JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

フォーラム

オリジナルの投稿元: Ay yo what the fvck
7/14/2019 3:53:28 AM
Servers are having issues right now that isnt bungies fault, you need to relax.
English

投稿言語:

キャンセル 編集 マナーを守りましょう。投稿する前に、Bungie の行為規範を確認してください。 ファイアチームを作る 投稿

• Lol it's bungie's fault

投稿言語:

• It is bungie's fault.

投稿言語:

• But... aren’t the servers Bungie’s responsibility. I’m so confused.

投稿言語:

• I think he means that they didn't intend for the issues.

投稿言語:

• Corrick IIにより編集済み: 7/14/2019 4:20:21 AM
    Nobody ever does but they set up and maintain the architecture so it’s their responsibility to fix it.

投稿言語:

• And at this time they had already begun fixing it so whining on the forums isnt gonna change anything.

投稿言語:

• [quote]Servers are having issues right now that isnt bungies fault, you need to relax.[/quote] So let me get this straight : In your mind the people who purchase, set up, install software on, and maintain the servers aren’t responsible for the servers?

投稿言語:

• Never said they werent responsible, I said servers malfunctioning isnt their fault, if they dont fix it then by all means its their fault and you can rightly be mad, but to insult bungie and berate them like children the moment something goes wrong is ridiculous, when things break it takes time to fix, they dont have a magic wand that makes everything better. There are plenty of things bungie screws up that deserve to be pointed out, but things malfunctioning that they didnt intend for that they are fixing is not one of them.

投稿言語:

• [quote]Never said they werent responsible, I said servers malfunctioning isnt their fault, if they dont fix it then by all means its their fault and you can rightly be mad, but to insult bungie and berate them like children the moment something goes wrong is ridiculous, when things break it takes time to fix, they dont have a magic wand that makes everything better. There are plenty of things bungie screws up that deserve to be pointed out, but things malfunctioning that they didnt intend for that they are fixing is not one of them.[/quote] The only time servers malfunction is when the person maintaining them screws up. Hardware failure wasn’t the problem.

投稿言語:

• [quote]The only time servers malfunction is when the person maintaining them screws up.[/quote] That is not entirely true. Like all electronics, they can fail without human errors. I am not saying Bungie reps didn't mess this up. I am just saying servers can malfunction and it not be anyone's fault.

投稿言語:

• [quote][quote]The only time servers malfunction is when the person maintaining them screws up.[/quote] That is not entirely true. Like all electronics, they can fail without human errors. I am not saying Bungie reps didn't mess this up. I am just saying servers can malfunction and it not be anyone's fault.[/quote] Only in the case of hardware failure, which this wasn’t. I

投稿言語:

• [quote]Only in the case of hardware failure, which this wasn’t.[/quote] Sorry, but you are wrong. I have seen too many times RAM memory fail without human error and only 1 chip out of a stick of 4. I have seen server ports go down or start taking errors when nobody touched them. Electronics can simply wear out as a whole circuit board or just 1 resistor or diode. It is not always an error a human made. My point is, people should not jump to conclusions and be patient. Things happen. Nobody and nothing is perfect. This is not the end of the world. Bungie is probably investigating it the best they can on a weekend. This is not like a machine that controls life support.

投稿言語:

• [quote][quote]Only in the case of hardware failure, which this wasn’t.[/quote] Sorry, but you are wrong. I have seen too many times RAM memory fail without human error and only 1 chip out of a stick of 4. I have seen server ports go down or start taking errors when nobody touched them. Electronics can simply wear out as a whole circuit board or just 1 resistor or diode. It is not always an error a human made. My point is, people should not jump to conclusions and be patient. Things happen. Nobody and nothing is perfect. This is not the end of the world. Bungie is probably investigating it the best they can on a weekend. This is not like a machine that controls life support.[/quote] It’s not hardware failure. Hardware failure would cause the server to become unreachable. That isn’t what is happening, it’s software.

投稿言語:

• DarthZmanにより編集済み: 7/15/2019 3:07:43 AM
    [quote]It’s not hardware failure. Hardware failure would cause the server to become unreachable. That isn’t what is happening, it’s software.[/quote] Not exactly. It could be a bad sector in memory. It could be a loose circuit cable (loose cables don't always cause an outage). It could be software also. We do not know. Again, my point is, since you aren't there and don't see it first hand, don't jump to conclusions. I used to help our field engineers install servers in racks and upgrade them and install circuits and memory in them. I have also seen them fail without warning or direct cause so I am speaking from my experience in central office work. Everyone needs to relax and be patient. It is JUST a GAME.

投稿言語:

• [quote][quote]It’s not hardware failure. Hardware failure would cause the server to become unreachable. That isn’t what is happening, it’s software.[/quote] Not exactly. It could be a bad sector in memory. It could be a loose circuit cable (loose cables don't always cause an outage). It could be software also. We do not know. Again, my point is, since you aren't there and don't see it first hand, don't jump to conclusions. I used to help our field engineers install servers in racks and upgrade them and install circuits and memory in them. I have also seen them fail without warning or direct cause so I am speaking from my experience in central office work. Everyone needs to relax and be patient. It is JUST a GAME.[/quote] It’s also a product players pay for, so for players to report outages and express disapproval at the inconvenience caused by bugs or server issues isnt unreasonable. Hardware failure means you can’t contact the server anymore. Software failure means some aspect of the game doesn’t perform as programmed. There isn’t just one server. Don’t just blindly defend Bungie over everything.

投稿言語:

• [quote][quote][quote]It’s not hardware failure. Hardware failure would cause the server to become unreachable. That isn’t what is happening, it’s software.[/quote] Not exactly. It could be a bad sector in memory. It could be a loose circuit cable (loose cables don't always cause an outage). It could be software also. We do not know. Again, my point is, since you aren't there and don't see it first hand, don't jump to conclusions. I used to help our field engineers install servers in racks and upgrade them and install circuits and memory in them. I have also seen them fail without warning or direct cause so I am speaking from my experience in central office work. Everyone needs to relax and be patient. It is JUST a GAME.[/quote] It’s also a product players pay for, so for players to report outages and express disapproval at the inconvenience caused by bugs or server issues isnt unreasonable. Hardware failure means you can’t contact the server anymore. Software failure means some aspect of the game doesn’t perform as programmed. There isn’t just one server. Don’t just blindly defend Bungie over everything.[/quote] I’m not going to argue with you. I used to work with servers and other networking equipment so I know what I’m talking about but you obviously are going to believe whatever you want and not listen to someone who might know about how these things work. Again, it’s just a game. I bought the same thing as everyone else. I’ve bought each expansion and even bought silver. However, you don’t see me losing my grip with reality and freaking out over this issue because I know it’s just a game and things happen and this is not the end of the world. A friend who lives with me loves playing competitive and I told him yesterday he might want to stay out of it due to this issue and he understood and is not freaking out about it like some people here because he also knows things happen and to be patient.

投稿言語:

• [quote]I’m not going to argue with you. I used to work with servers and other networking equipment so I know what I’m talking about but you obviously are going to believe whatever you want and not listen to someone who might know about how these things work. Again, it’s just a game. I bought the same thing as everyone else. I’ve bought each expansion and even bought silver. However, you don’t see me losing my grip with reality and freaking out over this issue because I know it’s just a game and things happen and this is not the end of the world. A friend who lives with me loves playing competitive and I told him yesterday he might want to stay out of it due to this issue and he understood and is not freaking out about it like some people here because he also knows things happen and to be patient.[/quote] You shouldn’t argue with me. I have been working with computer technology for over 25 years, including networking technology, and managed IT departments in k12 school districts and a University. So I do have personal experience with network infrastructure including hardware failure. I know how these things work. You may think that you and your friend are morally superior to other players who are willing to voice their personal frustration that the product they paid for is not performing to a reasonable expectation, but you aren’t. No one is freaking out like it’s the end of the world. Some players are upset the product they bought isn’t working when it should (this isn’t scheduled maintenance).

投稿言語:

• [quote]You shouldn’t argue with me. I have been working with computer technology for over 25 years, including networking technology, and managed IT departments in k12 school districts and a University. So I do have personal experience with network infrastructure including hardware failure. I know how these things work.[/quote] And I know how servers, routers, switches operate in racks in a central office settings and have worked for a global telecommunications and ISP company for over 19 years and physically working on upgrading and troubleshooting network devices. [quote]You may think that you and your friend are morally superior to other players who are willing to voice their personal frustration that the product they paid for is not performing to a reasonable expectation, but you aren’t.[/quote] Did I say once that we are "morally superior"? Nope. It is one thing to be frustrated, but to go to the level some players have is ridiculous. Things happen in online games. You be patient and not act like the world has ended. [quote]No one is freaking out like it’s the end of the world. Some players are upset the product they bought isn’t working when it should (this isn’t scheduled maintenance). Reply[/quote] Wrong. There are people in threads all on the forum freaking out and demanding things be done immediately and are being very disrespectful towards employees of Bungie. Some even go as far to claim the game is their only release from stresses in life or have you missed those comments on threads? Again, I am not going to argue with you. Facts are there can be hardware issues within a server or router that will cause network errors but not be a complete outage.

投稿言語:

• TattooedOniにより編集済み: 7/15/2019 5:49:03 PM
    [quote][quote]You shouldn’t argue with me. I have been working with computer technology for over 25 years, including networking technology, and managed IT departments in k12 school districts and a University. So I do have personal experience with network infrastructure including hardware failure. I know how these things work.[/quote] And I know how servers, routers, switches operate in racks in a central office settings and have worked for a global telecommunications and ISP company for over 19 years and physically working on upgrading and troubleshooting network devices. [quote]You may think that you and your friend are morally superior to other players who are willing to voice their personal frustration that the product they paid for is not performing to a reasonable expectation, but you aren’t.[/quote] Did I say once that we are "morally superior"? Nope. It is one thing to be frustrated, but to go to the level some players have is ridiculous. Things happen in online games. You be patient and not act like the world has ended. [quote]No one is freaking out like it’s the end of the world. Some players are upset the product they bought isn’t working when it should (this isn’t scheduled maintenance). Reply[/quote] Wrong. There are people in threads all on the forum freaking out and demanding things be done immediately and are being very disrespectful towards employees of Bungie. Some even go as far to claim the game is their only release from stresses in life or have you missed those comments on threads? Again, I am not going to argue with you. Facts are there can be hardware issues within a server or router that will cause network errors but not be a complete outage.[/quote] 1) So we both have experience, I don’t need to trust yours when I can trust mine. 2) You didn’t say you were morally superior, but you did imply it by what you did say, and now you’re doing it again. 3) Customers asking that their broken product be fixed isn’t “freaking out”. If you work for an ISP you should know that. Bungie employees are responsible for maintaining the game, pointing out a failure to do that isn’t being disrespectful. The problem is you’re generalizing all reactions as if they are a couple of specific ones. You are arguing with me. So stop saying you’re not going to when you are. There aren’t any network errors being reported. The problems being reported are system errors. At the end of an activity they are being kicked to orbit. You can see from Bungie supports twitter they tried to fix an issue, it caused these problems. For players who play on the weekend fixing it now doesn’t get their time investment from the weekend back.

投稿言語:

• [quote]1) So we both have experience, I don’t need to trust yours when I can trust mine.[/quote] And I will trust mine because I have worked both on the physical side and the configuration side. [quote]2) You didn’t say you were morally superior, but you did imply it by what you did say, and now you’re doing it again.[/quote] No I did not but believe whatever you want. [quote]3) Customers asking that their broken product be fixed isn’t “freaking out”. If you work for an ISP you should know that. Bungie employees are responsible for maintaining the game, pointing out a failure to do that isn’t being disrespectful. The problem is you’re generalizing all reactions as if they are a couple of specific ones.[/quote] People calling Bungie employees incompetent, stupid, etc. on some of these threads IS being disrespectful. I did not generalize all reactions. I simply stated for people to please be patient and that this is not the end of the world. [quote]For players who play on the weekend fixing it now doesn’t get their time investment from the weekend back.[/quote] Ok? Things happen. I lose playing time all the time, whether it be network issues, game issues, real life issues, whatever. I just chalk it up as "oh well, maybe I can get time another day". Again, so I am clear before you say I am generalizing my response, "SOME" players here need to relax and be patient and stop acting like this ruins their whole life.

投稿言語:

• [quote][quote]1) So we both have experience, I don’t need to trust yours when I can trust mine.[/quote] And I will trust mine because I have worked both on the physical side and the configuration side. [quote]2) You didn’t say you were morally superior, but you did imply it by what you did say, and now you’re doing it again.[/quote] No I did not but believe whatever you want. [quote]3) Customers asking that their broken product be fixed isn’t “freaking out”. If you work for an ISP you should know that. Bungie employees are responsible for maintaining the game, pointing out a failure to do that isn’t being disrespectful. The problem is you’re generalizing all reactions as if they are a couple of specific ones.[/quote] People calling Bungie employees incompetent, stupid, etc. on some of these threads IS being disrespectful. I did not generalize all reactions. I simply stated for people to please be patient and that this is not the end of the world. [quote]For players who play on the weekend fixing it now doesn’t get their time investment from the weekend back.[/quote] Ok? Things happen. I lose playing time all the time, whether it be network issues, game issues, real life issues, whatever. I just chalk it up as "oh well, maybe I can get time another day". Again, so I am clear before you say I am generalizing my response, "SOME" players here need to relax and be patient and stop acting like this ruins their whole life.[/quote] This is you not arguing right? Since most of this is just redundant, I’ll focus on what new. Why are you telling people how to act?

投稿言語:

• So no valor for me? I'm at 98% and playing crucible makes me wanna kill myself

投稿言語:

• Try this one out. I was finishing out a 5 win streak in Gambit that would have put me over the top for a rank reset for the season.....Instead it didn't count the win and took away the win streak. Talk about needing to relax. Easy to say when it isn't you I guess.

投稿言語:

• Zoe41により編集済み: 7/14/2019 3:33:30 PM
    Ive lost comp streaks multiple times to server issues, ive lost gambit streaks, ive been booted from raids and had checkpoints not save. You cant do anything about it, bungie at this point had already addressed the issue and begun working on it so getting angry on the forums will solve nothing hence the need to relax, things happen that are out of your control sometimes, getting angry wont fix it.

投稿言語:

• Haha you are really complaining about valor, dude quickplay has literally no stakes to it, just play tomorrow.

投稿言語:

このコンテンツはご覧いただけません。
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon