JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

8/20/2014 12:59:04 PM
"I genuinely don't care if I never get to play Destiny, " It looks like you do care. It really, really does look like you do care. Either that or you are attempting to raise great enough concern in others they might want to cancel their own orders. Have you ever had a Bungie product that burned up your console? Have you considered that the way they programmed the game may very well require less than that 30GB of space? There is no way for you or anyone else to be able to determine how much processing is required of your console and how much is performed by the server, thus your concern may be way too much caution. Yes, I am aware of how hot an Xbox can get, but I am also aware of the fact that no company, most especially Bungie, would intentionally produce a product outside the handling capacity of its target consumers. Too much reputation is at stake. The protection devices built into Xbox turn the unit off when too much heat begins to build up. When this happens THEN it is time to stop playing the game and seek a refund or just stop playing the game. And then it will also be time to purchase a next gen console, or be stuck playing the games that are soon to become as scarce as hens' teeth on a console that continues to decrease in value. I say it this way because it really does look like you care to play Destiny. retired 35 yrs. electronics technician
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I care to know in advance so I can save myself the money, time and stress. The game would be great, but not life-changing, and the saved money could be spent on other things. So yeah, not really caring about getting to play Destiny so much as not wanting to get dealt a shitty hand like I did with W:TNO, which I could NOT return for a refund btw, so I've basically lost that money now.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You are one in 4.2 million people who have played the Beta. Yours is the only post that pursues the subject with such passion. In your mind is the perception of real and imminent damage. It would be extremely foolish and irresponsible for you to purchase the game and take the chance of playing it on your 360. You should stick with the older games you already have and forget about purchasing any new ones. With the many cases of salmonella that have been breaking out across the country due to contaminated peanut butter or vegetables or meats, it might be wise for you to demand answers from the producers of food products before you eat again. You should be very persistent and demanding. That is something that can take your life, not just your 360. There have been actual cases of sickness due to food poisoning but not one example of Destiny hurting a console. You won't take the word of the retired professionals who vouch for the intent of the companies and you won't take the word of the professionals who work within those companies as they continue to produce for your use. You demand assurance from the community organizer who has already been encouraging you to purchase and enjoy the product. You ignore and distrust the ones who know how to make it work and demand the word of the one who leads you down the path. You don't trust anyone at Bungie. Don't be a fool. Don't buy or play the game.

Posting in language:

• If you would like to know more about where your food comes from, you can watch a really good movie called: FOOD INC. It is on Netflix if you wanted to know where to find it fast. That is if anyone has concerns for where there food comes from. Yes, I am concerned about my food and that is why, I have pigs and goats on the ground. I also have vegetables and fruits I tend to on my land with my father and uncle. But just for the record to state this, there is no way shape or form you or anyone else can call me a farmer, I -blam!-ing hate animals. My real job is Graphic Designer, Web Designer, and I am fluid in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Sign Lab. I know where your food comes from, I have seen the inside of hog houses, chicken houses, and turkey house. I have seen the inside of pork processing plants and chicken plants. The worst thing to witness is an animal you have seen from birth grow up and get shot in the head with a bolt gun and convulsing on the floor until its body goes cold. (I said I hated animals, not that I did not have a heart.) The only problem is in these pork plants they don't use bolt guns, they use gas chambers that go under ground in the plant. The pig goes in alive and comes out dead, you don't know what happens to him. This is how the German's did in the Holocaust. It was not cool then, but how do we find it acceptable to do that to our food. People say all the time: "Our food is top quality food." 1)Food is not top quality, when you add steroids to it. 2)Food is not top quality, when you kill it with deadly gases. (You eat what the pig eats) 3)Food is not top quality, unless it was a happy hog all of its life. Things die, but a bullet to the head is a fast way to die for anyone. The bolt gun to me seems to automatic. The gun is a thing, that is more sentiment. I mean you load that bullet for that hog, and you know and they know its time. Unless you live on a farm you don't know these things, hell I had someone come up to me at the state fair last year and ask what animal it was that made milk. When I pointed at a Cow, they go "really". How did we get so out of touch with our food?

Posting in language:

• Thanks for the straw man argument. And not everyone has money to waste. I imagine people who've never had hardship in their lives can't understand that, but I guess you have to play the hand you're dealt, right?

Posting in language:

• There is no straw man argument about anything I said. Your poor attempt to show superiority in debate fails. I am not debating you, just making very clear observations. Now, if you would like to counter any of the points I made feel free to do so. But don't come back with that attitude that straw man arguments are being made. You really should not buy the game. It looks more and more like you never had any intent to do so anyway. It looks more and more like your purpose is to cause others to question their own purchase. And as to your point about hardship? You don't know what real hardship is. Not a clue. I have no more time to waste with you.

Posting in language:

• You're smarmy and pathetic. Wonder why my responses are so short? Because morons like you are ten a penny on the internet and I really can't be bothered responding to your self-assured horsecrap. And don't forget : [quote]I have no more time to waste with you.[/quote] Let's see if you're a man of your word, eh?

Posting in language:

• I do not usually bud into things but after reading this conversation I will just say you come across as a huge D-bag. [spoiler]just saying[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon