JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
11/3/2019 7:44:49 PM
oper102
oper102

How to lose a debate 101 old

When does bungie get a thanks? OPEN DISUCSSION

First off, this isn't a bungie defense force post, I just want to list some examples and get some answers as to what point bungie would get a thanks from the community as a whole. - Nova warp nerfed, no thanks - Spectral blades nerfed, no thanks - Lunas and NF nerf (people were outraged at the time, but have later accepted it as an alright nerf) - Bottom tree striker, no thanks. The two top topics I see are eververse's creep in prices and the unrewarding gameplay loop. What point would we give bungie appreciation?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]First off, this isn't a bungie defense force post, I just want to list some examples and get some answers as to what point bungie would get a thanks from the community as a whole. - Nova warp nerfed, no thanks - Spectral blades nerfed, no thanks - Lunas and NF nerf (people were outraged at the time, but have later accepted it as an alright nerf) - Bottom tree striker, no thanks. The two top topics I see are eververse's creep in prices and the unrewarding gameplay loop. What point would we give bungie appreciation?[/quote] If someone spits in your burger do you thank them? Your a goof

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • [quote]First off, this isn't a bungie defense force post, I just want to list some examples and get some answers as to what point bungie would get a thanks from the community as a whole. - Nova warp nerfed, no thanks - Spectral blades nerfed, no thanks - Lunas and NF nerf (people were outraged at the time, but have later accepted it as an alright nerf) - Bottom tree striker, no thanks. The two top topics I see are eververse's creep in prices and the unrewarding gameplay loop. What point would we give bungie appreciation?[/quote] Shut up

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • -New exotics (not d1 ones) -New locations (not moon we overplayed by 2015) -New enemy race (not a reskin of the 4) -New bosses (not shadowkeeps nightmares) -New pvp maps (not d1 ones) -New weapon and armor models (not reskins) -Vendor refreshes, new vanguard, shaxx, banner gear -Factions back as d1 with refresh Stop being lazy basically

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          Epicperon
          Epicperon

Banned by stupid bot - old

When they fix the Izanagi quest and add an in game lfg

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • It first starts with customer service and allowing players to be able to contact and get help from Bungie directly. I am not going to give thanks for something I purchased anymore than Bungie telling me thanks for purchasing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Thanks Bungie for the Halo series (1, 2 & 3) Those were awesome & still are!

Posting in language:

• I thank them for shattered throne, when there's something commendable to praise/thank them for sure, that be me, now if you mean "overall" the community, look at the forums man, among the majority of post there are a few well formulated and politely giving feedback or respectfully questioning stuff, then look at Bungo's responses over these few post, exactly, nothing to thank them for.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • When changes occur at the very top of the Bungie hierarchical chain. Not naming/shaming but the present direction in game feels like it was was sanctified by the “Bond Brothers” (For you noobs reading this the Bond Brothers are part of a D1 strike.) They are a couple of fat cabali running around shooting rockets or trying to shoulder charge. Once some internal clean-up is done then some praise will follow. Game Direction needs a rework.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • after 44 Comp. matches this week i've gained 64 Glory. this is hands down the most demoralizing experience i've had in gaming. thnx?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Never. Destiny is a service. Anything they fix, it’s their fault it was broken. I don’t call my power company and thank them for my lights turning on. I paid for the service, I expect it to work.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                    • I don't think companies who profit from their services deserve thanks as much as the do positive and negative feedback. You typically don't thank people you pay, they thank you.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Ok, thanks bungie. Halo CE, 2 & 3 were all amazingly good. Thats about all I got.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Same as all businesses, when they get paid.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • When Luke Smith is never allowed to again destroy the crucible and pve sandbox Bungie will get the biggest thank you from me

Posting in language:

• Also the first few weeks people were moaning about not being able to upgrade armour. But Bungie has the long term plan that you can farm Nightfalls for materials. This forum is mostly toxic children screaming that the world isn't fair before getting all the information.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • Here, never. In the real world, any & every time they've released content.

Posting in language:

• Nerfs are never a "thank you" action, really. Either they're expected due to bad balancing or they're unneeded and ruin something fun. Or a mix of both (i.e. Nova Warp). Thanks are given when new content is above and beyond the expected, such as an especially well-designed Crucible map or mode, or a new raid being better than past raids.

Posting in language:

• Destroying Magnificent Howl was not an "alright nerf" People didn't conclude that it's fine, they just gave up on it.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
                              • Last time I saw the community almost universally give praise to bungie was around when the whisper mission was found, and around when forsaken launched. Of course a lot has changed since then. The (relatively high) quality of forsaken has been almost non existent since its release, and whisper, alongside many other exotics, has been nerfed pretty hard.

Posting in language:

• They don't operate on praise & hugs they operate on dollars & cents. But if they ever remove eververse ( they won't ) then i'll be first in line to thank them.

Posting in language:

• Edited by King Cal1co: 11/4/2019 9:25:06 PM
                                They get thanks when we BUY the dlc. Stop being such a baby. Also ruining the nf and Luna deserves no thanks at all.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                • In all honesty though, spectral blades and striker are still a bit too over powered in the crucible

Posting in language:

• They do get praise, here is some recently. Outbreak Quest & the Menagerie when it launched.

Posting in language:

• When a company installs something at my house, and they do the job properly, on time, and the person is pleasant and professional, they get 4 stars. Why not 5 stars? Because they did their job. That's why I paid them. That 5th star is earned when they have to do something that they don't want to do, and that isn't making them money, like come out and fix it in a snow storm at their expense. Bungie is a game developer. That means they get paid to make games. If they do it properly, they get paid and keep their jobs. If they do it badly, they get called out for it, and get dumped by their publisher. Considering how badly bungie has done by the players over the last 5 years, they would have to do something pretty unbelievable to even come close to that 5th star.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                                  • Appreciation should be given when a developer goes [i]above and beyond[/i] what's expected of them. Not for things like fixing bugged quests and broken game mechanics. That's just their job.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • I wrote a post thanking Bungie for fixing the app (which they broke lol) the other day.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon