JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discusión sobre Destiny 2
Editado por jpavo1: 11/26/2022 2:54:42 AM

How would y'all fix the content drought and events?

Just curious. What would your ideal event/season be like? Edit: BUNGIE IF YOU'RE EVER GOING TO LISTEN TO ONE POST IN THE FORUMS, THIS IS IT!!!

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• Four events on a monthly cycle. One per week, two pvp, two pve. Each season adds new pvp and gambit map(s) and loot. Events include IB, srl, faction wars, and mayhem. This on top of regular seasonal events and frequent balance patches👌👍

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

2 Respuestas
    • You may think this is a joke, but it’s not. I wouldn’t have seasonal content - you don’t need it. I would simply start adding new and better content each season. Season 20 - PvEvP zone - think the dark zone in the division. Endless hours of repeatable content that is actually fun on subsequent playthroughs. Season 21 - Objective PvP game modes and new maps. Think capture the flag, griffball, oddball, vehicle battles, etc. Season 22 - loot season (repeat every 3rd season). First thing I’d do is give almost every boss in the game a uniquely themed farmable piece of loot (kind of like strike exclusive loot except for all bosses, even lost sector bosses). Id refresh vendor loot like D1 did frequently. Season 23 - Battle Royale season. I’ll get crucified for this one, but battle royale pvp is booming- and for good reason. As much as people meme on it, it can be fun. Season 24 - Player housing. Bungie loves their cash store, give them something else to sell - decor. We have our own guardian quarters somewhere in the system that we can pump out with loot we get from the open world, quests, bosses, or eververse. Season 25 - pump the game full of loot and create an auction house. Obviously only certain items would be sellable on the AH, but it would create a mini game within the game. More stuff for players to do. Good times. After this, I would just keep maintaining the system and focus on DLC content and keeping all of the systems maintained. If we had all this stuff, there would be no need for seasonal content. Everything would be repeatable and fun on subsequent experiences.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
      • Editado por Parpmeister: 11/27/2022 11:59:36 PM
        Mammalian Protuberances.

Publicando en idioma:

eeriearcade
        eeriearcade

On a break (see you in Lightfall) - 2/6/2023 6:19:29 PM

Personally, I’m fine with content droughts. I’d rather they put maximum effort into yearly DLC. I’d rather have less content and higher quality. It’s always going to be difficult to keep the quality bar high when you’re churning out a season every 3 months, while working on yearly DLC.

Publicando en idioma:

4 Respuestas
        • Bring back everything they have gotten rid of that we paid for.

Publicando en idioma:

• Adding a legendary strike playlist with better loot would probably be nice

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
          • By having Bungie hire me instead of continually giving them free ideas. 😂

Publicando en idioma:

• Everyone complaining we have short content droughts. Meanwhile here i am asking...do you guys have any other thing that keeps you entertained for at least 2 months that costed only 10$?

Publicando en idioma:

8 Respuestas
            • Strike specific loot Faction wars back once a month Iron banner more than twice a season Crucible and gambit loot Weapon foundry bounties Sparrow racing once a month They spent so long bringing things to d1 that made it so good, then reverted to type for d2.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
              • Season- something along the line of, making it like 200 steps. With only about 10 of those being go talk to NPC/ listen to recorded messages. Unlike now with about 1/2-2/3 of the steps being that. Make some difference quests based off of class. Still end with same boss fight, but each class would have a couple steps set for them. Make it so you can jump to furthest completed quest step with other characters. If you do a public event, don’t do it at the end of the season with bad rewards. Do something really fun and interesting for the players. Maybe exotic skins as rewards, or at least some legendary ones. Maybe some really high stat armor. Maybe even a random exotic weapon that no one knew would drop.

Publicando en idioma:

• Breasts

Publicando en idioma:

• 1. Make loot unique instead of copy-paste weapons with different casings. This isn't 2009 when the first borderlands came out with weapons being the same with different colors anymore. - Make new base models for each foundry with its own animation - Make identity for each foundry after origin traits, add foundry exclusive perks, make different stats for each foundry archetype instead of same stats across all weapons in the same class and archetype - Make armor foundries focusing on certain aspects instead of completely random distribution 2. Make events fresh by adding new activities instead of doing the same old activities but this time they drop coins and something that isn't "reach the end and defeat the boss" activity

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                • Editado por AubsTheBelieber: 11/25/2022 8:38:42 AM
                  I would just unvault the 12 Crucible maps, 2 Gambit maps, countless strikes, and Scourge of The Past/Crown of Sorrow and let the community be happy with that. Literally zero effort so Bungie still gets to be lazy. But honestly look at seasons like Black Armoury. [spoiler]New Black Armory exotic weapons to pursue. FOUR new Lost Forges activities. New Fallen enemy faction, the Kell's Scourge. New Raid, Scourge of the Past. New faction vendor, Ada-1. New gear to uncover (about 30 weapons). New Exotic Quest Lines. New triumphs & collections. [/spoiler] And seasons after Forsaken were filled like that. But Bungie nowadays can't even be bothered to make a half decent community event after 2 and a half months of nothing.

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
                    NotCreative123
                    NotCreative123

I'm a scrub, so don't bother checking - antiguos

I would introduce a Forge mode to Private Matches that allows players to design maps and modes. Hopefully, some of the popular maps and modes can be added to the game as a whole.

Publicando en idioma:

• 12 man raids

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por BLUEBERRY (ADEPT): 11/25/2022 8:06:05 AM
                    Perform diligent quality control on the game and not let the player base figure out what’s broken when new content is released. Then I’d expand the season length and have only 3 seasons a year. Too many new exotics no one uses or is broken on release. More time to flesh out solid seasonal activities and QC Then I’d kill the power grind and make all pve content light locked to the players choice. Kinda Like GMs but for all activities besides gambit/crucible. You want to run GMs on day two of the season? Have at fun! Want to explore Europa at 30 light under? Go nuts! Significantly increase reward frequency at the cost of slightly more difficult to acquire perks combos/stat distribution. Reduce cost of mods across the board, giving the player the ability to choose what’s fun for them instead of what the developers decide should be fun. Also get rid of affinities. I don’t care if players have to scroll through 10 pages to find their mods, spending currencies all the time just to play is boring. Abandon trials entirely. It’s not the pinnacle of anything but win farming. In any metric, winning 7 games in a row should be nigh impossible playing against opponents of the same skill. That it happens so frequently for such a small few on the backs of the many is done by express design. Reintroduce strikes with guardian games type scoring to make it infinitely more appealing. Have weekly leader boards. Add a new (not reprised) map to crucible/gambit each season and remove the least liked map. Produce multiple armour sets and let players decide what they want. Enough ugly crap! Champions? Never heard of them. Implement light bearers throughout the universe. It’ll take time, but champions go first. FULLY DECOUPLED PVE/PVP SANDBOX. Enough having PVE players suffer because of bs in the crucible. Bring stasis cooldowns in line with everything else. Allow the power fantasy to exist without getting gutted because some streamer finds a way to break the crucible. Oh are you too strong? Try a different difficulty level! But allow people the ability to vaporize enemies with a sneeze if they want. Allow character modifications/change race. I hated having an exo hunter so much that I restarted it completely. While we’re at it, make character customization a fully fleshed out idea.

Publicando en idioma:

6 Respuestas
                    • I’d rather just have big releases twice a year. All seasonal resources get allocated to one big drop 6 months after the annual expansion. I don’t care about a drought if I’m thoroughly engrossed in the game for 2 months straight. I’ll just play something else in the drought time.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Deadpylons: 11/26/2022 10:11:31 PM
                      OH BOI do I have some idea on what to add or change in this game. This is going to be a long one ————————————————————————————— For starters I would put things that are themed for the season out of eververse and put it in the latest activity as incentive. Example would be the season of the haunted eververse armor really should have been the dungeon armor instead of that random Hakke armor. I would bring back trials bounties that gave trials loot on completion and I would also bring back the rewards for winning your 3, 5, 7, match even if you have a flawed card as incentive for those not so sweaty people to get trials loot. I would bring back strike specific loot that can drop in any vanguard op playlist exactly how you could get some very cool armor and such in strikes in D1 like the bond brother titan arms and the grasp of malok from Omni. I would make it so adept loot for trials and strikes that have cycled out could still be earned through engram focusing so those people who were not playing during that time does not experience fomo. Same goes for old playlist armor Insunset all maps and raids and strikes with a new coat of paint so pvp and gambit can have some “new” maps and pve players can have something to do. These returning raid would also be part of the rotating raids with updated perk pools as an incentive. The crown of sorrow and eater of worlds raid would be dungeons so the ratio of raids vs dungeons is not so big so it does not feel like the same dungeon is up every-time. I would make the holiday/event challenge card 100 silver since those do not have the same amount of content or value as an entire season so they should either be built into the event already or dirt cheap so this fledgling company can keep the lights on. Community events would begin at the start of the season with an insane requirement to complete but for every step or milestone completed we would see some real changes going on. Not stairs on the side of a falling apart building or spider showing off what he has stolen for some odd millions of gold. Like seriously? Every planet should have at least 2 world bosses with mini raid mechanics and boss specific loot like armor and weapons. Planets should be updated to work the same as the throne world planet xp and reward track and it should reset every season with different stat distribution on armor and perks of weapons being offered. ALL Raid weapons and armor should have traits unique to them. Armor traits could enhance or add onto weapon traits similar to perks being complimented in wrath of the machine with triple tap and triple double. Normal mode raids should be friendly to new raiders with infinite rez so they can get into raiding and learn and get into a groove. Hard mode raids should be on the token system we have no and add mechanics and loot into the hard mode that normal mode can’t get while also making the enemies hit slightly harder (not to much but slightly) and give the bosses a jump in health (it’s hard you are not meant to 1 phase everything on a harder difficulty) Make the adept weapons from trails, strikes, and raids drop with at least 1 enhanced perk and give the hard mode raid armor an extra mod slot in addition to the raid mode slot and 5 more energy. Create a true lvl system that would give you points you could put into stats you want and when you hit a lvl of 60 then you get into a ascendant rank that you can continue to get lvls freely but the activities would work around your lvl so you can feel powerful in any pve activity but you are not going to solo 1 phase melt warpriest on master. In pvp your lvl would be disabled unless you Q for a specific playlist that turns this on but you will only go against people in a similar lvl rang as you. Trials would work off of the lvls outside of ascendant since it would be silly to fight someone lvl 80082 while you are lvl 69 ————————————————————————————— That’s all I can really think of at this moment while spit balling and Bungie said they were trying to do something like a few of these. The things is I don’t want those simple bare bones changes that are already in the game for some venders and worlds to be the norm by the time my son goes to college as he is 9 months now. Those changes should have been a thing as soon as they were implemented in 1 playlist or planet. I think these changes would honestly add more than enough to keep people entertained to stay slightly longer and invest their time into the game but who knows honestly. Maybe all we need is more eververse items 👌😂 Sorry for the long af spit balling

Publicando en idioma:

• spoiler you can't without adding again the rng we had in the past

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Infamous067: 11/26/2022 4:10:08 AM
                      Its easy, make high quality expansions for every 6 months at a time. Basically merge 2-3 seasons in one expansion and call it a day. If players finish everything in one day then thats on them, people need to realize there are other games apart from destiny. I personally am bored of seasonal content, the quality of this content is stale and predictable. A massive expansion every 6 months sounds more reasonable. I rather bungie puts a lot more focus on the pvp, no matter how the pve only players feel about pvp, its a part of destiny and it needs attention. The balance of the game is the worse its been in years

Publicando en idioma:

• Enhance replayability with fun mechanics and and exotics instead of breaking the game once a season.

Publicando en idioma:

• Matchmade Legendary Nightfalls for one Iron Banner returns to Monthly events, or Bi-monthly if... Something new for Vanguard in the same idea as Iron Banner. Perhaps similar to Guardian Games with Strike Scoring which means... Guardian Games gets reworked to something else for the main event, possibly a different kind of PvEvP competition or a roulette of events related to PvE and PvP depending on week. Ranked Comp is getting added in S19 so we'll see how that initially shakes out, I'm interested in getting an actual rank to my name + Rose reintroduction sounds neat, just hope the perk pool is worth the weekly roll attempts. Vanguard equivalent of Trials, weekend event. Maybe weekend matchmade GMs just to throw science at the wall. Would require GM's level cap to be drastically reduced for entry while still enforcing light level handicaps. Trials SBMM + removal of Flawless, to be reworked into a new approach at entering the Lighthouse for Adept weapons. If GM content is so easy to get Adepts, why not Trials, remove the gatekeeping. Seasonal non-Eververse cosmetics as rewards for your Comp Rank. To be replaced or updated after each season / periodic update. Want that shiny gold+ ornament? Better keep that rank up. Becoming permanent additions after the season ends with a new ornament entering competition each successive season. Possibly chase-weapon oriented. Rose ornaments would be Comp Season 1 for example. Same idea for PvE events should a competitive PvE mode happen. Would depend on maintained high-scores and / or completion times. Possibly solo-oriented events for self-improvement. A chase weapon + ornament depending on your rank. Basically: More events and more open access for both crowds with cosmetic rewards and chase weapons tied to personal achievement and not eververse money.

Publicando en idioma:

3 Respuestas
                      • More bodies.

Publicando en idioma:

• I wouldn’t change anything. The hardcore, no lifers will continue playing this game no matter how bad it gets. Why change something and invest resources into a game that has literally 2 years left? The core player base are destiny addicts to be honest.

Publicando en idioma:

• Just bringing Activision back. They would know very well what to do with Bungie.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                        • Came up with all this real quick & on the fly - I would charge an appropriate price tag for the game & trim fat around the company to properly fund the best devs in the business to produce substantial amounts of content to keep a consistent flow of AAA quality content. I would have regular assessments of the dev teams to maintain a high passion for this franchise - franchise fatigue is normal, even for devs. It wouldn't be a "firing devs that don't meet my standards" deal, but more of a reevaluation of what IPs they should be working on. I would also charge a portion of the community management team to keep a list of the communities top feedback points & have open monthly discussions of the dev teams thoughts on these feedback points & their ideas to address them. The philosophy of the company moving forward to heavily lean into "We are here to make the best games possible - not the most money possible!"

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon