JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

publié à l'origine sous : why sunset so much just to add so little
10/26/2020 12:23:50 AM
Let's make space . . . Take down the old raids. Replace them with [i][b]older[/b][/i] raids from D1?. . . 🤔??? SMH! Bungie Logic! So nowadays, when Bungo makes a Video Game, it comes out as a Magic Card game! Bungie Logic!
English

Langue du message :

Modifier
Prévisualiser

Jouez selon les règles. Prenez une minute pour lire notre Code de conduite avant d'envoyer le message. Annuler Modifier Créer l'escouade Publier

• Take down old raids that no one really plays, and some of which are broken and cheesable..... ...and replace them with TWO raids. One that is brand new...and one that will be updated. Sound business logic. The point is to keep players on the forward edge of the game and playing the new content. Not going back and using three year old raids as a sandbox.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

Jouez selon les règles. Prenez une minute pour lire notre Code de conduite avant d'envoyer le message. Annuler Modifier Créer l'escouade Publier

• Modifié par Knox Knox : 10/26/2020 10:20:14 PM
    Kelly Green is in the house again. It's always an honor to talk to you every now and then. And with you, it's always down to business. So let's get down to it. [quote]Take down old raids that no one really plays, and some of which are broken and cheesable.....[/quote] First of all, my post is satire. I'm sure you know what that means. I'm not trying to be argumentative. Just pointing out the silliness of it all. But, here we are at it again. Lol. [quote]...and replace them with TWO raids. One that is brand new...and one that will be updated.[/quote] Well, you're kinda wrong on this one. They are not replacing the Vaulted old D2 raids with a new raid. The new Raid that's coming with Beyond Light is already a given. It's coming whether they Vault old ones or not. It's always been Destiny's annual drops tradition to have 1 new Raid per year. If you are a regular Destiny player, you should know this. So, the new Raid coming with Beyond Light is not a replacement to the Vaulted old D2 raids. It's already given and coming regardless. Now, with the old D1 raids coming to D2. It's old. No matter how you put it. They are old raids. D1 raids are old raids. Updated or not, they are still old. For me at least. That's the irony of my satire. I remember that latest Bungo vidoc a couple months ago during the pandemic where 2 Bungo guys sitting on chairs. One of them, I think the dude with the Nose name, apologies, could not remember. He said something to the effect about how the game is bloated and such. That's the irony of it. They say game is bloated. So they're making space by Vaulting old raids, just to replace them with older raids from D1. LMFAO! I thought that was silly. Hence, the satire. If you ask me, if they take away old content to make some desperately needed space, I'd expect them to replace it with new content. Not old D1 raid content. I'm guessing they can't, so they resort to the easy way that's already there. No matter how you sugarcoat it, it's still old D1 raids. But that's just me. [quote]Sound business logic.[/quote] Again, the new Raid coming with Beyond Light is already a given. I think it's already part of the traditional Destiny business. The old D1 raids, not sure if it's sound business logic on my end because you can't sell old D1 content to me anymore. I've played them before. I can still play them right now. Again, you can sugar coat old content, it's still old content I've already played. So, no business for me means no sound business at all. If you can't sell me old D1 content, there is no sound business logic for that at all. 2 cents. Maybe it is sound for the new guys. But if you can't sell it to me, I doesn't matter whether it is sound or not. [quote]The point is to keep players on the forward edge of the game and playing the new content. Not going back and using three year old raids as a sandbox.[/quote] Gamers will always play new content. That's the point of making and giving them new content on a regular basis. Vaulting content or not, when you give gamers new content, they'll always move forward and play new content. Having the old content in their place is just extra stuff for all. Like D1, still running and supported. But it's not up to me unfortunately. Lol. Like you said, not going back and using three year old raids as a sandbox. But then a six year old D1 raid will replace it on the same sandbox. I thought that is silly as well. But that's just me. Nevertheless, gamers will always move forward and play new content regardless of Vaulting old content or not. Gamers will always play new content. My 2 cents. Once again, it's always a pleasure with Kelly Green. And my original post is just satire and not argumentative at all. It's mostly observation of how silly things are turning out for the changes of the game. But that's just me.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Modifié par kellygreen2 : 10/26/2020 10:35:50 PM
    1. Look at this thread. If I missed a subtle effort at humor by an adult that snuck into this virtual day care center, I think you can understand how it happened. 2. The business model of the game has changed. A point that many veteran Destiny players have missed. One of my favorite streamers is going on about his issues with Bungie’s marketing right now...and he’s missed that point as well. [i]Bungie is selling you a **service**. They are no longer selling you a **product**. [/i] If you keep trying to look at what Bungie is doing with the game in terms of selling a product to a fixed audience...you’ll never make sense of it. But when you step back and look at what they are doing in terms of selling a SERVICE to a dynamic and changing audience? It not only makes sense, it’s actually very smart. Bungie is no longer running the Activision playbook where the only way to get the product into your hands is to get you to pay for it all up front, and most of their money is made by selling you game play content.... and get you to keep buying it. No. Bungie is running the playbook used by many MMOs now. They play [i]the long con.[/i]. They don’t have to sell you [i]anything[/i] up front. Hey come play the game for free. Better yet try the game as part of Hame Pass (we’ll get a cut of what your paying to MS in sub fees.) Ohh... hey look at that cool cosmetic in the vanity store...only a few bucks. Like the game? Hey look all that cool stuff in the Season Pass!! Only $10. Decided you like the game but ran out of stuff to do? Buy the expansion for $40! Get the camel’s nose under the tent...and slowly lure them in...and before long the entire animal is inside the tent. Much of what Bungie is doing isn’t about keeping veteran players and keeping them happy. [i]Its about laying the foundation for the influx of NEW players they expect to see with Game Pass...and making sure as many of them become full time players as possible.[/i] It’s why we’re hearing so more about quality of life improvements to the game than we’re hearing about NEW stuff.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Not my cup of tea anymore. I'm not arguing either about the new direction of the game. They can do whatever they want. I think we've been here before. Some followers have certain expectations about the game. They've followed the game for 6 years, and they want to follow it until the end because for some reason there is something about the game that they have come to enjoy. They invested that time to stick with the game and maybe stick with it some more until the end, until the makers decided to change something that is completely different to what they have come to love and enjoy about the game. But, nothing can be done about that anymore. You could only go so far with quality of life without NEW stuff until even the new guys would get bored and then starts to complain as well. But I can't see the future, and I don't have a crystal ball. Nevertheless, the game will always have a following, less one person. Me. I'll play free, when I get the chance. That's the extent of my investment now. Sad ending from such a great start. But I'm only seeing it on my perspective. I know there are a couple of great things that Bungo could capitalize on. But I'm not saying it if they can't see it. They created something special. Lots of potential for it. But they are too busy to see it.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• I do agree that bungie drops the ball almost everytime you hand it to them but lets be honest VOG is better than any of the D2 raids so im keen to see it come back lol

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Modifié par Knox Knox : 10/26/2020 1:06:44 AM
    [quote]I do agree that bungie drops the ball almost everytime you hand it to them but lets be honest VOG is better than any of the D2 raids so im keen to see it come back lol[/quote] No doubt. Most raids have always left a certain appeal to everyone. Including VoG. King's Fall is my favorite. It's just a weird way of reintroducing it when clearly they are in trouble making new content. So they resort to bringing nostalgia back instead. LMFAO! They can't fool me though. VoG is VoG. If I really made space, I'll put new things in there. But they can't, so they use nostalgia as their next weapon. Lol. Too shallow for me.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Oh for sure it's just a nostalgia grab i agree but by golly am i gonna go to town on that nostalgia hahaha

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• [quote]Oh for sure it's just a nostalgia grab i agree but by golly am i gonna go to town on that nostalgia hahaha[/quote] I'm playing free. Not buying anymore expansions for this game. Some directions they took left a sour taste. As free player, I don't even know how much content I could play. I mean, I could go back to D1 right now and still get into a raid anytime, right now. Like literally right now! D1 game and raids are still rocking up to this day. Lol. We'll see what happens what free loader can do on this game in the next 3 years. Lol.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Right now you can do everything except iron banana, trials of the sweats, festival of the lost & Dawning activities in destiny 1. But you better believe you'll have more fun in destiny than in destiny 2. In before the Bungie defense league go Rose tinted glasses.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• [quote]Right now you can do everything except iron banana, trials of the sweats, festival of the lost & Dawning activities in destiny 1. But you better believe you'll have more fun in destiny than in destiny 2. In before the Bungie defense league go Rose tinted glasses.[/quote] Yep. I've been there. D1 vet since Beta and been playing for 6 years straight on both D1 and D2 only. And yes, I sometimes go back and play D1 raids with clan and friends. I agree, D1 guns feel a little better than D2. What I meant by playing free is D2. I've always been a paying patron of Destiny. But lately, I don't like the direction they're taking the game now. So, I'm not buying any expansions moving forward. But I'll probably play the free D2 version starting next season onwards. And from here, I don't know what are the contents that are available for me to play as a free loader of D2Y4. I have no idea what is in store for me since they are taking a lot of old content. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

Vous n'êtes pas autorisé(e) à visionner ce contenu.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon