JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
We are actively investigating issues impacting all Destiny services. Until resolved, some Destiny and Bungie.net services may experience disruptions. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by O09M: 4/9/2019 9:12:01 PM

A Reward System QOL Idea. Constructive Discussion Bungie

If anyone at Bungie sees this, I just ask that a discussion starts about rewards and their impact on quality of life in game. My issue is that rewards do not match lower tier activities. For example I can run a lost sector and for the most part get the same reward as if I were doing a patrol, or finding a chest, or a public event. The rewards feel the same across the board and when I put more time into an activity that is more difficult and time consuming those rewards feel flat and disappointing, thus taking away from the game play experience. Would it be too much to consider a tiered reward system that truly rewards time and difficulty? For example lets rank activities and rewards (ranks subject to change in importance, this is just for an example): Tier 1 Patrol Reward: materials and glimmer Tier 2 Chest Reward: 2x materials and glimmer Tier 3 High Value Target/Escapee Reward: 3-4x mats/glimmer a rare engram or a chance at legendary, a bounty Tier 4 Public Event Reward: Chances at 5x mats/glimmer, or engrams (rare and legendary) with glimmer, bounty. *Heroic could be on a sub-level of rewards of those in the top tier. Tier 5 Lost Sector Reward: Larger amounts of Mats/Glimmer with one or more of a chance of a combination of these things: Legendaries, Consumable Tokens, Enhancement Cores, Mod Components, bounty and maybe Legendary Shards. This would be a HUGE QOL improvement that would go a long ways to benefiting players time and give some relief to the strain that is currently on the infusion/masterwork economy. Something like this would make patrolling the open worlds more fun and worthwhile as well. If a player could hit some higher tier activies and build a bank of resources quicker as well as having a fair avenue towards more rare items like cores and mod components, then we could spend more time in other main in game activites. My example above isn't perfect and maybe the order or rewards could be tweeked and changed around some, but my point is just matching reward to difficulty, making all activities worhwhile for the time and effort put into them. I know that making the game better in both big and small ways is one of Bungies goals and A LOT of great changes have been made to D2 since it first dropped, so any discussion/attention to this topic would most likely be welcome and appreciated by many I assume.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon