JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in:Bungie Firearms Group
3/8/2017 8:18:52 PM
Main thing for concealed carry, is how do you like the gun. I like glocks a lot, but maybe you don't. My dad's buddy used a glock 17 for years, it was stolen & he decided to try a newer model, it was a glock 20 something, sorry I do not remember which model exactly, but slide would come back & tear the skin on his hand. So find a range that rents them or a buddy that has that gun & run some rounds through your choices. Does it feel good? Are you accurate? Do your pants hit the floor, lol? Does the gun make you want to shoot it? Also, ammo capacity is smart. Unless you are running several thousand rounds a month through the gun & practicing for high stress situations, when you first go to push that gun out in front of you, you are likely to miss your target. More rounds, more opportunity to strike. On another note, do not ask the salesman for his suggestions, he will either give you his personal carry choice or whatever gun he needs to move or will get the best commision off of. I had a saleman tell my wife that women should only carry revolvers. My wife is a better shot than I am & she can handle shooting a 1911 .45, she just does not like them.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Understood. I went out yesterday and held the Sig p320 sc I was mentioning. I liked how it felt in the hand a lot. Felt good to hold but I still need to shoot it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who owns one and you can't really test out guns around where I live. I'll just have to get it lol

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You do not have range that rents them by the hour? I know a lot of them are doing that these days. If not & you are close to a major metropolitan area, it may be worth it to check out the ranges there & go have a day of target destroying mayhem & some good bbq, lol!

Posting in language:

• I'll have to look into it, but I'm not aware of any place around here that does :(

Posting in language:

• That would suck! I hope you can find one. I hate buying a handgun blind. I mean, the amount of money you invest & you can't even test drive it, just seems stupid. I think that is why you see half the negative reviews on some of the guns, it just was not right for them.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon