JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Novoca1ne: 5/13/2021 10:00:52 PM

For God sake Bungie! Stop linking quest steps and catalysts to PVP and guardian kills.

For crying out loud. Please cater for the large number of people who don't (won't) play PVP and STOP linking quest steps and catalysts to PVP and/or guardian kills. PLEASE give those non-PVP players some other means of achieving step/catalyst requirements. First thing I noticed after purchasing the new Season pass was that the Catalyst for the Cryosthesia requires 50 guardian kills. FFS!!!!! Another weapon I won't be getting the catalyst for!!!!! Talk about a kick in the guts 30 mins after joining the new season EDIT: I'm a 51yr old man with poor eyesight and bad reflexes which makes PVP an absolute fricken nightmare. There's absolutely nothing enjoyable about having your @ss handed to you on a platter time-and-time again trying to play PVP to meet step/catalyst requirements. It's humiliating and degrading being pounded by good PVP players (and the match making system sucks b@lls!). The closest I get is Gambit as 99% of that is team play with the occasional raid by a guardian. EDIT 2021-05-14: So scorched seems to give kills and that version of PVP is actually not too bad and something I can play (got 8 kills last night lol). Doesn't help with those steps/catalysts that require kills with specific weapons though

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• 100%. I won’t do the catalysts because I refuse to step foot in the absolute laughing stock of a PvP mode that is the crucible. I’m not a 52 year old man with poor eyesight. Im a young man with well above average performance in every PvP game I’ve ever played, and crucible is the least balanced dumpster fire that is an insult to the great tradition of player vs player gaming, catering to the worst PvP players that can’t hack it in real PvP game’s. There’s a reason why the collective communities of every other PvP game can agree about 1 thing and 1 thing only, that crucible players are a joke. Hint: it’s not because crucible is a good game mode(s) that you should be proud of and push players towards. Destiny PvE is top tier and it’s PvP is [u]the[/u] bottom.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • Edited by Sweet Lew 88: 5/12/2021 3:04:07 AM
      I feel for you. I've helped a few people earn "The Last Word", get trials wins, get wins in Competitive to earn Luna's howl back when it was harder to do so. Destiny will always have PVP and PVP parts to some quests, its been this way since Invective and Thorn in D1, 6 years now. You cant get all the goodies if you dont play the whole game. You basically have to expect it nowadays with that track record. Do you want PVP tips?

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • Edited by LoganX: 5/13/2021 11:44:37 PM
        Got it. #PleaseMakeThisGameEasierForMe I'm 51 with noticeably poorer aim than most players.. I [u]choose[/u] to go into pvp if I want to complete something. I also know my limits. I'm not trying for Trials weapons as much as I would want them.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • They have to do that, just like they have to require three Crucible matches for pinnacle gear, and they force actual participation. With CBMM reigning completely, the expert players need a fresh supply of victims to humiliate. I just don't do those quests. I know how slow, clumsy, and pathetic I am already, I don't need the @#$*!-ing Crucible to remind me.

Posting in language:

• I do PVP for the bounties and the 3 matches for Pinnacle/Powerful. That being said, I do think it was a ridiculous idea that they hid MIDA’s Catalyst in the Competitive side of PVP, especially since the quest to get MIDA isn’t heavily tied to PVP. If the Catalyst was in Casual or in Strikes, that would’ve been fine. But Competitive? That’s not happening for me anytime soon.

Posting in language:

• This quest is easy. You dont need to actually kill with the sidearm. The sidearm isnt hard to use.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            I agree. I didn't do Ticu's Bow catalyst, and I won't be doing this side arm's catalyst. It is a stupid plan of theirs to try and force people into PvP. Tell's me it is dying.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
            • The answer is simply to make each step/component of the quest doable wholly in PvP, wholly in PvE or both. e.g. 50 Guardian kills or 50 mini-boss kills That way the player can choose which path to take. It should be done for each component step so people who solely PvP can do the whole thing in PvP if they wish. If you are a PvP player you shouldn't have to do PvE. (I hate PvP as I am crap)

Posting in language:

15 Replies
              • I agree with you. But D2 crucible was better the first year. You didn’t have too use all these mods too you armor. You had heavy armor, mobility armor and so one. Heavy boosted resilience and recovery. I used to play with my titan i crusible with heavy armor. But now it doesn’t make a difference. Titan is supposed to be a tanker, hunter fast, and warlock healer. Titan doesn’t tank anymore like they used to. And when it came to weapons in crucible, it didn’t mattered what weapon you used, as long as you could get headshots. Now everyone uses stasis to freeze, and use it as a crutch. And with all these mods and perks on the weapons you have to grind for, it’s not fun anymore. I stil have my original story auto rifle in my vault. The only weapon I like to grind for is the one I know the perks on. I used to play mostly with my hunter in pve, some crucible. But I liked best to use titan in crucible. Now I only play crucible when mayhem and iron banner is on. Or I have a quest related to crucible. Don’t fix it if its not broken. Sorry my English, from Norway.

Posting in language:

• I’m 55 and couldn’t agree more with what you are saying. Any catalyst that requires PvP or any quest that requires PvP is a no-no. I play a little bit but am almost always bottom of the pile and it’s just not enjoyable getting whipped whilst having to use a specific weapon or class of weapon to get the reward.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Psyr3n Princ3ss: 5/13/2021 9:04:29 PM
                I feel you there. At season rank 22 your catalyst progress will be quadrupled, but I still agree that forcing people into pvp shouldn't be a part of ANY quest. Us casuals go there for pinnacles and bounties and it's annoying enough without having to use weapons we wouldn't use otherwise in pvp. And do something about stasis finally. It should never have been added to pvp, like just should have said "you're Guardians, you won't fight each other with Darkness". Instead we get punished in pve by having our grenade aspect disabled... Not gonna start with the matchmaking...

Posting in language:

• Edited by WhiskeyZulu60: 5/15/2021 1:00:25 PM
                I'm with you Novoca1ne and share your frustration. I'm a 60-year-old guardian who has zero business playing a fast-paced, movement-based PVP game against 20ish-30ish or even 40-year-old guardians. I started SOC late and got everything done but the PVP & Gambit-related objectives. I will never see Ticcu's, Mida, Witherhoard, etc., catalysts. I'm not one to join a match and jump off a cliff or sit AFK at the spawn, not fair to the other players. I realize I'm not the targeted demographic but trust me, today's 30 somethings will likely still be gaming when they hit my age. I began in my late 40's. It is HIGH time to make these objectives PVE or PVP. My cynical view is that Bungie wants the PVP player counts high despite the community's current "position" on the state of crucible in general. It's not my game so I realize I can accept it or move on. Ps. Additionally, I've been informed that there is now an undetectable cheat tool available to PS players that you connect via the USB port. Great!, as if facing Ingenious Hammers and Felwinters on sweaties was not enough! (sigh)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Honestly, I hate pvp too. Sure I can go into pvp, I can gradually get kills and clear the requirements. But its not even remotely fun in my opinion and at the end of the day I play games to have fun. Bungie has shown they can impliment PvP, Gambit and PvE routes to quest completion. They have also shown they can impliment quests where clearing any requirement in the list, clears the quest. The fact of the matter is they keep doing this because PvP is shedding players, but is also their most streamed content. They want the game to look good for prospective buyers so they throw people into PvP to keep it populated. The problem with this is those players aren't playing to win, they're playing to complete a quest step. If I'm trying to get grenade launcher kills on control for witherhorde. You can be damn sure I'm not playing the objective. I'm suiciding into their captures trying to tag a group of them at once. My team suffers, I'm still not having fun, nobody wins but Bungie.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                  • Edited by KidSixXx: 5/14/2021 12:22:13 AM
                    [quote]I'm a 51yr old man with poor eyesight and bad reflexes which makes PVP an absolute fricken nightmare. There's absolutely nothing enjoyable about having your @ss handed to you on a platter time-and-time again trying to play PVP to meet step/catalyst requirements[/quote] I am 53 years old. I wasn't the best PvPer out there but I held my own most of the time and loses happen. Age ain't nothin' but a number and don't let being bad at PvP keep you from getting better at PvP. Now if you refuse to try to improve your PvP skills on principle, that's kinda on you. To your point, yes. There should be multiple ways to complete game content rather than one set formula that involves game modes we're not fond of, especially since Stasis and meta have broken the Crucible and Bungie doesn't seem extremely concerned about bringing balance back to PvP anytime soon. PvP isn't even enjoyable for people that like PvP. I can only imagine what it's like for the tactically challeged. How hard is it to make a quest step for a catalyst be something like "Kill 25 Guardians in the Crucible OR Complete XXXXXX Strike (Heroic) OR ad nauseum Gambit something something?"

Posting in language:

• i Agree with you... its a Pain for me playing PvP... before Stasis PvP was somewhat enjoyable and i could bring myself to do those Quests... i'm not that bad at PvP but i'm a Tactical Level of PvP Player (like R6 Siege, CS GO etc)... i Struggle to keep up with extreme fast moving targets and especialy when hindered or frozen by Stasis all the damn Time... they gave us the options to Make the Pinacle Weapon in wich Activity we want... they gave us ornaments for each activity... so why do i have to kill in PvE and PvP for the seasonal Exotic Catalyst... so why can't i choose in wich Activity i want to Complete the Cata Quest... Forcing us to Play PvP in its Broken and Garbage state is like Forcing the Player to Eat rotten Food

Posting in language:

• Couldn't agree with you more. I'm 50 and have the same issues, poor eyesight and my reflexes are nothign compared to 30 years ago. Yet too many quests require Crucible and if I have to get 50 guardian kills, it takes me about 40 crucible matches. What a shitlaod of fun :-( :-( Bungie, you have still not learned from the past 6 years. I know, Crucible is cheap in terms of development and repeatability and in your mind makes up for a total lack of content but if you keep ignoring your older gamers, you will lose more than you think.

Posting in language:

• Edited by TheShadow: 5/12/2021 1:13:03 PM
                    How else are they going to try to force players to play a broken game mode? Hell, they won't even update it because it's that bad 😂 Hmm, it's been something like 2 years since a new map was created? Yeah, that should give you PvP players a (huge sign) that not even Bungie even wants to deal with it, let alone more than half the player base.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Apparently, asking for an alternative way to earn a catalyst is considered asking for handouts. Can't even begin to understand that logic.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                      • I just got done with the catalyst and now it want the same thing again , is this a bug because I don't want to play pvp anymore it sucks, it's just hunters freezing everyone.

Posting in language:

• The PvP step for the catalyst isn't bad once you reach Season Pass Rank 22 and get that 4x multiplier. Only requires 13 kills instead of 50.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • plus the sidearm is really bad in pvp i cant get a kill and plus we had to deal with the meta like hammer, shotguns,fusions.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          • Word. That is such a dumbass req. Especially when it’s a weapon geared toward PvE and you know that to get the kills it’s gonna be like pulling teeth.

Posting in language:

• Edited by StarZmacker: 5/13/2021 6:59:52 PM
                            Seriously, why can't all catalyst just drop just like the exotics? I got tonnes of them including catalysts. Why involve people in something they clearly do not agree upon? Let RNG rule the people all cross the board. if you do not have luck you'r out, simple as that. I miss Destiny 1 and the strange coins!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Maybe they should stop linking quest steps to killing combatants in PvE.

Posting in language:

• for crying out loud, realize what you can and can't do and don't expect a free ride reward for what you can't do. the game is a whole, things will require aspects you may not like, or be good at. that has nothing to do with you the individual, but the game as a whole. so what you're 51? lots of players are older, including myself. crying over it like a child doesn't fit your age. who are you humiliated and degraded to? you're in your own home, unless your family is screen watching and taunting you for your performance, get out of your feelings and just do it.

Posting in language:

190 Replies
                              • Edited by StarZmacker: 5/14/2021 6:17:21 AM
                                Bungie! Give me the possibility to buy a complete set of armor that is 100% masterworked, god-rolled and three pieces of choosable weapons for every branch (Primary, Secondary and heavy) Incl with the mods i want. I'll pay you 1000$ just to get rid of the grind. That sh*t is whack and my time is precious. If people can buy a NFT for 200K i sure can drop 1K on stuff i want! I know other people would follow and you can soon give your beloved CEO the bonus that "it" really deserves, just like the CEO of Gamestop! Come on, we are all filthy rich people here. What do you say?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon