JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discutez de tout ce qui concerne Destiny 2.
11/30/2022 7:40:55 AM

Why did you guys pre order in the first place?

Everyone is saying they are cancelling the pre order. I just don't get why you would pre order to begin with? Is there a danger that they'll run out of copies before you get yours? Make Bungie earn your money. Don't throw it at them because they made a cool trailer with green Tarzan ropes. You have yourselves to blame.
English
#destiny2

Langue du message :

Modifier
Prévisualiser

Jouez selon les règles. Prenez une minute pour lire notre Code de conduite avant d'envoyer le message. Annuler Modifier Créer l'escouade Publier

• I’d have preordered when it dropped if I had the money. Still intend to do so, the TWAB has me looking forward to how it works out. Lowkey tempted to dust off Whisper to meme around in comp next season.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

Jouez selon les règles. Prenez une minute pour lire notre Code de conduite avant d'envoyer le message. Annuler Modifier Créer l'escouade Publier

• I just think it's neat, and i have fun playing. Hells, i had fun playing even during the double primary year of D2 and i was TRASH at pvp back then. The story has been fun to see, the loot is nice, and, well, i have fun. I know i said that a couple of times, but that's why i keep playing. If some people have an issue with that... well, that's on them. ...now if only i could craft Season of the Dawn weapons, i'd be happy.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

2 commentaires
    • Because when it comes out it will be after Christmas with higher energy prices. Got the money at the moment

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

• Destiny for me is a hobby. It’s where some of my extra cash goes. It’s money I have zero problem loosing or not getting my moneys worth. That’s the whole point of a hobby. Extra cash for things you like to do.

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

I dont ever pre-order, but maybe for some, they already invested the time and just want to finish. Its just a game at the end of the day.

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

• Simply put: I used to love Destiny enough to want to preorder and support Bungie. D2 was in a good place when I preordered. I had hope and excitement. Recent seasons where it feels like Bungie is no longer trying destroyed both. That is why I am not preordering moving forward.

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

• I did it for the pay to win auto rifle of course! Turns out I need a refund, as I still suck. [spoiler]THIS IS SARCASM (minus the I still suck part)[/spoiler]

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

• Exactly🤦‍♀️

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

• i did NOT

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

• [quote]Everyone is saying they are cancelling the pre order. I just don't get why you would pre order to begin with? Is there a danger that they'll run out of copies before you get yours? Make Bungie earn your money. Don't throw it at them because they made a cool trailer with green Tarzan ropes. You have yourselves to blame.[/quote] Exactly. They sound like spoiled children. I wish they would stop being so dramatic and quietly cancel their pre-order and quit the game. But they have to throw a public tantrum to be heard by all, but nobody cares.

Langue du message :

Modifier
      Prévisualiser

2 commentaires
      • [quote]Everyone is saying they are cancelling the pre order. I just don't get why you would pre order to begin with? Is there a danger that they'll run out of copies before you get yours? Make Bungie earn your money. Don't throw it at them because they made a cool trailer with green Tarzan ropes. You have yourselves to blame.[/quote] This should be a sticky at the top of the forum. The cancel pre-order prople pretend the enemy is Bungie but it is really themselves. Don't buy sight unseen unless you are truly dedicated to the game. The rest should wait until after the release and the reviews come out.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• I don't have an issue with pre-ordering. If its a game that I know I'm gonna get - which D2 expansion are, givne the amount of time I've already put in - then I do it. I don't blame people for not pre-ordering though. The incentive isn't there anymore. I think what a lot of people forget - especially younger folks, probably 16-18 years old and younger at this point - is that pre-ordering started in a much different context. While you would typically get some sort of bonus in-game for pre-ordering, the real incentive was to actually secure the game itself. Its been within the last 8-10 years that digital games have overtaken the physical copies. Before that, we had to head into our Gamestop/Best Buy/Walmart/Target/etc and get the actual disc if we wanted to play. I'm sure tons of people on here have fond memories of hanging out in line with 100's of people at midnight releases (Modern Warfare 3 specifically sticks out to me). Kinda sad that kids these days won't ever get that experience. Anywho, back to the point, y'all know what I'm saying. If you wanted to play a big release on launch day, you had no choice but to pre-order. Otherwise it'd be totally sold out and you'd have to wait for a restock to get into the game. This is also why modern games experience such major server issues at launch - they're getting slammed all at once when people log on, whereas the era of physical games would bottleneck the population and prevent server overloads. So yea, that initial need to pre-order is gone. Like I said though, I say go for it if ya want, and I typically do if I know I'm definitely getting something. That said, the complaint posts are kinda overbearing. I get it, they're trying to make a statement to Bungie, and they absolutely have a point because there's a lot wrong in the game right now. It still comes off as an attention grab though.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• Taken King was the last time I pre-ordered, hell I tend not to bother trying to play for a day or two after a new content drop due to the servers being garbage and the inevitable bugfest. I'd still like my missing artifice armour slots back but I doubt that's ever happening lol.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• Modifié par karateken85 : 12/1/2022 1:26:47 PM
        Stopped pre-ordering a long time ago. You think people would learn not to especially after the Cyberpunk fiasco.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• [quote]Everyone is saying they are cancelling the pre order.[/quote] Nope, not everyone. There are gamers like myself that are smart enough to know pre-ordering from this business is nothing but a disappointment. I stop doing that after The Taken King. I mean, Bungie is even trying to hype the next DLC on Reddit. I normally don't read anything from there but there is a post that mentioned how "the devs are amazed at the work they did for the next season" as if it's going to be any better than what they have been doing that has been basically copy and paste work for 4 years now. People pre-order out of habit, especially nowadays because they don't think before taking action, better known as Impulse buying. These people need to wake the hell up, it's why businesses such as this one get away with a lot of nonsense. TBH, this generation annoys me, it's why most games are garbage these days.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• The fact that so many people preordered and cancelled in the span of one season when there’s only been one trailer for Lightfall is funny to me… and telling.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• I have not pre-ordered yet for precisely this reason.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• Id say its due to general stupidity and negligence. This is exactly why I've only ever pre ordered FULL games that are actually good. God of war, and Ghost of Tsushima. ...I cant imagine being foolish enough to pre-order a $100 dlc

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

• Modifié par hemlock : 11/30/2022 10:07:04 PM
        For me, it was a way to support the company. I never pre order anything, but since Bungo left Activision I bought into the whole narrative that Acti was the one causing problems. I was a huge, huge fan of the franchise. I started pre ordering and yes, buying from Eververse once in a while. Now, I've done a full 180. Every "hater" was once a loyal customer. Edit: even after all of that, I did pre order Light Fall. But since community managers and other bungLe staff have been so rude lately, I decided to cancel my pre order through Steam.

Langue du message :

Modifier
        Prévisualiser

1 commentaire
        • Modifié par Monarkey : 11/30/2022 9:40:22 PM
          Typical destiny players lol. Preordering a game is one thing, ok who cares, but preordering a DLC is something else. Especially dlc made by this company who has shown complete inconsistency with their content over the years

Langue du message :

Modifier
          Prévisualiser

3 commentaires
          • I wanted the gun that they immediately disabled due to bugs…. Ironically. Damn I got got, tricked, bamboozled, hoodwinked, hustled, crawfished, catfished, etc….. won’t be doing that again.

Langue du message :

Modifier
            Prévisualiser

5 commentaires
            • Heard you can keep the exotic even after cancelling your preorder so : - Preorder - Claim preorder exotic - Cancel preorder - ???? - Grofit

Langue du message :

Modifier
              Prévisualiser

• Pre-ordering 6 months in advance generally only gets you "I'm a sucker and pre-ordered so I could advertise that fact with my paid-for cosmetics." Giving Bunglie an interest-free loan for 6 months for guaranteed money with no product shipped just gives them a license to be mediocre because you, their trained monkey, will throw money at the screen no matter what. If you really just HAVE to have the cosmetics, at least wait until the day before release to pre-order.

Langue du message :

Modifier
              Prévisualiser

2 commentaires
              • for me : because a friend offered me the pre order for all of my friends : they just wanted to get the exotic weapon, and most of them cancelled their pre order (it doesnt remove the autoriffle from your inventory, and you still can use it)

Langue du message :

Modifier
                Prévisualiser

• Pre-ordering 6 months in advance generally only gets you "I'm a sucker and pre-ordered so I could advertise that fact with my paid-for cosmetics." Giving Bunglie an interest-free loan for 6 months for guaranteed money with no product shipped just gives them a license to be mediocre because you, their trained monkey, will throw money at the screen no matter what. If you really just HAVE to have the cosmetics, at least wait until the day before release to pre-order.

Langue du message :

Modifier
                Prévisualiser

1 commentaire
                • Modifié par hate n payne : 11/30/2022 8:37:39 PM
                  What I dont understand is why even mention you are going to cancel your pre-order to the world…. Nobody gets cool points for stating it to the world. It is like they are following each other because it seems like a societal norm to fit in, gain attention or to feel noticed. It is silly.

Langue du message :

Modifier
                  Prévisualiser

4 commentaires
                  Vous n'êtes pas autorisé(e) à visionner ce contenu.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon