JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/10/2021 3:27:25 PM

Option skip campaign second char

Please allow story progress sync between characters. This is really more than annoying. Or at least state why you want to put us through the same repetitive chores for the second (or third) time.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• This game isn’t interesting enough to be trying to max out or be playing the same campaign on multiple characters. D1 was better because we could infuse any armor into any class armor you wanted.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • They've made certain catalysts account based (Whisper, Outbreak) but not the campaigns. Having to run Forsaken/Shadowkeep and Beyond Light again just to unlock the same shit is rather tedious. I've dissuaded myself from playing on my Hunter many times just from going on to the character, opening the director, looking at what I've already done and said 'nah' and logged off to my Warlock.

Posting in language:

• Omg... so many people in this community are lazy. “Don’t make us level so much” “Don’t make us farm for gear” “Give me the rare gear now” “Let me skip the story”

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • I still cannot abandon shadowkeep on my alts- ugh 😵‍💫

Posting in language:

• Please, as a Hunter main, I wanna play with stasis on my Titan and Warlock but I don’t feel like rerunning BL 2 more times. Don’t get me wrong BL’s story was really good, but I don’t wanna do it 3 times total.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
        • Upvote, there is literally no reason we have to redo the entire campaign.

Posting in language:

• Yep

Posting in language:

• You doin Fashion? Or are you late playing the game in general? Either way, I agree. I deleted my Hunter long time ago and sometimes I think about resurrecting him but nah... Screw Hunters. [spoiler]Except for Cayde-6[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Agreed.

Posting in language:

• If the game had at least a portion of the story significantly different for each class I would not mind. Kind of like with alot of MMOs, or some of the class specific quests in this game in the past. Would be neat to see different perspective of the story through your class, and can combine all of them together. Honestly I am asking too much of Bungie at this point haha. Not bashing them. I just don’t think they have that kind of man power now.

Posting in language:

• Imagine a RPG where most of the community begs to not be forced to play the entire campaign again either to level up alts, or change looks/gender (my bad masculine or feminine).

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • WE constantly do repetative stuff, that is the whole fn game. From strikes, gambit, NF, raids, pvp, its always a repetition of what we did yesterday, last week, month, season, DLC. Is there a reason you have to go through the season stuff 2 or 3 times? or better, is there a good reason to take this one aspect of repetition out when everything else stays?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
            • 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 yes please

Posting in language:

• [quote] Or at least state why you want to put us through the same repetitive chores for the second (or third) time.[/quote] I could pretty much post this very quote at the start of every season..

Posting in language:

• You do have an option. lol

Posting in language:

• This is the reason I only play one character

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I agree with this. This has driven me nuts for years now...and the fact that some quests are shared across characters and others aren't..

Posting in language:

• 100% agree. Also, quests for items should unlock on all characters, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It always should.

Posting in language:

• I agree. Having to “unlock” the dreaming city 3 times was terrible. Give us the option to skip on our alts. The artificial grind to inflate playtime is pretty transparent at this point.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Pick a class and stick with it. I have one of each, but only play warlock. Who has the time to run three toons.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • I think you probably get really good XP this way if you're trying to level the season pass but yeah... I'm not always interested in doing the story over again on a second or third character.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • So they did actually implement this to an extent in BL. Many of the annoying steps auto complete when unlocking stasis on a second and third character. Still have to do a bit of work, but it is better. I kind of felt like the steps they did leave in were mostly just a tutorial with a story on how to use stasis on that class. Wasn't too bad.

Posting in language:

• Running story 3 times is beyond tired. In fact, being forced to play all 3 characters to quickly Power Level is even worse.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Edited by Corrick II: 5/11/2021 2:20:28 PM
                        This is one of those things I’ve wanted for years but just gave up on hoping it’ll ever happen. It’s a testimony to how tedious Bungie’s mission structure is when players would rather just run one character than slog through a campaign again. Same damn thing. Every time. Please Bungie, seriously... just let me [i]imagine[/i] what it was like playing as a Warlock and Titan. That’s enough for me, I’ll be fine, I’m not missing out on any valuable “experience”.

Posting in language:

• Oh come on you didnt have fun unlocking all the forges ON ALL 3 CHARACTERS?! 😂 I absolutely hated it I would've had more fun putting my head through a wall lol

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • I got into Genshin last week and I was thinking...imagine if they made you run the entire campaign on each one of your characters? That's how ridiculous it is for Bungie to make you do it.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon