JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/12/2021 5:13:33 AM

Way too much stasis in Crucible

WTF, Bungo. Stasis was already OP and annoying in the Crucible… now the new aspects make the coldsnap grenade completely busted? On top of an annoying stasis sidearm? The player base has been solidly opposed to stasis in the Crucible since about halfway through the first season of Beyond Light, and instead of getting less stasis, we get more. Y’all really don’t respect your player base. I spent 2 hours in the Crucible today, and it was an hour and 45 minutes longer than necessary. That’s it. I’m done with PvP this season, and really forever until you remove stasis from it.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• As a middle tree arc staff main I like to target those who use it. I’m more than skilled enough to deal with them. Always remember, crucible is not about winning it’s about sending a message.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I literally aggressively bag every single player i kill who runs stasis in crucible, as you can imagine, im bagging the entire match. Luckily im skilled enough in pvp to compete with most of the braindead stasis ability spamming children. Quick scope Chaos reaching a revenant hunter that just solo silence and squalled or a behemoth titan holding forward at me me has never felt so good. Warlocks get slapped around too, i only run shut down supers now just so i can solo kill any stasis super i see, its still annoying as hell but there are counters to stasis... Jotun works pretty well against stasis, and shotgunners. ;)

Posting in language:

5 Replies
    • PvP will not be fun this season. Hunters have tipped the balance for a while and Revenant has only made it worse. Each class has its fair share of issues, but Titans and Warlocks are being tuned far more. Silence and Squall still has virtually no counterplay, 3.5 meters is laughable. Withering Blade still slows with numerous debuffs stacking with Whisper of Durance, seeking more aggressively than Sentinel Shield. Often confirming kills long after a duel or delaying health regen WITH the aforementioned slow debuffs. Winter's Shroud is a completely aimless and overly-effective perk, also stacking with Whisper of Durance and pairing with Mask of Bakris. And now Hunters have a new Aspect that essentially undoes the sorely needed nerfs to Stasis grenades PLUS an exotic that steepens their snowballing. Trials is going to suck even harder.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • And of course, they give the better grenades to Hunters. Because they need more broken things apparently...

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • I think this will always be a problem no matter the subclass. If it isn't Titan slam, it's blade barrage, or warlock arc. The best way is to just play the game as it was intended. Is Crucible perfect, absolutely not, and far from it. But if there are people out there who enjoy it, and/or are successful, it doesn't do us any favors to complain about it.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
          • One reason I play team scorched

Posting in language:

• Remove pvp!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • The game was built around PVE and PvP as an add on so stasis is the new thing and it’s -blam!-ing epic. I’m glad bungie isn’t folding over the salty tears

Posting in language:

31 Replies
              • Unfortunately, stasis is here to stay. Even after all the uproar about it last few months, what does Bungie do? They double down on it. Of course. The real problem is a huge part of the PVP player base embraces it, which is disappointing. oh well, to each their own

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Whoever thought it was a good idea to add stuns to PvP in this game needs to be demoted or sent off to other games that build for them. You remove the freezing from stasis and I guarantee you that most complaints will stop. Just change all freezing to slows (adjust the slows so you can you know....fight back) then call it something like Time Dilation or something to keep it in line with it's name.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • Yeah after this week I probably won't even do the crucible pinnacle anymore. Seriously, f- 'em. Life's too short to deal with tryhard toyboys in Destiny 2.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Edited by BurlyPanther0: 5/12/2021 6:17:04 PM
                      All the hunter mains in here that don’t want the aspect to get nerfed cause they have no ability to line up crosshairs unless their enemy isn’t moving😂😂😂Saddened but not surprised hunters yet again get a busted add on, makes cold snap op and has two fragment slots. Hunter mains defending stasis all look like this 🤡🤡

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                      • The number of players running Stasis in crucible is just hilarious. The Stasis players provide so much entertainment on this forum. I just finished doing the PvP part of the Cryosthesia 77K Catalyst quest and I personally had a blast, even with Stasis everywhere.

Posting in language:

• ^Bungie adding more stasis

Posting in language:

• You will not be missed. Bye. :)

Posting in language:

• Way too many two tap sidearms in crucible. :(

Posting in language:

• From a PvP main, stasis is here to stay. Start adapting or just don’t play anymore.

Posting in language:

Freak
                        Freak

Ever seen a baby Pigeon, Me neither - old

Bungie: We’re listening, but we’re also too busy not giving a shit! Here’s a Stasis freezing Weapon! And Aspects that completely negate the stasis Grenade Nerfs of the previous season! Your time is Respected here at Bungie ~Disclaimer: DSC raid will no longer reward Pinnacles as it is now a “Legacy” Raid! Pinnacles will be added to the OG Legacy VoG Raid on the 22nd. Because a looter shooter rewarding Loot is a terrible thing! Don’t forget to do your pinnacles to be ready on the 22nd!!! SERIOUSLY….. WHO THE FCK IS RUNNING THIS SHITSHOW?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • Y’all complain too much

Posting in language:

• its down to the new aspects and fragments players are now testing builds it'll dim down as weeks go by also key thing here that people forget stasis has a longer cool down timer then light subclasses

Posting in language:

• High discipline cold snap high impact weapon with demolitionist and corner camp. Return them their favor. MWAHAHAHA

Posting in language:

• I haven't gotten far into the new season yet and was dreading crucible already. This solidified my assumption. Thank you and keep gutting thru. Also, Bungo sucks.

Posting in language:

• I recently came back to playing D2 a bit more actively and crucible having been one of my favourite things to hop on to play casually is just completely ruined by Stasis imo. How is it okay that something can literally guarantee kills and your death if you get frozen and to freeze others is pathetically easy, it removes any skill or thought. People defending stasis clearly rely on it to get their kills in Crucible. It's genuinely mind boggling to me how Bungie thought it would be okay to allow it in the crucible.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Stasis sucks. Unfun. I miss relying on abilities that were relatively balanced.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Indeed. And to top it off they tied stasis to almost every single quest there is ffs.. I just cant believe they made pvp even worse this season after so many posts and worldwide complaints. Its almost like people irritated em and they said we've had it. Here you go. More stasis. And then some more..

Posting in language:

• Honestly, I think it needs to be toned down a lot to match the Light. Slowing down your enemies shouldn't suppress all of their abilities and worsen their weapon handling, especially considering how easily accessible it is, and I believe that it should be more difficult to freeze Guardians.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon