JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by OmnigulFartCloud: 7/3/2017 2:13:06 AM
Though I never thought so at the time, I feel the Exo Stranger's story was tied up with the NTTE exotic quest. During it, Praedeth states that he can see the Exo Stranger in every timeline. This led me to believe that her cutscene in [b]A Stranger's Call[/b], where she states [i]"Too late. Returning. How many? Hold position, kill the engines, and don't let them find you"[/i], she is not speaking to someone in another location, but rather someone in another timeline, and that someone is Praedeth and he has just come across a gaggle of Gorgons. So while the story may be tied up like Bungie claims, it was certainly not nicely and it was something we had to figure out for ourselves. We still don't know where she came from and how she became involved with Praedeth.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Fae: 7/4/2017 11:17:36 PM
    Her communication with Praedyth while he was in the Vault is an interesting theory, but I don't think it's true. [i]"Hold position, [b]kill the engines,[/b] and don't let them find you."[/i] "Kill the engines" seems like an interesting phrase to use if she's talking to someone inside the Vault, since it implies the use of a ship or some other kind of vehicle. I'm assuming you mean in the Vault since the Gorgons are in the Vault only and nowhere else.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• In this timeline, that is correct. Nothing is said of Gorgons' powers in other timelines, so we are left to assume.

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• You're right, however they thought it was tied up, they didn't do a very good job. But the main thing, even if the No Time To Explain exotic quest is part of The Exo Stranger's plotline (which I thought so too) that only makes more questions (what's her ties to Ana Bray and the Bray family, for instance). And it STILL doesn't answer her final comment in vanilla, that OUR fight is not over. Given the community's reaction alone to Luke Smith's words, they should really start planning to do something more with her. I know they want Destiny 1 to be "Book 0" or whatever but... they should really start trying to be true to their fans creatively instead of letting things we love fall to the wayside. Reviews for a game are great, and having good scores to say that you did a good job is awesome, but the one factor that carries entertainment forward more than any other has always and will always be the consumers that pay for it. And companies like Bungie have to understand that the creative process (which is heavily involved for making a story like this) HAS to take that into account. GO where you readers want you to explore, don't ignore what they want to hear about.

Posting in language:

• Perhaps she was made an Exo by the Bray laboratory? I haven't read too much into the lore beyond what's actually in the game (item descriptions, flavor text, etc). Did Bray even conduct these types of experiments, and if so is there anything in Ana's story that suggests a relationship with the Exo?

Posting in language:

• Maybe, that's really not the point though. The answers to these questions should really be in game. For other characters and mysteries (like Nokris, one of my favourite mysteries) they don't necessarily need to be answered. But the Exo Stranger was a driving force for that opening chapter, and she was made out to be a mystery we would one day unravel. They should really do that, and preferably in game, not through comics or webisodes.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon