JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/20/2024 10:30:20 PM

Warlocks have no shot in crucible.

Warlocks have no build or anything to play against titans in crucible. Well is -blam!-, daybreak has never really been viable because in the crucible world being in the air is vulnerability and vulnerability equals death. Prismatic has nothing to offer on the crucible. For PvE is amazing and fun. But here we have nothing, not even dash. How is your slowest character suppose to compete to the fastest than even hunter that can’t combine winter shroud and clones not even including exotic or there choice? Titan same damn thing. Literally. We have no optimal super than can compete long rage song of flame is inconsistent and can be easily escaped by the other 2 now even faster clases. Transversive steps and Ophedian is all we have for crucible I don’t know how we’re supposed to manage with this against them. Been a warlock main since September 9 2014, and today I can say, you guys killed Warlocks.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

What crucible are you talking about?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The current meta “buddy” build on prismatic Double coldsnap build Triple lightning surge The new healing helmet on solar or prismatic Just named you 4 builds you could use, so idk what you’re talking about

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • This is a mis-direction thread, right? Nice try. Voidlock, Solarlock, Threadlock, Icelock.....are eatin' well with plenty to leverage.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Salty-47: 6/21/2024 5:05:35 PM
      I don't think you know how to play warlock. I mainly play warlock, and I have no problem in crucible. Most other warlocks I run into in crucible also don't seem to have a problem either. The worst part is I go into crucible with pve setups, and I can still do perfectly fine. Also, if it's so bad playing as a warlock in crucible, why do you play so much of it on that character. Warlocks are far from dead. Use song of flame, nove bomb, needlestorm, literally any super. Well may have been nerfed, but it still is annoying to deal with unless you're popping it in front of a whole team and expecting to win.

Posting in language:

• Everything you said in this post is just factually wrong and literally a skill issue.

Posting in language:

• Just use air dodge as a warlock in dawnblade then?? If you’re complaining about air vulnerability then don’t use heat rises? Transverse and Ophidian arent the only viable options for pvp exotics. Dude if you’re looking to match the speed of hunters in pvp you should just play hunter. Warlock is all about ability utilization and neither exotic provides either. Supers as well, you have; nova bomb, needlestorm, even chaos reach. If a hunter is gonna rush you, pop threadling rift, if they’re using clones then just back off and retreat. If you’ve been playing for as long as you say you have, and have not learned a single thing about the classes and their roles, it’s an issue that you have to resolve with yourself.

Posting in language:

• As another warlock main, warlocks are not bad. They are overshadowed by prismatic hunters right now, but they definitely have a few builds that absolutely hold their own.

Posting in language:

• Some of the world's best PvPers main Warlocks. I'm going with, "Skill Issue."

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Don’t let it bother you the PvP teams are not good at what they do. It is an unbalanced mess.

Posting in language:

• PREACH! As a fellow voidlock main since D1, I think it’s finally over for us. Other classes have better kits and our warlock identities.

Posting in language:

peaches
        peaches

tht/b♡tch - old

map knowledge -> use radar for angles/positioning -> loadout -> get info from engagement/shoot gun once or twice (adv. or disadvant., am i in my weapon’s optimal range for ttk? good cover? team w me or no? 1v1 or 1v2?) -> either disengage or continue fight -> if win do again and enjoy the process :3 -> if dead find what you did wrong here and enjoy the process :3 i dont necessarily think a subclass skips these guidelines in a match bc other things are more important, its a tool to help you get results tldr umm no warlocks do have a shot in crucible, players who crutch on subclasses hit a ceiling rq

Posting in language:

• Nova bomb for warlock, strand for titan.

Posting in language:

• Not really accurate. Now are there things that are worse than the other classes? Sure. Here are some to be upset about if any. Strand ult has the worst tracking out of any ult. It’s not close. The super armor for how bad it is is poor. The startup time is also pits Arc supers, all of them are also worse than any other hunter titan option, short range or long start up time. For gods sake laser beam has a TTK😐 Slowva bomb can be outran, and kills you often if you pop in someone’s face. Why this is… well I don’t know. Compared to titans axe throw, it can be done once, and can’t be picked up again to run around with. Crazy -blam!- ult that one. Nova warp has awful range, and only is usable with blink. Making it the highest skill ult in the game. Now. Does that mean warlock is bad in PVP. No, however it does mean it takes the most skill as the kits for warlock are generally not plug and play. There also hasn’t been anything “broken” or “meta defining” on warlock since hand held supernova. Speaking of which, that’s still in the game! Most people don’t know, because it’s so bad it’s never used.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Edited by BedlamX: 6/21/2024 1:03:28 PM
          [quote]Warlocks have no build or anything to play against titans in crucible. Well is -blam!-, daybreak has never really been viable because in the crucible world being in the air is vulnerability and vulnerability equals death. Prismatic has nothing to offer on the crucible. For PvE is amazing and fun. But here we have nothing, not even dash. How is your slowest character suppose to compete to the fastest than even hunter that can’t combine winter shroud and clones not even including exotic or there choice? Titan same damn thing. Literally. We have no optimal super than can compete long rage song of flame is inconsistent and can be easily escaped by the other 2 now even faster clases. Transversive steps and Ophedian is all we have for crucible I don’t know how we’re supposed to manage with this against them. Been a warlock main since September 9 2014, and today I can say, you guys killed Warlocks.[/quote] Crucible IMO is about shooting guns it would seem that Crucible for you is about abilities That being said if you are not satisfied with your abilities on the warlock, get really good at shooting the guns so you can dominate

Posting in language:

• go prismatic: strand melee, necrotic grip, arc aspect spam slide melee toxic af but it works

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Edited by Bore: 6/21/2024 8:29:19 AM
            [quote]Warlocks have no build or anything to play against titans in crucible. Well is -blam!-, daybreak has never really been viable because in the crucible world being in the air is vulnerability and vulnerability equals death. Prismatic has nothing to offer on the crucible. For PvE is amazing and fun. But here we have nothing, not even dash. How is your slowest character suppose to compete to the fastest than even hunter that can’t combine winter shroud and clones not even including exotic or there choice? Titan same damn thing. Literally. We have no optimal super than can compete long rage song of flame is inconsistent and can be easily escaped by the other 2 now even faster clases. Transversive steps and Ophedian is all we have for crucible I don’t know how we’re supposed to manage with this against them. Been a warlock main since September 9 2014, and today I can say, you guys killed Warlocks.[/quote] Not a single one shot ability is meta. Warlocks do indeed have access to one shot abilities.

Posting in language:

• Well well well, yet another one of these posts. Every season we see one of these "Warlocks are the weakest class" posts, bare minimum. Usually significantly more. And every season, people still continue to play warlocks at a high level. In both pve and pvp. It's never true.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Can't you just use the stasis powered melee to freeze a target and then shoot them while they're stuck? If they break out they take damage and then are ripe for the picking.

Posting in language:

• It's the player not the subclass, a great player is good with anything you put in front of them.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Zodleon: 6/21/2024 1:53:26 AM
              Triple slide melee is kinda really annoying, and icarus dash double explosion fusions and snap is still good. I definitely agree that stands out, though. Anyway skill > class. So, like the other guy, your title is a bit too absolute to get my vote.

Posting in language:

• Although I don’t necessarily agree with the absolute nature of your title I don’t disagree with you that warlocks supers and melee suck, exotics are empty compared to other classes. At times It takes two three hits with dawnblade to defeat other classes and its cooldown is so long that its is not an effective counter to other supers. Most of our supers have long base cooldowns yet cause less damage and are difficult to get multi kills unlike the other classes supers. To me it is lazy of Bungie. It just feels like they only want you to play one class and wish they never had to maintain three classes.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
              You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon