JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discusión sobre Destiny 2
Editado por Benny: 5/1/2021 5:59:52 AM
33
45
Benny

Changes to Radar in Destiny 2

Hello! I have played Destiny since back in 2015 and have invested upwards of 4000 hours, of which I spent the vast majority of that time in PvP. I wanted to make a post addressing a change which I personally think would be a great addition to the Crucible and maybe the game in general. I am a full time streamer of Destiny 2's PvP and also make Youtube videos, this game is a huge part of my life at this point and I really do care about the state of the game and want to provide some feedback that I think would really improve the flow of PvP. Destiny is not a hyper competitive e-sport as we all know, I think the current radar gives a huge amount of free information out which is not necessarily a bad thing within reason. The radar tells you where everyone that is remotely close to you is at all times, I think the way the radar works is great, however my feedback would be to bring in the range slightly. The meta in Destiny right now is to "team-shot" with 120RPM Hand Cannons and Dead Man's tale (at least on PC, where I play), I think this "death ball" strategy of running around together is far more prevalent because of the current radar. The range spans over huge portions of the map completely defeating the ability to flank and catch your opponent by surprise. Take The Cauldron for an example, Trials this previous week (April 23-27th) really highlighted the point I'm getting at here. Whichever team took mid control was at a huge advantage. There is three main points of entry into the middle "Throne Room", these being "Gold room", "Bone room" and the "Bridge" areas. A team holding middle will ALWAYS know if a flank to fight from a different angle/doorway/point of entry is being taken because the radar does cover the majority of the map from the Throne Room. As of right now the only time a flank seems to catch an opponent by surprise is when you get sniped from an angle you weren't expecting, it is always done with a sniper because of the radar now allowing anybody to get close to you without you realising beforehand. Often at a higher more co-ordinated level resulting in your entire team to turn around and slide at the player who is singling themselves out furthermore reducing the incentive to flank and attack from multiple angles. I understand that No-radar PvP has been tried in the past and was not loved by the PvP community, including myself. I think it really hurt the flow of the game and some form of radar should exist, I think the current system with some range reduction would be the perfect solution. Curious to hear feedback and if people are in agreement with me or disagree entirely, looking for constructive opinions and criticisms to my point of view. I know a reduction in radar distance/range could have impact in PvE so I wouldn't want it to be too severe, but PvE isn't my area of expertise. Thanks for reading, Benny

Publicando en idioma:

 

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

Ver el resto del tema
  • The instant you said you think the pack mentality is caused by radar (even if you think it's only slightly), I realized I didn't have to read anything else. No. Pack mentality is because it's the most effective strategy in 98% of cases. The other 2% only shut it down because 1% is when an enemy has a group-destroying Heavy such as a rocket launcher, while the other 1% is when an enemy has a group-destroying super like Nova Bomb, Behemoth, or some other big-damage large-area super. When you can run as a pack of 3 or more and guarantee the kill on lone players, or 4 or more and guarantee a kill on 2 players, and so on and so forth, why would you ever run solo? Radar has nothing to do with it, BUT, reducing the range of radar WILL make it a more effective strategy. Why? Because now people have reason to be worried going around lane corners and such. Now, they can run by and be surprised by the lone sniper or the DMT spammer. So what better way to counter it than to run in a full pack at all times, so that they never have the disadvantage of being caught unawares? Even if one of them gets picked off, the others in the group will get the job done. Don't blame pack mentality on radar. It exists because this community is terrified of anything less than meta, and there's nothing more meta than 6 people focusing all of their fire on one single person until they're dead, then moving on to the next.

    Publicando en idioma:

     

    Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

    4 Respuestas
    No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon