JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discusión sobre Destiny 2
Editado por Ranthop: 5/16/2021 10:47:30 PM

A Warlock's Rant - Boots of the Assembler versus Sanguine Alchemy and Bungie's hasty rework fueled by One Eyed Mask's popularity

[b]Here's a brief explanation of both exotic armor pieces. Scroll down for the full TL:DR This post is about Sanguine Alchemy and how irrelevant it has become, especially now that Boots of the Assembler have been released.[/b] Sanguine Alchemy - Weapon kills while standing in any rift extend the duration of that rift. (This exotic originally granted wall hacks to anyone who stood in the wearer's rift.) Boots of the Assembler - While standing in any rift you create Noble Seekers, which will seek your allies. Depending on whether the rift is an Empowering or Healing rift the Noble Seekers will grant both you and your allies a buff or health. Buffing or healing an ally will extend the duration of the rift. (In addition rifts create Noble Rounds for Lumina, the exotic hand cannon.) [b]The Actual Rant[/b] Ever since Sanguine Alchemy's perk was reworked I've had no reason to use this exotic. In my opinion there was no reason to even rework it in the first place. The exotic was good, but it was also under used by the majority of Warlock players. To my knowledge there were little to no complaints about it before and after it was reworked. At the time One Eyed Mask was overused and borderline overpowered. Sanguine Alchemy was reworked at the same time this Titan exotic was nerfed. It's my belief Bungie thought this Warlock exotic could become as popular as One Eyed Mask. I'll get into my thoughts on this later. Now that Boots of the Assembler has been released I can't imagine that Sanguine Alchemy has any viability in PvE, not that it was ever viable. In my mind, when you're solo, as long as you have the capacity or build to handle waves of enemies there is no need for this self-oriented exotic. As a Warlock there are plenty other exotics that exceed Sanguine Alchemy. I also don't see this exotic as effective as it once was in PvP. Sure, I might be able to hold a lane or defend a capture point, but in those moments I don't need a rift to last that long - not that it ever has to. It is a waste of an exotic slot if I extend a rift only for the opposing team to not push me. Not to mention that another player can just toss a grenade in my rift and force me out of it. Where as Boots of the Assembler feel way more team-oriented and are more effective at accomplishing the same result. In a PvP environment that emphasizes movement it is no wonder that One Eyed Mask was so popular. You gained a damage buff when an enemy player hit you and if you killed that player you earned an overshield. Plus you gained wall hacks against that player. You were essentially a mobile Sanguine Alchemy. They key difference between the two exotics is that Sanguine Alchemy's stationary rifts were easily defeated by a grenade and you had be smart. Sure, you had wall hacks against the enemies around you in PvP, however that advantage meant nothing if you couldn't beat the odds if two or three of them decided to make a push. Whether or not you had a teammate to help you win that gun fight is irrelevant, obviously it makes it easier to win when your team can see the enemy too. The point is the old Sanguine Alchemy was not as powerful as One Eyed Mask. AND before anyone says, "not every exotic needs to be as effective as the rest". I'll ask this, if a part of the game isn't fun then why would you interact with it. You wouldn't. [b]Conclusion[/b] (TL:DR) It may be late to criticize Bungie about their decision, but I don't think they really thought that hard before reworking Sanguine Alchemy. I mean they wanted to avoid another One Eyed Mask meta. They didn't really have a decent idea for a rework so they settled with something that might be useful in a niche scenario. If anything I think the current Sanguine Alchemy played a part in Bungie's inspiration to create Boots of the Assembler. Which sealed its irrelevance. If Bungie wants to make things right they should buff or re-rework Sanguine Alchemy. At the very least this exotic might become somewhat relevant again.

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• Yes! Make it give a chance to get extra glimmer.

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

2 Respuestas
    • Yeah that Sanguine Alchemy rework really killes the exotic... I honestly didn't think any warlock exotic could become more irrelevant than Alchemist Raiments from D1 due to Bungie getting into Zavala's Ether lined crayons.... but here we are.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Pumpkin Monster: 5/17/2021 1:14:54 AM
      Bump. The fact you are comparing the two and noticing how useless one is says everything about how Bungie treats Warlock exotics. I am waiting for a patch that address a redesign of all the exotics that cater to supers, specific subclasses or a horrible neutral game.

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
      • Editado por Ev1LDragonFly: 5/17/2021 1:18:41 AM
        Warlocks always get the short end of the stick, when it comes to Exotics. This season is probably the best example of it. Hunters get an Exotic that grants full health on cast, bonus damage and an overshield to any Super, and allows Golden Gun to outdamage Nighthawk. Titans get an Exotic that allows them to get a damage buff from Solar kills and is the only reliable counter to Stasis. Warlocks get an Exotic that does the same thing as one they already had and that no one used anyway. Never has a Warlock Exotic been game-breaking in Crucible. Hunters have had Gwisin Vest, Wormhusk Crown and Stompies all dominate for extended periods of time, while other options such as Lucky Pants, Frosties, Dragon's Shadow, Gemini Jester and many more can be built around to great effect. Titans have had OEM and Antaeus Ward make the game unplayable for everyone else, and can still get use out of Citan's Ramparts, Dunemarchers and Synthoceps. Meanwhile, people complain about Warlocks using Ophidian Aspect and Transversive Steps, when those are the only Exotics we have that are even halfway decent for PvP. Contraverse Hold, and the Nova Warp path, have been gutted repeatedly and Astrocyte Verse is worthless because Blink is the worst jump ability by a great distance. People will point to Geomags and say they broke the game, but the reality is that the associated subclass path had been untouched for about 2 years until the nerf, and they were only seeing popularity because Shadebinder got nerfed harder and faster than the other Stasis subclasses, and remains the worst of them in PvP.

Publicando en idioma:

7 Respuestas
        • I personally hate any exotic thats entire gimmick is you being lead foot in the rift. It's boring as all heck to have to remain stationary in a game built around speed and chaotic fights. As useful as these new boots are, the playstyle is so passive and tiring. That's also why I hate Well of Radiance, same concept. So boring to me. If they ever brought in an Aspect or whatever that converted Well into Song of Flame SunSinger, I'd take that over Well anyday of the week.

Publicando en idioma:

• I say flip it! Kills inside rift extend the diameter of rift.

Publicando en idioma:

4 Respuestas
          • The majority of warlock exotics so boring there is very little variety for the most part, its why i enjoy playing my other classes when i dust them off because they just feel so not samey Like imo there is little difference between exotics like Crown, NS, or EoTOW, and whats worse is that the majority of are subclasses are -blam!-ing gimped, which is part of the problem tbh. I could say more but you already hit the nail on the head, its a shame that the class with the coolest concept is rendered and regulated to be a freaking support role. The way they treat warlocks is like the way some people treat Dnd clerics should only ever be heal bots smh.

Publicando en idioma:

• Bruh 90% of warlock exotics need reworks lol dont just settle for one exotic man.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
            • At this point Sanguine needs to be given something more. It’s clearly an inferior exotic. I really would like to know why there’s never been major adjustments to exotics that are mediocre at best. Do the employees at Bungie just not care? Do they only have so much time and money? What’s the issue here?!

Publicando en idioma:

4 Respuestas
              • Well, the reason warlock exotics are trash is because generally, a warlock has exotic effects baked into their kits most of the time, and usually, at least seemingly, an exotic will only ever enhance what a warlock already has. Titans and hunters are generally more bare-bones, and it is usually an exotic that gives them that extra tool they need. This is why warlock exotics rarely if ever break the game necessarily, but the subclass itself does, and the exotic simply exacerbates a problem that exists with or without the exotic. The only real exception to this rule is the contraverse hold, but they still wound up destroying the class itself rather than the exotic specifically, since the hhsn was an actual menace (I loved using hhsn without the contraverse hold, but it was like having a pocket shotgun, it was just so reliable even without the gloves). I personally believe that the Sanguine Alchemy was reworked with OEM because recon was something they decided to make exclusive to hunters, conceptually, when they made that pass. Identity was likely the reasoning, for better or worse. The rework they chose was okay imo, but it shifted the exotic from exclusively pvp to nearly exclusively PvE... but only good for solo. Near infinite rift when dealing with enemies you can’t effectively hide from helped me through a lot of bad situations in solo play, but it was absolute trash in coop, since unless I got the killing blow, I could not maintain my rift. The new exotic is the opposite, working better for coop but being completely worthless in solo play. TL;DR: Technically, you still have a use for sanguine alchemy... it is the solo version of the new boots. Also, I think the rework to sanguine alchemy was more about class identity than anything. Those are my thoughts anyways. I know that what I said about Titan and hunter being more barebones is debatable with stasis on the scene, but I do think that is the reason, conceptually, that warlock exotics are pretty barebones by comparison to the very practical exotics that hunters and titans get. Warlocks are exotic by nature, Titans and hunters need tools to really shine.

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
                • Redesigned Sanguine Alchemy Concept 1: - Blood Magic - Replaces rift with a Tainted Rift. Standing near this drains your shields to damage nearby enemies, provide continuous healing, reduce incoming damage and boost outgoing damage. Damage boost scales with the number of enemies linked. Basically cuts your health in half to give you constant health regen (similar to standing in a rift). Damage bonus scales starting at +10% if no enemies linked to +35% at 3 nearby enemies. Linked enemies take 5 damage every 1/2 second while in effect radius. Damage resistance starts +10% with none and ends at +50% at 3 nearby. (Counteracts health drop) Effect radius is 10m. Concept 2: - Blood Magic - Replaces rift with blood-rite. Sacrifice a portion of your health to increase movement speed, slide distance, jump height, and melee strength for a moderate duration. Kills while active slightly extend its duration, melee kills further extend this. Activates faster than rift and deals 100 damage to any in the direct vicinity (including yourself). Effects are similar to pulsewave (movement speed and jump height) and slide distance is similar to Transverse Steps (not cryoclasm). Melee damage increased by 50% (charged melee damage capped at 160 total in PvP).

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                  • Sanguine needs a proper rework that seems to fit. My best though would probably be: kills in a rift extend the rifts duration. Any kill also restores some health. Possibly could add something along the lines of extra health gained after full HP will create a small over shield.

Publicando en idioma:

• I think Sanguine should get a change to be honest, it doesn't have to be drastic just something to make it stand out, right now the new boots does its job by extending rifts and provides remote healing or a damage buff, Sanguine should get something to compete

Publicando en idioma:

• Since both Titans and Hunters now have an exotic that fundamentally changes their class ability, Bungie should just rework Sanguine Alchemy so that warlocks have something like that, too. For Example: Blood Magic: Changes your Rift to a shorter-duration personal aura. Kills extend the duration of the aura.

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                    • not going to read the full post but, the new exotic for warlock are very good, pvp and pve

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                      • Sanguine Alchemy was designed for a version of the Survival playlist where radar was turned off. That version doesn’t exist any more, so no one used it. The current Sanguine Alchemy is very useful in pve solo play...in fact I won’t use Tommy’s Matchbook without it...and the new exotic boots shine in team play So there is room for both....and which is better is more about how you play. What we don’t need are one-size-fits-every-situation exotics that crush any real choice or build diversity.

Publicando en idioma:

26 Respuestas
                        • Editado por BAggx: 5/18/2021 12:37:06 AM
                          Bungie and warlocks aint a good match👽. I used my grenade typing this 😆.

Publicando en idioma:

• Bump.

Publicando en idioma:

• Maybe Sanguine could make warlock rift work as as an AOE debuff (i.e. healing does damage over time and slows combatants, empowering makes targets take more damage)

Publicando en idioma:

• Warlock exotics are terrible. It's rtradition. Just like Warlocks not getting a unique class sword

Publicando en idioma:

3 Respuestas
                          • i was thinking. sanguine was all about seeing shit and highlighting enemies in comp for you and your allies when it first released, bungie could always give that another shot but in pve instead essentially just make the rifts counter the radar debuff blackout gives you, as long as you keep getting kills in a rift you and other allies can keep the radar

Publicando en idioma:

• Plus one eyed was also kinda good in pve as kills did heal you

Publicando en idioma:

• Very good breakdown!

Publicando en idioma:

1 Respuesta
                            • I was just thinking about how these boots make sanguine useless. They could just give back the old perk or do something new. But most likely bungie wont do anything.

Publicando en idioma:

• maybe sanguin should still extend rift time with kills, but also each kill should give you and teammates a damage buff for each kill while in the rift. damage should stack up to 5 kills to get maximum damage, but you lose that damage buff once you leave the rift. kind of like a mini well.

Publicando en idioma:

2 Respuestas
                              • I miss old sanguine

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon