JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
Edited by guitarjammer00: 4/18/2016 10:35:13 PM

New subclasses for Destiny 2

I am thinking that since they are going to be making a new game, that they should add some new armor, race of enemy, guns of course, but what about new subclasses? Personally, there should be a subclass that is based upon ice. Since arc powers are made off of positive energy, there is the negative energy known as the void. Then there is solar/fire, then what about ice, it is the antithesis of fire just like arc is to void. So the warlock can conjure thing up like "ice guardians" which are like one or two helpers to fight alongside you, while giving you increased armor and damage. It will also hide your username in PvP so they won't be able to tell. Then they will have a grenade that freezes, and shatters enemies that the grenade touches directly. The hunter can have a new type of trip mine, which is kind of like an ice nail bomb, which explodes and kills an enemy in very close proximity, while slowing and slightly damaging others in not so close proximity. The super for the hunter will make him super fast with a "shattering" melee. Although I have no ideas for the titans, please suggest some, and make any improvements necessary. ~Guitarjammer00
English
#Destiny #Classes

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Well I'm positive that there will be arc, void, and solar again...just redesigned subclasses. From the leaked art (photos from bungie) the solar subclasses will be hunter: flaming spear warlock: flaming sword with wings titan: flaming sheild

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Errorz1926: 4/24/2017 2:58:05 PM
    So i think they will probably give us each two subclasses to start and release a third for each class in DLC like they did with the first game. I think the three types will be Time, Dark and Ice. The Grimoire talk about the followers of Yur looking into hive power, Dark; Osiris is investigating the Vex, Time; and Ice to complement Solar from the first game. I think Hunters will get Time and Dark first. Warlocks will get Dark and Ice and Titans Time and Ice. I think all the classes will get their third subclass with the first DLC rather than a later one. The general idea this time is we dont have access to the traveler's light so we need to find alternate sources of power.

Posting in language:

• Just give me a Titan who can specialize in energy projection. Particularly optic blasts similar to what has been done with cyclops on the x-men. Super should be trigger sensitive: buttons cab be held down for increased durations. Also a chargeable wide devastation variant for those pesky Majors/ Ultra bosses.

Posting in language:

• According to this article, there may be three new subclasses in Destiny 2. My guess is that they are either going reform all of the classes for the game, or have reworked original subclasses with three new ones also. If they were to add 3 new classes, they might also be adding new elements and light types into the game. My guess is if they add three, they would make them earth, ice/water, and then possibly light. I don't know though, these are just my ideas. It also says the classes will be reworked, so this is going to make it interesting. All I know this is that I am looking forward to finding out what is going to happen.

Posting in language:

• No more 3 class, 3 subclasses per class. It's all about single, seperate classes. Think of Norse by the time you see this text

Posting in language:

• Why not a Lava based subclass you unlock on the nplanet Venus I hope destiny 2 lets us go to the outer planets

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • I agree on that all the way.

Posting in language:

• Yeah but that would be too many shields and weapons. I'd say make combo classes. More customization. Flame void Titian subclass

Posting in language:

• I like the ice subclass idea. I'm thinking a name like "cryo" could work as a cool name. I think the warlock should shoot a wave of deep freezing cold in a cone that completely freezes enemies in place. Enemies hit while frozen take precision damage and shatters when killed. The range would be similar to the shock range of storm callers. The Titans should crystallize in ice ,like an ice armor, and gain a greatly reduced melee regen, agility increase and armor increase. They would be the ultimate tank/puncher. Hunters would throw a spear of ice and create a cryogenic explosion that shatters enemys. I also think each class could have a subclass involving cosmic radiation. It would act like the "poison" type element in RPGs. I could envision a neon green glow as its color

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • I'm noticing some visual clues that suggest to me that the next subclass will deal with poison. Take for instance the Spectrum Theory emblem...it's pentagonal with segments colored yellow (solar), purple (void), blue (arc), green (poison?) and a blank segment... Every time we encounter green in this game, poison is involved, i.e. Supplicants, Thorn, etc.

Posting in language:

• Here's something I made a while back: Hunter Subclass: [b][i]Icerider[/i][/b] [u]Grenades:[/u] -Blizzard Grenade: Creates a snowstorm with DoT and slowing effects -Aurora Grenade: Like a flashbang crossed with a spike grenade -Coolant Grenade: Damages enemies and reduces cooldowns for allies Jumps: Same [u]Super:[/u] Sleigh Ride: Slide around on a frozen sleigh, creating icy terrain while shooting ice needle projectiles at enemies [u]Upgrades:[/u] -Permafrost: Icy terrain slows enemies, wider trail -Hailstorm: Surround yourself in a flurry of ice needles with RT -Piercing Cold: Ice needles can be charged to deal more damage and pierce through targets [u]Melee:[/u] Frostbite: Slows enemies [u]Upgrades:[/u] -Cryogenic: Frostbite has increased effect and duration, +1 armor -Hypothermia: Enemies with frostbite take DoT and deal less melee damage -Icicle: Frostbite can be used as a throwing knife, but cannot be thrown far before melting Stat Upgrades 1: Same [u]Misc Perks 1:[/u] -Ice Skates: Move faster when running on your ice trail or using sleigh ride, slide further -Cold Front: Blizzard grenades and hailstorm have larger radiuses and last longer, Frostbite gains knockback -Hibernation: Crouching grants damage resistance and faster recovery for 10 seconds, 30 second cooldown, +1 Recovery Stat Upgrades 2: Same [u]Misc Perks 2:[/u] -Freeze Dried: When hit with grenades, guardians lose ammo and grenade charge, minions of the darkness shoot and use abilities less -Silent Night: Standing in your grenade's blast turns you invisible -Absolute Zero: Abilities charge more quickly when super is not charged, Held weapon may automatically reload at low health "Paths": AoE/Crowd Control, Bulky Hard-Hitter, Silent and Quick

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon