JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

publié à l'origine sous : Beyond light isn't even close to worth 50$
Modifié par BungoHater : 9/17/2020 10:53:59 AM
This DLC system is so confusing for new players or returning players that I’m actually really happy Bungie is suffering for pulling shit like this off. I hope Bungie gets to a point of financial difficulty that they are forced to downsize and even break off. Laying off their ‘workers’ who just provide cosmetic changes with no passion towards a project anymore. Bungie’s downfall will be the best thing that’s happened to them in this past decade, because all the talent and ambition has left the building already. Their shite DLC and learnt Activision money grabbing ways have corrupted a once mighty studio and we all know it. Management fault for sure. Another studio failed by shitty management. True cancer in the industry.
English

Langue du message :

Modifier
Prévisualiser

Jouez selon les règles. Prenez une minute pour lire notre Code de conduite avant d'envoyer le message. Annuler Modifier Créer l'escouade Publier

• Kinda hope you get fired for hoping people get fired

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

Jouez selon les règles. Prenez une minute pour lire notre Code de conduite avant d'envoyer le message. Annuler Modifier Créer l'escouade Publier

• Eh if bungie falls, destiny ip falls too, would be better if a bigger studio bought bungie out and just remade destiny 2 in a new engine and then pull out stuff from current D2 (without titan, io, mars, mercury and other stuff that'll be out starting next dlc) and slowly putting it in their D2 remake while fixing bugs along the way, polish it etc then release it. That would be great honestly if we got a "from the ground up" remake of D2 that was optimized right without the years of tangled spaghetti code that's been ported into D2 from D1

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Cynical, but unfortunately true, that we pretty much have to wish for actual suffering of Bungie for them to wake tf up

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• The problem with layoffs is, the people laid off are rarely the ones responsible for the corporate issues.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• [quote]This DLC system is so confusing for new players or returning players that I’m actually really happy Bungie is suffering for pulling shit like this off. I hope Bungie gets to a point of financial difficulty that they are forced to downsize and even break off. Laying off their ‘workers’ who just provide cosmetic changes with no passion towards a project anymore. Bungie’s downfall will be the best thing that’s happened to them in this past decade, because all the talent and ambition has left the building already. Their shite DLC and learnt Activision money grabbing ways have corrupted a once mighty studio and we all know it. Management fault for sure. Another studio failed by shitty management. True cancer in the industry.[/quote] This is the sad truth. Canning Joseph Statin and Marty O’Donnell was the beginning of the end for Bungie and Destiny.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• This

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Lol they made 200k in the first 2 day’s of solstice just off the finisher. Not even counting the armor ornaments or the other 3 weeks and 5 days of the event. Hate on Bungie all you want but the companies far from failure. And likely never will fail now that they have a dedicated following in Destiny.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• *200k gross. It means nothing if net’s in the red

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• So you’re claiming they spent more than $200k making that emote?

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Lol wut? I’m not claiming anything. And how do you not understand the fundamentals of finance or paying bills?

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• You’re saying they made the $200k but we’re still in the red afterward. In the red means they spent more making the product than made by selling it. Quite frankly I don’t think they spent $200k making pretty much all of the eververse items combined. If you want to talk about the game/company as a whole, they made 300 mill in digital sales last year, and with 600 employees (average game dev salary at 100k) they paid out at most around 60 mill, and I’m willing to bet the bills for keeping the lights on, game upkeep, and producing new content isn’t costing them 240 million dollars. On top of that there’s no telling how much Microsoft paid for it to be on Gamespass, or Stadia paid for it to be a hallmark title on their system. You can run the number anyway you want, but you’re gonna have to make up a lot of shit to try and put Bungie in the red.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Ya. Nobody knows. Either way. That’s why I implicitly said “if”. They could be in the green. They could have massive debt they’re trying to pay down after Activision split. Dunno but saying they “made $300 mil” means nothing without context. That’s where the “if” comes into play

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• That says there players would rather pay cash than grind the shitty content. Cosmetics are an investment in the pipe dream that bungie will one day turn things around. Wishful thinking but it’s really sad if you evaluate the success of a developer based on mtx sales not quality content. Last I checked cd project red is loved because they made an amazing game and didn’t milk the players.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• No as someone else pointed out, the finisher was only obtainable via silver. I base the level of their success on their active playerbase. Which right now is around a million, probably dying down to 8-900k until FotL. For comparison WoWs holding around 2-300k players, as is warzone currently(just the f2p version) Modern warfare itself has 2 mill. Warframes at around 50k. [url=https://playercounter.com]source[/url]

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Its already in the 800K’s and has be declining for weeks. They are lucky they went f2p, or numbers would be very low historically.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Yeah that’s what happens at the end of the season. Start of it had 1.4 mil, shadowkeep had 2.5. I’d bet it jumps back up over 2 mill when the new expansion launches, then slowly dies down again until season 13 and so on. That’s just how the population fluctuates. Always has, always will. And historical lows? Lol doubt it. When they tried to cater to casuals in Y1 the game was under 100k players. Now it’s been nearly 2 years since it was under half a mill. They have nothing to worry about as long as they don’t revert back to Y1 BS.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• The finisher was silver only, but who spent silver on the Solstice glows? I bought all 3 characters with Bright Dust, and I'm back to more than I had when Solstice started, even though I have bought a few minor things along the way.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• I know a very casual friend who did for all 3 characters. Didn’t even go for the final set. Just bought $45 worth of glows, put them on his original set, and got off. I might’ve got the finisher as well. You gotta rememberers there’s people literally out here paying $100+ for a trials carry. You think they care about spending a little cash on cool looking stuff instead of putting the effort into getting BD?

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• [quote]I know a very casual friend who did for all 3 characters. Didn’t even go for the final set. Just bought $45 worth of glows, put them on his original set, and got off.[/quote] Just...wow. No wonder Bungie isn't worried about the Beyond Light price tag.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Modifié par GanjaLordGenji : 9/17/2020 6:35:19 PM
    Yeah I understand some people worry about quality or quantities, changes or nerfs, etc. but the simple fact is Bungies found a good audience of people that have 0 issue buying cosmetics for the sake of looking cool, along with players like me that have invested so much time where a $40-50 expansion is literally a joke compared to the playtime I’ll get out of it. As I’ll likely hit the 3k hours played in D2 come November. The games not going anywhere until they finish the story they want to tell.

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Congrats. I passed that threshold a while back and I can’t see myself spending more on what we’ve been given. Just sits wrong with me. To each there own

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

• Unfortunately... Bungle will still be around for a while, but it also means more ways to make fun of 'em and watch the memes roll out the welcome wagon :).

Langue du message :

Modifier
    Prévisualiser

Vous n'êtes pas autorisé(e) à visionner ce contenu.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon