrive?

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/22/2019 9:23:20 PM
    it's been 9 months since the changes to economy were implemented. All the while, people have been tell bungie that they don't like it. How's that look to a consumer when the next big thing you see is a list of nerfs?

Posting in language:

• Sure and during that time Bungie have a few compromises; making them more available, changing the name to reflect their purpose (lol), introducing scrapper bounties etc. But they haven’t abolished them in the way that roughly 500 people on the forums demand and for that they are treated with disrespect. The fact is that, you may not like the EH economy or the nerfs or whatever it might be but that doesn’t mean you’re automatically entitled to have it changed to the way you want it and the point is that these matters are relatively small but treated by some as a massive issue which means constructive feedback goes amiss. More pertinent issue are lack of loot, inconsistent direction, lazy quest design (fetchquests, eurgh) but these aren’t addressed or even spoken about because we instead have to revisit irrelevant topics and treat them as if they are an almighty injustice.

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/22/2019 10:49:26 PM
    Okay. Tell me what the core economy does besides throttle your progression.

Posting in language:

• Again, you’re missing the point. I’m not even arguing in favour of enhancement cores. I’m contesting the attitude towards them.

Posting in language:

• What attitude? We're just bringing up stuff for bungie to look at and go "hmmm. maybe we should look at this a little more."

Posting in language:

• Well, you might be but it’s disingenuous to imply that’s how most people on this forum respond.

Posting in language:

• Edited by l lyper Lethal: 5/23/2019 11:08:31 AM
    Well, people are pissed. And justly so. It appears as if Bungie isn't listening to us. That gets old real fast.

Posting in language:

• I fear this conversation is becoming cyclical so I will leave it there. Good chatting with you. All the best.

Posting in language:

• Well, at least you weren't like the other people who'd give you the "YoU'Re WhInInG" crap.

Posting in language:

• I'm not whining. I'm making a point.

Posting in language:

• "They're just nerfs" yes, they are, but now WoTW is completely outclassed by almost every other weapon in heavy slot.

Posting in language:

• I agree 💯, so tell us all : WHY ARE YOU WHINING?

Posting in language:

• Hypocrite. Whining about other people. You lost any credibility when you started off with a whine. If your so pro nerf then go away and play your game wearing blue equipment because that's what the game will be like.

Posting in language:

• Shell

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon