JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/11/2021 6:24:37 PM

Be embarrassed Bungie - pathetic server maintenance every time

One of the top games across all platforms and every seasonal launch is a waste of millions of customer hours. Be embarrassed and take lessons from any other top live-service game. If hundreds of thousands of customers have waited hours for this game to come online today then do you think it was a successful service? If you want 5 hours then just say it and let me schedule my day differently. Bungie, you are being that guy that drives slow in the fast lane on the interstate.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Okay Gamechair Developer.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Lifeless Shell: 5/14/2021 3:08:27 AM
    Apex Legends Outriders CoD Etc All of these had garbage servers on big events What “top games” are your talking about

Posting in language:

7 Replies
    • Happens on Day One to virtually every high-demand online game. Too many people try to pile on at once. Server access becomes a bottle neck and things crash. Nothing to see here, moving on....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Not surprised that you're part of the crying teenagers of this community that cry and expect everything to be picture perfect.

Posting in language:

• Edited by NevClavain: 5/13/2021 11:47:17 AM
        It happens with lots of games and always with Destiny 2. Probably exacerbated by the pandemic as well. I never bother with the first day. You only miss queuing, getting booted and errors if you wait until the following day. Same with other big games, especially these days. Look at the state of cyberpunk or the problems outriders had.

Posting in language:

• I'd happily go back to the time when Sony and Microsoft used to charge companies for each patch. Maybe then it would actually make them put some effort in. It says something when not being able to buy the season was treated with the same priority as actually being able to play it.

Posting in language:

• So I didn't miss anything not bothering to log in at the season launch? Cool I'll just keep playing Resident Evil Village and getting ready for my Village of Shadows run

Posting in language:

• Dont except anything from bungie. Its that kid who will do whatever he thinks is right and ignore all others opinions. Their weapons ornaments, dance moves, ghost skins, ghost projector works fine and they have plenty of time for those. But where it requires work, bungie will never fix. Since d1 launch on sep 9th tuesday, its been same. But original makers of destiny has left bungie, but that tuesday didn't.

Posting in language:

• They dont give a shit. Do you have any idea how many clowns just wasted real money to use armor they unlocked and masterworked and deleted seasons ago?? The Destiny playerbase is pathetic for supporting these greedy dbags. They just expanded Eververse, AGAIN, giving you even more ways to spend money on shit you do not need. It is mind boggling to me how people are okay with them loading Eververse out the ass with exotic emotes, ships, sparrows, armor, etc, and NOONNNNEEE of that is available through gameplay. Absolutely pathetic.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • 100 per cent correct Sad money grabbing company who can not produce the goods on time and don't learn from past mistakes and my passion for this game is running thin.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
          • They don't care

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Gonna be such a trash season anyway.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • Day 1 of the Season, the update corrupted my game data, forcing me to reinstall the entire game. This morning, I was finally able to play for a while before work. And what happens when I get back from work? My game data is corrupted. Again. So now I have to reinstall the entire game for the second time in two days. I can't believe how unstable this game has gotten.

Posting in language:

• Edited by EmptyBonez: 5/12/2021 3:44:45 AM

Started a new topic: Done with Destiny(13 Replies))

• Lol it's actually pretty funny at this point. They have never had a clean launch.

Posting in language:

• I came home after work and started playing just fine. So I don’t really understand what the issue is.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • While I agree with the sentiment, the top games thing? No, this is the entire industry. They're all getting worse and worse and lazier with every single year. The industry should be embarrassed at the state its in. Something needs to change.

Posting in language:

• 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Posting in language:

• Its common in video games now. There is solutions for that, but they are expensive and requieres a lot of preparation before a content drop to handle the massive player base logging at the same time. But honestly as a compagny. Would you : -Spend a lot of ressources to make a good season launch just for 1 day. -spending almost nothing, having players complain for 1 day then going back to normal like nothing happened because in the end players are still playing/logging and buying the content ?

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                  • You get used to it eventually.

Posting in language:

• [quote]One of the top games across all platforms and every seasonal launch is a waste of millions of customer hours. Be embarrassed and take lessons from any other top live-service game. If hundreds of thousands of customers have waited hours for this game to come online today then do you think it was a successful service? If you want 5 hours then just say it and let me schedule my day differently. Bungie, you are being that guy that drives slow in the fast lane on the interstate.[/quote] Oh boo hoo. You had to wait a little while to play. As people around the world were downloading the 6 Gig patch. Get over yourself.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Edited by RichGhost77: 5/11/2021 10:13:51 PM
                      They said 10pm GMT. And pretty much to the minute it started working fine at 10pm Take some deep breaths son, everything is going to be ok.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Never play at reset when new content launches, one of the lessons you have to learn when playing destiny.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Do you know they communicated on twitter? They said they kept the queue in so they can do maintenance while the season launched. They were pretty clear with what was going on. Chill tf out man. Things were cleared up by 5-6pm est. It's not the end of the world.

Posting in language:

50 Replies
                          • That'll show 'em

Posting in language:

• Bungie vaulted content to improve performance in the future HA

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon