Legacy Support for Destiny 1 Silver and Eververse
Destiny 1 will no longer receive planned game updates or content. Destiny 1 content through Destiny: Rise of Iron will continue to be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. Additionally, players will continue to have access to the Eververse Trading Co. storefront and the ability to purchase Silver. Please see below for more details on purchasing Silver and Eververse Items in Destiny 1.
|PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles:
The information on this page is only valid for Destiny on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Consoles. For information on Destiny: The Taken King on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles, please see the Destiny 1 on Legacy Consoles Guide
Table of Contents
Players are able to purchase Silver for use in Destiny 1 through the below methods.
- Eververse Storefront: Players can use the in-game "Buy Silver" button in the Eververse Trading Co. storefront to purchase Silver
- PSN Store: Players can purchase Silver Add-Ons for the PlayStation 4 from the PSN Store on consoles or web browsers
- Xbox Marketplace: Players can purchase Silver Add-Ons for the Xbox One from the Xbox Marketplace on consoles or web browsers
- Silver Cards: Players can purchase Silver Cards from retailers and redeem them using the appropriate console store
Back to Top
Troubleshooting Issues with Silver
Players that encounter issues when attempting to purchase Silver on their account should try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Wait Up to 30 Seconds: Allow for up to 30 seconds to pass to see if the Silver amount is added to the account.
- Re-launch Destiny: If the Silver is not added to the account after the time has passed, log out of Destiny and then log back into any character. A successful Silver purchase should present players with a notification upon logging back into a character. If the notification does not appear, check the current Silver balance from the Character Inventory screen.
- Sign Out of Console Account: If the Silver balance does not reflect the purchased Silver amount, please close Destiny and completely log out of PSN or Xbox account. It may also be advisable to clear the console cache. After logging back into Destiny, please check for a notification of a successful Silver purchase or check the Silver balance in the Character Inventory screen.
- Check for Successful Transaction: If the Silver balance still does not reflect the purchased Silver amount, please ensure that the transaction shows as successfully completed according to the PSN Store or Xbox Marketplace.
- Contact Platform Support: If the purchase shows as successful, please contact PlayStation Support or Xbox Support to investigate potential issues with the transaction.
Back to Top
Silver Cannot be Transferred or Refunded
Silver purchased for Destiny 1 cannot be refunded or transferred to Destiny 2 or another Destiny 1 account.
- Account Migration: The Account Migration process will not import any Silver balance or Eververse purchase history data into Destiny 2. For more information, please see the Account Migration portion of the Legacy Support Guide for Destiny 1.
- Purchasing Silver Bundles: When purchasing Silver bundles from the PSN Store or Xbox Marketplace, players should ensure that they are purchasing the correct Destiny 1 Silver bundle on the intended Destiny account.
- Silver Refunds: Silver cannot be refunded in any Destiny game.
Back to Top
Eververse Items are available for purchase using Silver from an Eververse Trading Co. storefront. Additionally, some Eververse Items are available to be earned through gameplay. Below is a list of Vital Information players may need to know about Eververse Items.
- Earning Through Gameplay: Players that complete certain activities can earn Eververse Items. Activities that grant guaranteed Eververse Items for completing the activity will display the potential Eververse Item reward in the activity tooltip.
- Previewing Eververse Items: Players can use the Preview Item option on most Eververse Items to see the possible rewards of a Mystery Bag or Consumable item, to see how a particular Emote or Item will appear, or to preview the effects or sounds of other cosmetic items such as Sparrow Horns.
- Duplicate Items: Some items, such as Mystery Bags or Ornaments, can be purchased or acquired multiple times. Other items, such as Emotes or Sparrows, can only be purchased or acquired once because they unlock the Eververse License for the item on the player's account.
- Opening Mystery Bags: After purchase, the Treasure of Ages Mystery Bag item can be found in the Consumable section of the Character Inventory and opened at the player's discretion or transferred using the Vault to an alternate Character on the same account.
- Postmaster Overflow: If the Character Inventory is full when opening a Mystery Bag, the overflow items will be sent to the Postmaster and may be cycled out of the Postmaster Inventory as more items are sent to the Postmaster. It is highly recommended to always retrieve items received from a Mystery Bag from the Postmaster as soon as they are opened or to always ensure that each Character has sufficient space in their Inventory.
- Ineligible for Returns: Mystery Bag items are ineligible for Eververse Item Returns. All purchases of Mystery Bag items are final. Additionally any items received from a Mystery Bag item are also ineligible for Eververse Item Returns.
- Already Owned Items: Items for which the players already own the Eververse Licenses may not appear greyed out when previewing the contents of Treasure of the Ages. When highlighted with the cursor, the item should show the "Already Owned" banner on the item tooltip.
- Infusible Gear: The Treasure of Ages can grant players Armor or other gear. All infusible gear gained from a Treasure of Ages will be at Light Level 3, but may be infused up to the maximum Light Level. Armor from the Treasure of Ages will match the Class of the Character that opened the Mystery Bag.
- Ship Icons: The icons for the "Order Theory" and "Needle and Thread" Ships do not match their actual appearances. Players can use the Preview Item option to see the actual appearance of these Ships.
Back to Top
Silver Dust Items
Silver Dust is an in-game currency that is generally acquired by opening or dismantling Eververse Items. Silver Dust can be used at the Silver Dust Store to purchase Silver Dust Items. Below is a list of Vital Information players may need to know about Silver Dust and Silver Dust Items.
- No Direct Purchase: Silver Dust cannot be purchased directly from Eververse Trading Co. and cannot be traded in for Silver or for in-game currencies.
- Account Bound: Silver Dust is bound to the account that acquired the Silver Dust and cannot be transferred or gifted. Silver Dust and items purchased with Silver Dust cannot be shared between accounts by platform license sharing features.
- Transferable Between Characters: Unlike Silver or Glimmer, the Silver Dust currency is stored in the Ornaments section of a Character's Inventory. As such, it is not automatically shared between Characters, but can be placed in the Vault and transferred between Characters on an account.
- Silver Dust Store: The Silver Dust Store is located between the Eververse Trading Co. storefront and the Postmaster in the Tower.
- Purchasing Silver Dust Items: Players can purchase a wide variety of items from the Silver Dust Store using Silver Dust. Players must have sufficient Silver Dust currency on their Character to purchase their desired Silver Dust item.
- Earning Through Gameplay: Some Silver Dust or Silver Dust Items can be earned through gameplay. If an item can be dismantled into Silver Dust, the item tooltip will list the amount of Silver Dust that a player will gain upon dismantling the item.
- Previewing Items: Players can use the Preview Item option on most Silver Dust Items to see the possible rewards of a Mystery Bag or Consumable item, to see how a particular Item will appear, or to preview the effects or sounds of other cosmetic items such as Sparrow Horns.
- Ineligible for Item Returns: Silver Dust cannot be refunded or returned. Additionally, Silver Dust Items are NOT eligible for the Eververse Item Return process.
Back to Top
Recovering Silver Dust and Eververse Items
Some of the Eververse Items available for purchase from Eververse Trading Co. storefront or the Silver Dust Store are eligible to recovered if discarded or dismantled. For information on which items are eligible for recovery and how to recover an Eververse item, please see below.
- Item Collections: Eververse and Silver Dust Items can be recovered from their respective Item Collections located in the Tower.
- Must Own Eververse License: Players must own the licenses for an Eververse Items to be able to access the item using the Item Collections. Players that do not own the licenses for an Eververse Item will see the "Requires Eververse License" message in the item tooltip in the Item Collection.
- Items Cannot Have Been Returned: Eververse Items that were returned using an Eververse Item Return cannot be recovered until the Item has been fully purchased from Eververse Trading Co. Please note: Returning an item does not automatically remove it from a Character's Inventory or equipped slots. Players will need to "Stow" the item to remove it from their Inventory.
- Can Only Hold One at a Time: Items from the Emote, Holiday, Ship, and Sparrow Collections can only be reacquired if the player does not already have that item in their Inventory. If a player does already have the item in their Inventory, the item will be grayed out and the "Can Only Hold One at a Time" message will be displayed in the item tooltip.
Back to Top
Silver and Eververse on Legacy Consoles
Any changes to the Eververse Trading Co. offerings or mechanics introduced after the release of Destiny Update 220.127.116.11 are not available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles. For more information, please see the Destiny 1 on Legacy Consoles Guide
- Silver Dust and the Silver Dust store are not available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles.
- The Holiday Item Collection and the addition of Sparrow Horns to the Sparrow Collection were introduced with Update 2.4.1 which is not available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles.
Legacy Support Guide for Destiny 1
IMPORTANT NOTE: The availability of Destiny 1 content may be subject to change based on implementation and stability. To stay up to date, please follow @BungieHelp on Twitter. Additional information may be available through our Destiny News and Game Updates pages.