JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Foros

publicado originalmente en: Pinnacle Weapons were a mistake
7/30/2019 4:02:25 AM
Pinnacle weapons are good for a reason. If you actually spent the time to get them instead of writing an essay about it than you would understand
English

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• "If you actually spent the time to get them..." Did...did you even read anything he posted? He has them...

Publicando en idioma:

Pórtate bien. Echa un vistazo a nuestro Código de conducta antes de publicar tu mensaje. Cancelar Editar Crear escuadra Publicar

• You seem to think everyone grinds for their pinnacle weapons, which makes you look like a moron, I will take a bet that half of the people who have Luna’s howl paid for it, I will bet that over 3 quarters of the people who have mountaintop did it through kill lobbies, and I will also bet that 90% of people that have any other pinnacle weapon besides not forgotten didn’t “grind” for it, as most are retroactive and really easy to get just have “big numbers”

Publicando en idioma:

• Just taking a look at how many fireteams guarantee pinnacle crucible weapons and it’s obvious.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Ev1LDragonFly: 7/30/2019 6:08:09 AM
    I did the Mountaintop grind legitimately and have every one apart from Hush. That's why I'm able to make a post like this. Care to rethink?

Publicando en idioma:

• I’m glad to see that even some people that have said pinnacle weapons see how it has ruined Crucible as a whole. Crucible is such a joke from what was once a good 30% of my time investment in D1. I never wanted to grind for them, still don’t, but I may get the revoker one day. Provided I ever have a reason to enter Comp anyway. There is nothing Bungie can do to fix the Crucible until we get a major overhaul in Destiny 3.

Publicando en idioma:

• I truly believe that the recent period of dominance by Luna's Howl was the worst era Crucible has ever had. There have been many dark periods, but each had at least a saving grace. Clever Dragon with High-Cal meta was littered with underrated weapons like Distant Star, Burning Eye, Lingering Song, Fever and Remedy and so on. TLW/Thorn Meta after Update 1.1 until TTK had complete counterplays to them. Good use of Red Death nullified Thorn and MIDA was a thoroughly competitive option that you could use to operate well outside of both guns' effective ranges. Throw in The Messenger and The Scholar, there's a good array of usable primary weapons. Luna's Howl, however, was so far beyond every other option (unless you were on Equinox) that there simply was no competition to be found. The people who defended it so stoically were either blind or in complete denial.

Publicando en idioma:

• Editado por Kang 81: 7/30/2019 8:43:19 PM
    Agreed. I preferred how it worked in D1. Or at least the way it did with Trials, eventually. The idea that anyone can randomly get a good weapon, but if your a better player, you can get a slightly better version (adept), but not completely OP. I’m not a hardcore PvP guy anymore, I’m getting older and don’t have the twitch skills or patience like I used too. Playing crucible lately, even the most recent IB, is just not fun. The non competitive playslists are being overrun by all the sweaty pinnacle weapon top tier players. How is that good for the community? It’s not. People that are more casual Destiny players, or at least more casual crucible players, are avoiding the mode altogether. It also makes any exotic quest where PvP is required (way too many to begin with) even more of a pain in the @$$. I also think that Bungie needs to bring back something to occupy and attract the sweaty hardcore PvP crowd, that way they don’t need to stomp people in quickplay. It’s not just pinnacle weapons though. The complete and utter lack of options is a huge factor. We can choose 4 modes, and that’s it. Quickplay, Rumble, Comp, and the weekly playlist. Bungie needs to bring back player choice of what modes players can choose. Sometimes people want to play one mode over and over, and I miss that. Also, as a solo player, my clan is all but dead at the moment thanks to all the ups and (many more) downs of D2, crucible can be horrendous. I want Bungie to bring back the mercenary playlist so I don’t have to be a jerk and back out of a match because I’m playing with a team of randoms against a full stack of sweaty Comp players with full pinnacle weapon loadouts. Everything Bungie has done with the Crucible in D2 is slowly killing it. If they can’t figure out how to fix it for D3, then I hope the rumors of D3 ditching PvP are true. At least that way they can focus on making the PVE the best thing ever while not having to struggle so much with balancing for both PvP and PVE. Something they have never been able to do, nor do I think they ever will be able to do. On a side note: I’ve brought up the notion of making top tier crucible pinnacle weapons available for use in only the competitive playlist. It would lead to a more balanced PvP. That didn’t go over well with pinnacle weapon owners. “What?!? Not letting me take my OP weapons and go on fun ruining killing sprees against the less skilled or casual players??” Heresy!

Publicando en idioma:

No se te permite acceder a este contenido.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon