JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/19/2024 11:22:49 PM

Rude arrogant players.

About 10 minutes ago I had joined a group doing the final boss add clears. In that group was a particularly rude individual. Angry that I couldn't be on all sides at once basically. And because of this demanded I be thrown out. I have mental issues and get confused easily under stress. But I gave it all I had it breaks my heart that there are individuals like this on Destiny 2.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Pantheon be like

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You need to grow a thicker skin.

Posting in language:

• Edited by STARKILLER2258: 6/20/2024 8:44:07 PM
    For every cool destiny player there are probably 7 miserable -blam!-. I did a lot of sherpa stuff in the D1 raids. We could gather 3-4 full raid teams of regulars at the drop of a hat, and we did the raids almost every day and we got a -blam!- ton of people through. Sadly none of these people continued to D2. I think a turning point came with the wrath of the machine raid. I don't know what the hell happened but the chuckleheads came out of the woodwork around that time and really made it miserable. The raid teams we had could blow through kings fall in under 30 minutes never failing an encounter while literally goofing off, and yet when some of these guys, seriously good seasoned raiders, tried to learn wrath of the machine they were met with a constant stream of miserable -blam!-.My own experience with wrath of the machine was after a few times with my hunter I had it down pretty good. I was asked to come in with my titan by an LFG team. I told the leader I never did it with a titan and don't know all the titan things that titans would do in the raid. He insisted I use a titan. The whole time he yelled about not standing here, not doing this titan thing, not doing that titan thing, etc. We got through it, and at the end this -blam!- says have fun with your carry. None of my guys went to D2, they were done, and my raiding days mostly came to a close. I was on both sides of the fence. 100's of raids across VOG, crota, and kings fall with lots of sherpa stuff, and all with good teams that played together constantly and routinely got new players through. Then I found myself having to use LFG. As far as LFG goes, yeah, press it in your -blam!-, I would rather have ball surgery with a rusty soup can lid. I'll fart around on the planets wandering around aimlessly shooting at trees before dealing with that crap.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • Done the 12 man GM and some kid was yapping at people dying. Checked stats after and he had the lowest kill of all 12 players lol. Easy to stay alive if you doing nothing.

Posting in language:

• Always been the same. They just upset you have more of a life than them. Their raid report is their life.

Posting in language:

• Don’t worry about the -blam!- “Destiny and PronHub is all I do.” Half dead individuals who do this on the regular. They have no true friends and real achievements in life so this is their way of mattering. Like the saying goes… “Good help is hard to find.” A friendly Destiny player is even harder, but they’re out there.

Posting in language:

• That's just everywhere now. Gen z's are a bunch of entitled crybabies. That's what happens when parents stop spanking their children.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Well Bungie is both so it fits just right I guess

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          Anyone complaining about you in a game aren't really complaining about you. They are complaining about a version of you they made in their mind based off of what they observed of the version of you that you projected in to a game filtered through whatever matrixes go between who you are and what miniscule portion of a shadow of you could be conveyed in a game about shooting aliens. It has as much to do with you as if he yelled at a brick wall at his neighbours house. Don't take it personally. Because how could it be.

Posting in language:

• It’s always the uptight nerds that are like that …..

Posting in language:

• Unfortunately bungie doesn’t care. Other players will still say use LFG, fireteam finder, etc.

Posting in language:

• Bungie didn’t do fireteam finder correctly They need to add more tags actually especially one for carrying 💀 Cause I’m tired of people assuming the leader will know what to do And assume that they can 1 man all the mechanics Smh

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • [quote]About 10 minutes ago I had joined a group doing the final boss add clears. In that group was a particularly rude individual. Angry that I couldn't be on all sides at once basically. And because of this demanded I be thrown out. I have mental issues and get confused easily under stress. But I gave it all I had it breaks my heart that there are individuals like this on Destiny 2.[/quote] Few things here, and since you have mental issues I'm going to try and be gentle with what I'm telling you: 1. That guy was a dork. I just thought I would get that out of the way early. He's a turbo nerd of the highest order. 2. Sunshot. If you don't have one, get one. It's probably one of the best add clear weapons and last I checked it isn't too labor intensive to get. Aim at a crowd, fire and watch the entire group vanish. 3. Most times when people get confused it's because you're trying to do too many things at one time. If your job is add clear, just focus on slaying out. Don't try and do more than one job if one job is all you can actively process. 4. Never be afraid to ask how you can do better. I routinely ask my teammates how I can be doing my job better, and typically speaking they provide helpful advice. Be sure to do this early on, because it's helpful to work out the bugs quickly. 5. If you wouldn't ask them for life advice you shouldn't give their opinions too much weight. So what if some nerd says he doesn't want you on his raid team? Who is he? Nobody, that's who. He's not thinking about you right now, so don't let him take up brain space.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
            • Lol it sucks but that the destiny community. We're slowly going down the cod community standards xD Solution: Just make some friends (note i said friends not "clan" they all suck) And raid with them. That is the closest thing you will get to an enjoyable raid.

Posting in language:

• Unfortunately that’s the raiding community that guy probably died a lot and made up some stupid reason to blame you. Not all Lfg is like that tho chin up and forget about it. I’ve been in a similar position with lfgs before I just leave and don’t waste my time with players like that.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Welcome to the end game pve community. And people wonder why most players avoid lfg and don't raid. Hmmm IWONDER WHY

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • [quote]it breaks my heart that there are individuals like this on Destiny 2.[/quote] been outside lately? they're all over the place. lol just have to learn to ignore them and move on with life sadly.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Sad to hear this. My heart goes out to you. Send me a friend quest, please!

Posting in language:

• If u can’t handle stressful thing why u doing raids to in your terms makes your mental illness worse that to me is on u. Also it’s a lfg these people are every where what I can tell u is shrug it off it’s people that don’t matter laugh at them if anyone gets mad at me in a raid I laugh because who cares it’s a game but if your add clear u better be clearing them adds

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • He probably lives in a cave with his lizards

Posting in language:

• Just know whoever that person was is a total piece of ****. It’s not your fault and hope you get through your next raid experience. Let me know if you ever wanna team up ZayOsiris Gaming#2144 🤍

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • As you will see below in comments, it is widely known the destiny "community" is full of toxic individuals. Who knows if it's more or less than other gaming communities, but it is A LOT. And thats why its so crazy that Bungie forced players to find a 2nd player to get the Exotic Class items. Bungie really thought it was a great idea to lock that item behind the LFG and fireteam finder thats full of these toxic folks. Wild idea Bungie. wild

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Hence why so many people will only use lfg without using a mic.

Posting in language:

• Thats sucks. Thankfully there are good people in this community. I will eternally shout out the legends who took me through my divinity run. 41 minutes from start to div. They even complemented me and my fireteam member. As if they didnt do all the work while we only had to stand where they told us to. It was great. Keep your eyes up and youll find some good people. Try to let the rest of it go.

Posting in language:

• Yeah, that person probably doesn't want to play in a group either. Groups foster toxicity in games. The larger the group, the more toxic.

Posting in language:

• for raids or for campaign

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon